Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:46:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to PRIVATELY send crypto payment to website?  (Read 128 times)
thelostraver (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:36:32 AM

Hello,

I understand basics of crypto. I do creative marketing online and I have to pay for my ads  daily with cryptocurrency (ETH, LTC, or BCH)

I would typically get my LTC (was using BTC until it blew up last year and mining fees became ridiculous) from coinbase and transfer to my electrum wallet and pay the site small amounts to pay for my ad.

Me being a noob for a while thought that all they would see is a receiving coin from [LTC address], and I thought it was randomized when they receive, so they couldn't potentially link multiple accounts that I have. However I learned that is not the case, and if they wanted they could develop something that could see I am sending them payments (an LTC payment address is generated for each account I have) all from the same wallet. I use a few different wallets but typically my batch of coins come from coinbase.

I noticed shortly after I deposited funds into my accounts with my few Electrum LTC wallets, most of my ads ghosted. I have reason to believe they see my payments coming from the 3 electrum wallets I have.

What is the best way to combat this? Can I pass crypto and exchange through a site like ShapeShift for LTC sent to my electrum wallet and then send? Or should I get like 10 electrum wallets, do 10 separate buys from coinbase or binance and 10 sends to each electrum wallet? I'm afraid to deposit larger amounts into my account because once the account is ghosted, that's it. Funds are gone. So until I can establish an account I would be making multiple small payments. I can do any combo of ETH, LTC or BCH.

Thank you very much,
thelostraver

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3421

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 10:25:17 AM

I do creative marketing online and I have to pay for my ads  daily with cryptocurrency (ETH, LTC, or BCH)
Can you specify the service that you're using for these?

Me being a noob for a while thought that all they would see is a receiving coin from [LTC address], and I thought it was randomized when they receive, so they couldn't potentially link multiple accounts that I have.
There's a lot of other ways to link multiple accounts...

However I learned that is not the case, and if they wanted they could develop something that could see I am sending them payments (an LTC payment address is generated for each account I have) all from the same wallet.
Have you checked if they allow for users to have multiple accounts?

I noticed shortly after I deposited funds into my accounts with my few Electrum LTC wallets, most of my ads ghosted. I have reason to believe they see my payments coming from the 3 electrum wallets I have.
Ads aren't ghosted like that (normally) but if you firmly believe that's the case, then they simply don't allow you to have multiple accounts.

What is the best way to combat this? Can I pass crypto and exchange through a site like ShapeShift for LTC sent to my electrum wallet and then send?
No, you'll end up with the same result since in the end you'll be sending from your electrum wallet (again).

Or should I get like 10 electrum wallets, do 10 separate buys from coinbase or binance and 10 sends to each electrum wallet?
That's unnecessary...

Can you provide more details in regards to your ads?

1. Are they similar (even partly)?
2. How often you post those ads?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
LtMotioN

Activity: 210
Merit: 29

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:55:00 AM

Hi mate
I am no  expert on being fully anonymous with this but if you use a privacy coin in the middle with shapeshift with new BTC or LTC wallets at the other end you should be good.
for example:
1. Send your LTC to a shapeshift address and set it to recieve Monero, dash, ETN or anything of that sort.
2. swap the privacy coin of your choice back to a new LTC wallet. 
3. Enjoy, I dont think theres a way to link the two LTC wallets you used.

What do you mean by account is ghosted btw ?

Dogs are nice, I don't like cats though.
al1n

Activity: 154
Merit: 29

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:06:38 AM

Hi mate
I am no  expert on being fully anonymous with this but if you use a privacy coin in the middle with shapeshift with new BTC or LTC wallets at the other end you should be good.
for example:
1. Send your LTC to a shapeshift address and set it to recieve Monero, dash, ETN or anything of that sort.
2. swap the privacy coin of your choice back to a new LTC wallet.  
3. Enjoy, I dont think theres a way to link the two LTC wallets you used.

What do you mean by account is ghosted btw ?

this works also with changelly
but remember that you will lose some money when doing 2 exchanges and also consider the fee required (again 2 times)

I think the easiest way is to deposit ltc (or whatever other coin) into an exchange and then withdraw to a different address
this way you will lose only withdraw tax (if any) and network fee
thelostraver (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:50:08 PM

Thanks for help.

What I am now doing is a bit overkill, but I have multiple electrum wallets. My crypto will go from exchange > Exodus desktop > ETH> BCH in Exodus, and then sent to specific newly created wallet. Then I wipe out exodus after backing up my private key and generate new keys and rinse and repeat.

I have used ShapeShift in before to get XRP.....BUT unless things have changed, all I see on their subreddit is bad story after bad story after bad story. I had 2 failed XRP transactions during the XRP boom and it took 15 days to get my funds back for one of the failed transactions. The other I wrote off. However I have used the service with other cryptos  but I am very weary of using them now.

Thank you
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:53:50 PM

The easiest way is to use a separate wallet (or a separate account in a single wallet, if the wallet supports that feature) for each identity. That should probably be enough unless they are looking deeper. Going further, you would ensure that no two of your wallets ever receive funds from the same wallet.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
thelostraver (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:02:38 AM

Thank you. I used shapeshift today and it worked. Appreciate the help.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: