Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:28:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will BTC end like .com bubble?  (Read 382 times)
lopez cryptomania (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:31:25 AM

I am personally a believer in the blockchain technology however will the currency aspect of the tech hold value and become the new way of transacting into the future or will it eventually bust like the .com bubble did? Any educated opinions welcomed.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cryptohad

Activity: 229
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:43:44 AM

when you believe in block chain technology, then you have opened the gates of success in the future. all scientists recognize that block chain technology is a great technological innovation and will be used for the future. but may need good management so it's not used for negative actions.
coinsons

Activity: 117

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:55:25 AM

yes i think in 2-3 years after that hype will dropped price will go down and btc will cost normally Smiley
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:26:05 AM
Merited by Pearls Before Swine (1)

I am personally a believer in the blockchain technology however will the currency aspect of the tech hold value and become the new way of transacting into the future or will it eventually bust like the .com bubble did? Any educated opinions welcomed.

I'm definitely a believer in blockchain technology. I think the entire system and layout of it brings organization and optimization to many tasks of today. I also, however, do like to compare the crypto markets to the .com boom often. I see it like this:

In the 1990's and 2000's people were throwing money at companies and telling them to become as big as Microsoft or Apple. Of course, not every company can perform to this level, so they would end up failing and a burst started. Similarly, people have been throwing their investments into coins that they may not even know enough about. I wouldn't be surprised if some of these coins end up as busts, just as the .com boom ended up. History does repeat itself to an extent.

I definitely believe that there are certain coins that have what it takes to survive and that the originality that they bring to the markets is key. We'll see where the technology goes; I doubt EVERY coin is going to survive.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
Meysa_richa

Activity: 458
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:33:25 AM

it is not an end, but it is merely a trade law in the ascending of a bitcoin price, because the chart always moves up and down, and there is a time to increase and decrease the bitcoin price.
Suharti12

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:44:38 AM

I think bitcoin will run well and will be the currency of the future, bitcoin is in the interest of the people for future investment, and it will be a rare item that has a high value, although the bubble happens all will be fine.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
tananaev

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:53:33 AM

If by ending up like dot-com bubble you mean that we'll have a few industry winners and most other companies will die, then yet, I think most cryptocurrencies will die and we'll have a small number of good projects remaining. Bitcoin is not guaranteed to be one of them, but I think the chances are very good.
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:55:43 AM

Everything depends on the specific circumstances of using the crypto currency. If she, as bitcoin now, will constantly enjoy increased demand, then it will grow in price and swell as a financial bubble. This will bring both its collapse together. If the crypto currency is used more or less evenly, then there can not be any bubble and it will be almost eternal, it will only improve and pass from one quality to another.

X7
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:56:39 AM
Merited by BrewMaster (1)

The .com bubble is a miss understanding - when you say end up like, what does that mean?

We are here now how many years later, enjoying the amazing technology and technological advances of this dot.com bubble, there will be companies that come and go - there will also be coins that come and go. But there will also be the Google's that stay and change the landscape.

There will also be some coins that come and stay, and change the landscape. The concept of a bubble has the negative connotation and in no way reflects the full macro view outcome of the entire eco system.

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
shahani

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:13:42 AM

Many speculative issues about bitcoin, and it can cause bad effect in bitcoin business, but bitcoin actually contributed a lots of income to the people for a long period of time passed. Being a new member in this kind of business we must go with the situation without any such complaining on whatever any changes from bitcoin management. Actually, as a new member in this particular business, I have no such strong ideas if this certain bitcoin end like .com bubble. I'm just only putting my side in bitcoin, and positively thinking that bitcoin give us the the good future income and bitcoin can change globally by improving economic status towards high technology system.

╔═██|   investaco.in   |██═════  Pre ICO : May 1st, 2018  ═╗
╚  JOIN THE NEW BREED WHO WILL INHERIT THE DIGITAL EARTH!  ╝
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:38:12 PM

when you believe in block chain technology, then you have opened the gates of success in the future. all scientists recognize that block chain technology is a great technological innovation and will be used for the future. but may need good management so it's not used for negative actions.

Yup! If you have trust in bitcoin that it will go beyond then it will be a good investment, we can really see in the past that bitcoin had taken so much impact in the community that the demands will sure grow and so is the value, No one had seen this in the past that is why there are so many people that are regretting right now, I really think it can be use for future transaction we can see a more convenient, reliable and fast transaction.
bitcoinvamp

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:56:23 PM

If you really believe in the blockchain technology then you would have confidence on it as it is gonna last really long as it is a technology that we can rely on in any aspect we can think of . Well saying about a bubble i don't think it is a bubble till everyone believes in it and keep investing and trading in it. If the people all around does not stop supporting the technology and the bitcoin it can be destroyed at any cost. And yeah it is new way of transacting money to one another and its gonna change the whole system of money transfer all over the world.
littlebill16

Activity: 160
Merit: 12

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:49:34 PM

The .com bubble didn't really end anything? If you look now at those companies of course some failed but many of them are now powerhouses in the current economy. I would be quite happy if crypto follows in the same path. I don't actually think it will enjoy that level of success but of course a scenario where we see a crash and then only the strong manage to recover is something that's highly likely at some point. Like in nature, it will be survival of the fittest.

▓▓▓█████████████████████████████░░               UBEX               ░░█████████████████████████████▓▓▓
▓██████████████████░░               Global Decentralized Advertising Exchange               ░░██████████████████▓
▓███░        • Telegram  • Facebook  • ANN Thread  • Youtube  • LinkedIn  • Twitter • Medium  • Reddit  • Github        ░███▓
Hexah

Activity: 728
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:07:41 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2018, 04:58:40 AM by Hexah

Well expect that two scenarios you said could happen both though I think they will vary on the difference of time, place and reason. But what is most likely to happen is that this kind of technology especially the blockchain that makes all the cryptocurrency possible is the next big thing that will bloom on the future of whole mankind. Don't doubt it would really happen and we would expect a digitaized money or token transfer technology.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:15:00 PM
Merited by Tyrantt (2)

Sorry to break it to the altcoiners and blockchain tech purists, but if a cryptocurrency cannot or is not designed to hold purchasing value that incrementally increases over time, then people just won't buy and hold it. Period. There would be no incentive to hold it long term.

They won't even buy it as needed for e-commerce purposes, because most people will just use their existing fiat-based payment systems that work, because no hassle and no overhead.

And what cryptocurrency is best designed and architected to hold value over time? Bitcoin.

If all cryptocurrencies got wiped out one day (btw not gonna happen), then what would they start over with? Again, Bitcoin.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3868

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:42:05 PM

It's gonna end worse.
You had real companies creating huge traffic networks.
The bubble was due to fraud by Turner and AOL claiming they were selling ads for $40cpm
They had almost no sales absolute FRAUD

The sales were almost all even exchanges between AOL and Turner

I'll. Sell you 100 million banners for $40cpm if you buy my 100 million for $40cpm

It's why AOL is now worth nothing

But eventually Google came along and found a market for 5 cent clicks.

Enter the age of Google

Most of the new social media Giants can't justify their market caps

Google the big asset, the rest over valued.

If you actually try to use the bullshit ads of FB and Twitter and IG and Lin

You quickly find out the only network that brings results is Google.

So the whole net comes down to Google, the rest is bullshit.

Now business sites produce income but the value of most pure internet companies is bullshit.

The problem with crypto all the good ideas that did ICOs tied to exchanges that value everything in BTC is BTC has nothing justify it's value with so as BTC eventually implodes that will impact every coin.

Yet crypto is real.

Think of Bitcoin like infoseek in 1996
Now Ethereum is Yahoo
Ripple is Alta Vista

The Google of crypto is about to debut

It will scale to do billions of small transactions a day, it will be instant in speed and it will cost nothing for merchants to use.

Merchant acceptance will drive it and consumers join it to get merchant deals only available for the coin.

I've seen a couple of projects proposing it, it's being done with VC dough.

Interesting point of view.
However, MSFT still dominates with Windows and Office, Ebay dominates its niche and Amazon dominates ecommerce (at least in NA and EU with Alibaba a strong showing in Asia). MSFT is even pre-web, Ebay/AMZN-early internet. FB and Google-successful late comers.
This just illustrates the point that sometimes network effects are so strong that they withstand decades of tech evolution and/or tech iterations.

the conclusion is it is too early to tell whether bitcooin will have long term staying power (it might, but not guaranteed).
However the good news is that at least 2-4 more strong players will likely to exist and prosper, which makes it interesting.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:15:49 AM

But you are forgetting there were two different endings for companies that were part of the dot com bubble, in one hand we had the companies that were nothing but air and about 90% of the companies went bankrupt because they did not had any product, as far as I know we have a similar failure rate for icos, however there was a small percentage that became the companies that are part of our present like Google, there are some coins that will have that future and bitcoin will be one of them.
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:20:10 AM
Merited by Pearls Before Swine (1)

Companies that hard real value ended up making it out of the dot com bubble just fine. Yeah there was a panic, but there will always be panic sellers in markets. Amazon is a great example. We're like Amazon in 1999 right now. Everyone thinks it's a bubble, it "crashes" then we continue to 10x again. I know this is going to happen because it's just common sense. Stop trusting banks. Stop trusting other people with your money. Demand your own currency that your government can't control!
lopez cryptomania (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:11:37 AM

I appreciate everybody's comments very interesting and good reading. I agree with everybody in at least one way and at the end of the day do understand that not every company survives however the few ones with the best product and trust of the ppl. will so thankfully I'm invested in BTC and power to the ppl. bc gov. and institutions only know how to screw the ppl. these days, and more than likely in the past too lol
TERA2

Activity: 266
Merit: 222

Deb Rah Von Doom

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:15:59 AM

Im not staying in a market thats going to lost 90% of its value and then bounce back in 10 years. Im going to use that money on other investments and then get back in at the bottom.

60659 📦
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: