Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:47:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ChunkHost VPS now accepts bitcoin.. for the next 24 hours, double credit!  (Read 2695 times)
joshbb (OP)

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 11:24:35 PM

Heya!

I'm Josh Jones, purveyor of fine Bitcoin shirts at shirtoshi.com, and maker of bitmadness.com and bitcoinbuilder.com, and co-founder of DreamHost.com!

Well, I also run ChunkHost.com, super fast SSD Xen servers for just $9 a month (no matter how big.. only pay once for more RAM/Disk!), and we have bitcoin support locked and loaded!

To celebrate, if you signup in the next 24 hours and pay with bitcoin, on top of the 5% discount we normally give for paying with bitcoin (and our generous exchange rate, currently $116/BTC), we will give you an account credit of DOUBLE whatever you've paid. So, that's like 55% off for paying with bitcoin!

Go check it out and kick the tires and spread the word!!

Thanks,
josh!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 11:38:20 PM

So what would be my cost/month if I wanted the 4gb of ram?
joshbb (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 01:39:31 AM

We're actually doing something that's never been done before as far as I know in hosting... all the plans are the same $9/mo, but there's a one-time hardware fee for plans bigger than 1GB (which optionally can be paid over 2 years too)!

For 4GB it's $9/mo with a onetime $599 fee. Right now that'd mean you only have to add $285 worth of bitcoin to your account to cover the hardware fee, and then you're just paying $9/mo forever! You can also think of it for $38/mo for the first two years and $9/mo after that. So depending on how much you pre-pay for, you're getting half off... or $19/mo for the first two years and $4.50 a month from then on (until you use up the credit for however much you pay).

It's a little confusing, but I think pretty awesome!?

Just let me know if you have any other questions at all!

Thanks!
jarhed

Activity: 672
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 02:01:10 AM

After you mislead me to use my facebook info to register for a free trial several months ago a never came through, I'll pass on whatever you're trying. I will make you pay for time wasted and I don't want your crappy double credit. 
joshbb (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 03:33:51 AM

Heya,

Alt coin mining with the CPU is fine, you're on a VPS and the CPU is virtualized and your usage won't affect others anyway, so go crazy!

I apologize about not being able to get through everybody with our free tier... the problem was actually that we got way WAY more applications for it than we ever imagined, and then we couldn't get enough IPv4 addresses from our upstream providers. I promise your facebook account was not (and will not) be used in any privacy-invading way. That was just as an anti-fraud (and multiple account) screening method, which it worked pretty well for.

In fact, this "pivot" of business model is exactly because of the IPv4 issues we came across when attempting the free model.

My apologies!
josh!
joshbb (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 05:39:19 PM

Sorry about that! It was a floating point rounding error! It's been fixed now and credited (double) to your account!
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 05:45:41 PM

Hello, I'm searching around for hosting for many different projects which I'm considering doing. However, I haven't seen 'many' reviews of you're service. Could you point me in some direction. What if my vps/dedicated server has downtime. What would you do to help?

joshbb (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 06:20:18 PM

Heya!

Here's a review from back when we had the free tier (but as I mentioned before, the world-wide IPv4 shortage forced us to stop that)...

http://freevps.us/thread-3320.html

We've lowered prices a ton since then too, and with this BTC promo it's another 50% off on top!

We've actually got a very good network and data center (peer one), and because we use Xen to isolate your VPS other customers possibly going crazy won't cause any problems with your VPS. We do have a full automatic SLA that refunds you for any downtime of the network or host machine though, but they are very rare! Knock on wood. We also keep a free backup of all our customer machines to restore from in the case of a catastrophic failure of their host machine. The host machines are RAID 10 SSD drives too so they've got pretty super performance and redundancy in case of a drive failure.

Give it a try!
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 07:59:04 PM

What kind of upgrades from the base plan do you offer? I only see other pre-made plans.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
joshbb (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 02:39:11 AM

What kind of upgrades were you thinking of? If you want something custom, we'll likely be able to accommodate! But I think our plans are pretty standard and competitive as well, even without the mega bitcoin bonus!
ikilled

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 12:04:28 PM

Great!
I tried it and it works like charm, it's fast and it's very simple to use.
The support is also very fast to respond.
When I paid in Bitcoins I got double credits (i sent $9 in BTC and i got $18 of credits :-)

If somebody is interested please use my referal link:
http://chunkhost.com/r/ikilled
Thanks ;-)
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 12:55:53 PM

Heya!

Here's a review from back when we had the free tier (but as I mentioned before, the world-wide IPv4 shortage forced us to stop that)...

We've lowered prices a ton since then too, and with this BTC promo it's another 50% off on top!

We've actually got a very good network and data center (peer one), and because we use Xen to isolate your VPS other customers possibly going crazy won't cause any problems with your VPS. We do have a full automatic SLA that refunds you for any downtime of the network or host machine though, but they are very rare! Knock on wood. We also keep a free backup of all our customer machines to restore from in the case of a catastrophic failure of their host machine. The host machines are RAID 10 SSD drives too so they've got pretty super performance and redundancy in case of a drive failure.

Give it a try!

Thank you for your detailed response. I'm currently considering my options and researching into different companies. By, the end of next month I hope to find a ideal host for most of my projects.

Do you allow gaming networks on the VPS? Xen is a very good VPS to host gaming servers on. However, I know some hosts don't allow it.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 01:42:14 PM

Nice hosting site. I'll probably rent a VPS from you soon Smiley
joshbb (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 05:06:35 PM

Cool!

Yup, we allow gaming servers, whatever! Because its xen you won't be able to affect other users so whatever you do on your chunk is your business. The only things you can get in trouble for are things that affect out network, basically spamming or DOS attacks!

Heya!

Give it a try!

Thank you for your detailed response. I'm currently considering my options and researching into different companies. By, the end of next month I hope to find a ideal host for most of my projects.

Do you allow gaming networks on the VPS? Xen is a very good VPS to host gaming servers on. However, I know some hosts don't allow it.
joshbb (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 05:10:28 PM

Thanks!

Go for it! And the double credit for bitcoin payments expires in 14 hours so sooner is better! Smiley

bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 01:05:22 AM

Thanks!

Go for it! And the double credit for bitcoin payments expires in 14 hours so sooner is better! Smiley

I ended up getting a 18/month server... First time linux user and I allready have a GO server and KF server installed. Great service! Just think you should offer a special for 1/2 off a 4gb ram package for 6mo/year with the 2x credit and You have a customer Smiley
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 01:17:39 AM

This sound really good and it kind of does make sense. Any idea of how much this double credit offer will last? Wink

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
joshbb (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 06:38:17 AM

Great, thanks!

I'm not sure exactly what you're saying with the 1/2 off the 4GB server with double credit? With the double credit you are essentially getting half off!

The double credit was planned to end at midnight tonight (in 23 minutes) but if you're a little late and it doesn't show up, just pm me! We're willing to extend it some for you guys, we love you so much!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: