Bitcoin Forum
August 01, 2024, 07:10:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: More than Half of Russians Know About Bitcoin Now  (Read 113 times)
PlusCoinINK (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 15

PlusCoin [ICO 10 September-10 November]

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:05:26 AM

More than half of Russians have some knowledge about bitcoin, according to a new survey. Awareness is higher among young people and in major cities. Three quarters of the Muscovites feel informed about the leading cryptocurrency thanks to 185,000 publications in news outlets. Bitcoin is the most popular word in Russian social media, another study shows.

Could Russians be the biggest patron of Bitcoin?

Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/more-than-half-of-russians-know-about-bitcoin-now/

tegarp90

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:10:29 AM

i think china has the biggest posession of bitcoins, their country has very big population and most of them know cryptocurrency
squallw

Activity: 504
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:20:42 AM

88% of japan knows bitcoin: https://news.bitcoin.com/survey-japanese-bitcoin/
I think japan is currently bitcoin paradise as government didnt fight against it.

Anyway, bitcoin is turning very popular worldwide.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:24:25 AM

Just because they know doesn't mean they use it. It's impressive that a lot of them know about Bitcoin, but that's kind of expected given how much their government talks about it lol. They even plan on launching their own cryptocurrency. People will get curious at some point.

Either way, according to this site:

https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/btc/analysis/USD

Russian rubles is only 12th in terms of Bitcoin trading volume. We could probably bump that up to 11 because USDT doesn't count, and it accounts for 0.18% of the market. I know it's not a perfect indicator of Bitcoin support, but based from that, I find it highly unlikely that Russians are the biggest Bitcoin "patrons", as you say.

dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:31:46 AM

Wow, we know that Russia is a big country. And half of Russian citizens already know about Bitcoin. That's why many ICO projects are coming from Russia. And I'm sure there will be many countries following Russia for Crypto's business.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
gigatux

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:34:47 AM

i think china has the biggest posession of bitcoins, their country has very big population and most of them know cryptocurrency
I agree with you that china has a huge population in their country but bitcoin is already banned in china. I also want to add the fact that I encountered a lot of russian people here in bitcoin. Some are even my camp manager and some are just my fellow mate in a certain campaign.
rickn

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:44:55 AM

Russia has already stated that it intends to create its own virtual currency, called the virtual ruble. However, there are still many uncertainties about regulations and bans on crypto investments.
Some members of the government have already expressed their support for crypto investments, while others have been opposed.
Let us hope that there will be no oppression and severe restrictions on the crypto market, because Russia is a big country that can help a lot in the growth of the crypto market.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: