Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:52:22 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Masternode genkey  (Read 253 times)
crafty (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 111

Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:44:14 AM

Can someone please help me with this command? If I keep typing this command, it just keeps spitting out different key every time. I only have 2 addresses in my wallet however it produced 4 different keys on 4 instances. How is that possible? Also how can one associate the address with genkey?

Appreciate your help. Thanks.

crafty (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 111

Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:35:34 PM

Bumping up in the hope of getting a reply. Does it keep generating key for the same addresses over and over again or is it one per address? Since this is not adding up as I have only 3 addresses in a wallet and I got different key every time I ran that command.

larsen161

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:10:19 AM

I was just trying to find info on this now too. Curious to know why it's creating a new value every time it's ran
devesh.g

Activity: 71

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:48:46 AM

Another bump, Even I can't figure this one out! Lol
Rune
Legendary

Activity: 1229
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 07:23:34 AM

Same problem googled it took me here no answer how exactly does Masternode genkey work can i just generate many of these and use anyone for any node?
OR is each key in some way connected with the coins used in collateral because if its just some random identifier whats stopping anyone from using other peoples coins for there own masternode.
ricketybit

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 03, 2019, 09:29:35 AM

Same problem googled it took me here no answer how exactly does Masternode genkey work can i just generate many of these and use anyone for any node?
OR is each key in some way connected with the coins used in collateral because if its just some random identifier whats stopping anyone from using other peoples coins for there own masternode.

masternode genkey is similar to generating a normal keypair (i.e. getnewaddress, dumpprivkey) which you can also run multiple times and get multiple results. The different is the masternode keypair has a different purpose: can't spend, can only control the masternode. It's confusing because you don't see the other half of the key pair when you run masternode genkey. If someone gets the masternode key, all they can do it take control of the node (voting, payouts, etc), but the collateral is safe. Presumably, you'd notice the hijack and generate a new masternode keypair if that happened, which is why you are allowed to generate as many as you need.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: