Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:01:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Microcenter and pricing  (Read 197 times)
BTC22 (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:59:09 AM

Does anyone if MC is "allowed" to not sell at MSRP? I just got back and they have jacked up prices tremendously. RX 580 Saphires are $650. 1080 ti's are $1300. 1070 ti's are $940. Hell, 1060's are $600! I know it's the going rate, but from a retailer?
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:04:28 AM

Of course they're allowed. When you run a business, you set the price of the items you sell.
BTC22 (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:07:30 AM

Of course they're allowed. When you run a business, you set the price of the items you sell.

Not if you are buying direct from say ASUS. They have MAP pricing.
maciak

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:11:02 AM

Gigabyte had MAP pricing too, as I recall. Maybe try buying Palit videocards? They are definitely cheaper and don't have MAP...
VyprBTC

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:13:38 AM

MAP is the MINIMUM that you can advertise the price for to protect people from backdooring and driving prices down. They don't give a flying fuck if you sell it for $5,000, but if you ADVERTISE IT below what they tell you is allowed, they pull your seller status.

And that's why you see sites saying "Add to cart to see price" - because it's a way around MAP - MAP was $400, they want to sell at $350, they can't advertise it @ $350, so they say add it to your cart so you can see the price.
BTC22 (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:15:23 AM

LMFAO do you even know what MAP pricing is? It's the MINIMUM that you can advertise the price for to protect people from backdooring and driving prices down. They don't give a flying fuck if you sell it for $5,000, but if you ADVERTISE IT below what they tell you is allowed, they pull your seller status.

And that's why you see sites saying "Add to cart to see price" - because it's a way around MAP.

Do you know what MAP is? It's the price you HAVE to sell at dumbass. Yes, you can sell it less by using "add it to your cart", but they also can pull those products from your store if they wanted to.
VyprBTC

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:16:18 AM

LMFAO do you even know what MAP pricing is? It's the MINIMUM that you can advertise the price for to protect people from backdooring and driving prices down. They don't give a flying fuck if you sell it for $5,000, but if you ADVERTISE IT below what they tell you is allowed, they pull your seller status.

And that's why you see sites saying "Add to cart to see price" - because it's a way around MAP.

Do you know what MAP is? It's the price you HAVE to sell at dumbass. Yes, you can sell it less by using "add it to your cart", but they also can pull those products from your store if they wanted to.

Yes cupcake, I know what MAP is. You on the other hand, are VERY ... VERY confused.
BTC22 (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:18:02 AM

Its your clear you don't, but hey, thanks for adding a childish comment to adult conversation.
Yes cupcake, I know what MAP is.
VyprBTC

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:22:03 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2018, 03:37:27 AM by VyprBTC

Its your clear you don't, but hey, thanks for adding a childish comment to adult conversation.
Yes cupcake, I know what MAP is.

I suggest you not only go look up what MAP is, but try to comprehend what it is as well princess.
Digital Drug Lord

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:26:36 AM

Does anyone if MC is "allowed" to not sell at MSRP? I just got back and they have jacked up prices tremendously. RX 580 Saphires are $650. 1080 ti's are $1300. 1070 ti's are $940. Hell, 1060's are $600! I know it's the going rate, but from a retailer?

its just barbaric times we live in, to many savages looking for video cards.

cant buy used these days,  cards been beat to shit.

microcenter wont sell warranties on the video cards.  We have reached the point where, for a new person coming in the game, its just not worth it. think about it

1 1080ti will make you 5-6 dollars a day, and look at the price, really? add 2 now... what if one breaks? then what, good luck finding another one. $940 for 1 1070, that I have, its made me chump change, nothing to talk about. I would hate to have to drop $1000 on a video card. Im wearing the shit out for what? $5 a day?

you need like 4 or 5 video cards and look at the price, its just not worth it. unless you have money to pay these prices.
whoismoses

Activity: 247
Merit: 59

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:26:04 AM

I don't like the new pricing model, but it is what it is. Today I returned unopened cpu, motherboard, and ram that I bought last week there so I could get a gpu. My microcenter had a ton of GPUs. I ask the manager about the policy and he said the BYO thing would go away in March, but one gpu per household will stay for a long time. I asked him, well I see your strategy is keeping cards in stock. He said, yea, it's great. I said, well not really. Where are all the gamers? No one will buy gpus here with this BYO pricing. I openly told him I returned hardware to just buy it again. They won't let you return the stuff you buy with a gpu on BYO pricing, which is fine I guess.
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:40:21 AM

They can sell for whatever the market can handle.  Price is not regulated on consumer electronics.  Some places however will respect the MSRP, it's up to the retailer.  Sometimes there is an agreement between the manufacturer and the retailer to keep the price at MSRP, like Apple does with most of their products. 
whoismoses

Activity: 247
Merit: 59

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:44:11 AM

They can sell for whatever the market can handle.

Yea, but i don't think the market can handle these prices. I'm a gamer and a miner. I upgrade my GPU for gaming about once a year. I haven't upgraded my cpu, memory, motherboard is almost 3 years.

This policy hurts gamers even more.

But we will see if gamers / miners do buy at these prices. The only people this is helping is Microcenter (if they sell anything) and the people who sell brand new cards on craigslist. The craigslist people now have better prices than Microcenter.
VyprBTC

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:59:18 AM

ROTFLMFAO - I see OP was changed. Too bad I didn't quote that retarded shit as well.

But getting back to this new altered post - just like you need to go read up on MAP, please go read up on MSRP as well. MSRP is exactly as the name suggests, it's M.S. fucking R.P.

I learned the hard way when I had my distributor license yanked from EoTech about 15 years ago for about 2 months from a sale I was running in one of my brick and mortar shops. Surefire, Trij, Glock are a couple that are super Nazi with their MAP enforcement. I knew I wasn't supposed to... just didn't think they'd be so quick to enforce.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: