Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 02:12:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What actually determines the value of a Bitcoin?  (Read 151 times)
tacitinc (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:20:14 AM

Whenever I am in discussions with friends or family irl, inevitably the question of "so what gives these things their actual value?" comes up, and I am unable to answer with a straight face  Roll Eyes

So, what actually gives bitcoin its value, and how does it relate to traditional stocks when buying/selling/trading/ etc?

I understand that in a contingent fiat based currency such as the USD, backed only by the faith people have in it, and how many other notes are currently in circulation. Will bitcoin eventually reach a point where tactics such as Quantitative Easing are employed in order to keep the whole thing from collapsing in on itself like a dying star?

tacitinc (OP)

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:32:02 PM

Huh
ParveZ219

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:19:46 PM

Traders with bank accounts in our supported countries can trade Bitcoin , which sets the specific price at a specific time for a specific market.

Put simply, it is the ongoing interaction between buyers and sellers trading with each other that determines the specific price of Bitcoin (and everything else).   

However, when determining price, one must also consider the amount that buyers are currently willing to pay for the future value of a specific item. In other words, if the market believes the price of something --like property, a certain stock or Bitcoin-- will increase in the future, they are more likely to pay more for it now.
Some of the instances where Bitcoin currently has utility was mentioned above, but since Bitcoin is an evolving and improving technology, many are optimistic that there are many other use cases to come. Some, perhaps, that we haven’t even thought of yet.
Shakiramae

Activity: 91

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:46:07 PM

The value of bitcoin in my opinion is vague. I mean to say is how can you give valueto something that is superficial ? But if we really indeed curiousto know the value of bitcoin, I think we should know the determinants. First is the worth of cryptocurrency. It changes from time to time and it correlates with the second factor which is the user itself. Based on my u.derstanding it really affects the value of bitcoin system.

AltcoinAuthority

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:54:10 PM

Whenever I am in discussions with friends or family irl, inevitably the question of "so what gives these things their actual value?" comes up, and I am unable to answer with a straight face  Roll Eyes

So, what actually gives bitcoin its value, and how does it relate to traditional stocks when buying/selling/trading/ etc?

I understand that in a contingent fiat based currency such as the USD, backed only by the faith people have in it, and how many other notes are currently in circulation. Will bitcoin eventually reach a point where tactics such as Quantitative Easing are employed in order to keep the whole thing from collapsing in on itself like a dying star?

The price is determined by the number of people that place Bitcoins on the market, if there is no coins on the market then there will be higher prices.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
arrmia11

Activity: 406
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:04:38 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2018, 01:28:08 AM by arrmia11

The value of bitcoin determines when there are more people who invest in bitcoin and later on holding it until it reach the high value of bitcoin. But we cannot be accurately be sure of that since we have no control of the value of bitcoin. We must keep holding until the price satisfies us already.

nightmanisrightman

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:06:19 AM

Free markets decide the value of Bitcoin and nobody else. Of course the price is influenced by media, sentiment, and a myriad of other factors but the main portion of it is supply and demand law.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram       Medium       Facebook       Twitter       Github
1legalco

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:10:18 AM

Well 1% of wallets own 99% of bitcoin

So TPTB in bitcoin control it

The market understands this now, so the market is now crashing the coin and the whales are trying to save it

But nothing will erase that fact it is completely centralized in the wallets of the 1% that own 99%

So VC investors are now dumping it and I've seen new forecasts it's sub 1K soon

I think many crypto projects are great including BTC and ETH here's $3000 FREE CRYPTO https://fracti.org (https://fracti.org)
hgkcoin

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:40:59 AM

The value of bitcoin lies in its technology, but its technology has not been exploited for the time being. As an investment, what we really need is the people's attention to it. When the focus arises, people will hold it, and the free market will be regulated and the price will fluctuate.
shaheer001

Activity: 1274
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 03:50:35 AM

Actually in this world simply one rule is applied on purchasing,trading or business. the Business,trading coin/currency or the demand of any useful thing start increasing when there are huge buyer,traders or sellers. so Bitcoin has huge community which is increasing every moment and in this way demand and circulation supply directly effect on Bitcoin price.and afterward when large number of Bitcoin holder hodl it and huge number of buyer want to buy it then the price automatically shoot up.

Hero44

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:11:37 AM

What actually determined the value of bitcoin is us the owners, traders and buyers of bitcoin. In the crypto market and any other market the law of demand and supply determines the value of that goods. Here demand and supply determines the value of bitcoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: