Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:28:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you believe people were duped by Butterfly Labs?
Yes
No

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BF Labs Inc. caught red-handed lying!  (Read 7305 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 02:09:57 AM

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/255-thursday-july-25-2013-shipping-update.html

by BFL_Jody  , 07-25-2013 at 07:51 PM (4819 Views)

We are no longer taking pre-orders. Since we have fully-tested products, we are taking ORDERS.

Three weeks later, guess what? Can you spell Monarch?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 02:16:13 AM

It's almost like they announced a new product line or something. Wild!

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 02:25:42 AM

I'm considering you for ignore list. What you say is true, but we already know BFL is scum. You making another thread about it every 36 hours doesn't help anything.

And do you really not have anything better to do?

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 03:13:58 AM

I'm considering you for ignore list. What you say is true, but we already know BFL is scum. You making another thread about it every 36 hours doesn't help anything.

It's been too hot to steal barn wood--according to Josh's claims--at night, thus this. Did you know that there are some people on this forum that only recently learnt about Sonny Vleisides? Amazing, ain't it?

Feel free to ignore me. FYI, I have nobody on my ignore list, nor never will, but...and it's a big but...if I were to consider anybody to be put on such a list, I wouldn't threaten them first--I would just do it.

BTW, my ignore turned orange during the Bitcoinica episodes of which I was out $20K indirectly, and a guy here in Sandwich, IL, is out $10K directly, thanks to me introducing him to Bitcoin. Currently, I'm out over $100K with InstaWallet. There is tens of millions at stake with BFL. (There are people here in Sandwich that honestly believe that I'm one of the main guys behind Bitcoin, of which I find odd given that I honestly didn't even know what screen Josh was in reference to in his infamous November, 2012, post until last night.)

At one time, being ignored bothered me. But not anymore.

Reading a small handful of your posts, I see that you're a good guy, thus now apologizing if my actions bother you. Unfortunately, there's a helluva lot at stake here.

Later, bud. (signed with such when I don't have the red-ass toward whom I'm addressing)

Bruno Kucinskas
lucasjkr

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 03:18:02 AM

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/255-thursday-july-25-2013-shipping-update.html

We are no longer taking pre-orders. Since we have fully-tested products, we are taking ORDERS.

I'm not going to threaten ignores or insult, but three weeks ago, Jody was referring to their product line as it stood then. They then announced a new product, of which, yes, they are taking pre-orders. Just like nearly every other ASIC producer out there. That's not a lie, and not at all shocking, despite the headline you chose to give it.

More appropriate headline would have been far less sensationalistic "BFL accepting pre-orders on newly designed product". But then, there are already several threads about the Monarch.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 03:21:57 AM

by BFL_Jody  , 07-25-2013 at 07:51 PM (4819 Views)

I'm not going to threaten ignores or insult, but three weeks ago, Jody was referring to their product line as it stood then. They then announced a new product, of which, yes, they are taking pre-orders. Just like nearly every other ASIC producer out there. That's not a lie, and not at all shocking, despite the headline you chose to give it.

More appropriate headline would have been far less sensationalistic "BFL accepting pre-orders on newly designed product". But then, there are already several threads about the Monarch.

I have no idea of what you're in reference to, for it seems to me to be a standalone statement.

Here's the complete text: (formated poorly)

BFL_Jody
Thursday, July 25, 2013 Shipping Update
Rating: 10 votes, 2.00 average.
70 Comments
by BFL_Jody  , 07-25-2013 at 07:51 PM (4826 Views)
Jalapenos shipping through November 9 paydate

Little Singles: none shipped today (today I should be a coward and turn off comments, because although it's not my fault they haven't made Little Single boards, you will pummel me with your comments for it.) Little Singles are still ahead of Singles and MiniRigs, though.

Singles: It seems we have only 4 more orders left for June 23, but still no PSU's so I can't ship those orders yet. So we shipped orders from June 23 and June 24, 2012 which were able to accept units without PSU's. Thanks again for emailing your willingness to accept units without PSU's. It makes sending orders to production so much faster. I don't answer those emails--I archive them in a folder for reference as I'm sending the orders. If your order comes up and I don't see an email from you about the PSU's I will email you, so don't worry about whether I got it.

MiniRigs from June 23 shipped.

Response to Comments:

I did not hire Josh and I do not work for Josh. We are equals in he company even though he is way smarter than I am (in some things). Did you know he can speak Korean and can make BTC Miners light up like toys?

I am asking about the BitSafe wallet myself. Thank God we don't have pre-orders for those.
lucasjkr

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 03:27:36 AM

I have no idea of what you're in reference to, for it seems to me to be a standalone statement.

BFL_Jody
70 Comments
by BFL_Jody  , 07-25-2013 at 07:51 PM (4826 Views)

Little Singles: none shipped today (today I should be a coward and turn off comments, because although it's not my fault they haven't made Little Single boards, you will pummel me with your comments for it.) Little Singles are still ahead of Singles and MiniRigs, though.

Singles: It seems we have only 4 more orders left for June 23, but still no PSU's so I can't ship those orders yet. So we shipped orders from June 23 and June 24, 2012 which were able to accept units without PSU's. Thanks again for emailing your willingness to accept units without PSU's. It makes sending orders to production so much faster. I don't answer those emails--I archive them in a folder for reference as I'm sending the orders. If your order comes up and I don't see an email from you about the PSU's I will email you, so don't worry about whether I got it.

Response to Comments:

I did not hire Josh and I do not work for Josh. We are equals in he company even though he is way smarter than I am (in some things). Did you know he can speak Korean and can make BTC Miners light up like toys?

I am asking about the BitSafe wallet myself. Thank God we don't have pre-orders for those.

Yes, at that point in time, she was clearly referring to Jalapeno's, LIttle Singles, Singles and Mini-Rigs. Monarch was not announced yet.

Preorder means ordering something that does not yet exist. The first four do exist. They're shipping (not as fast as people would like, but it can't be denied that they're shipping), hence people sending money for those are making orders.

Two or three weeks later, they announced the Monarch. A product which is not shipping yet, but for which you can send money to get in line for when they do ship (pre-orders).

Seems clear. She was just referring to the status of BFL at that point in time, and that point in time only.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 03:29:12 AM

Speaking of BitSafe, take a look at this shit!

This is a fantastic project for the bitcoin community and BFL would love to contribute to it.  Perhaps we can leverage our volume production capability to make these cheap enough to help spread bitcoin to the fringe interest crowd.  In the meantime, if we can help with the development by providing resources, please let us know.

Josh was seriously considering this product to BFL's already cramp production line. Can you imagine how far behind they would be if they fid get such a contract? Or did they?
lucasjkr

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 03:39:01 AM

Speaking of BitSafe, take a look at this shit!

This is a fantastic project for the bitcoin community and BFL would love to contribute to it.  Perhaps we can leverage our volume production capability to make these cheap enough to help spread bitcoin to the fringe interest crowd.  In the meantime, if we can help with the development by providing resources, please let us know.

Josh was seriously considering this product to BFL's already cramp production line. Can you imagine how far behind they would be if they fid get such a contract? Or did they?

I imagine for Monarch's they'll drop the idea of doing in-house assembly. Instead, they'll get fully assembled products shipped in from China and avoid the production woes that they've been facing...

Of course, I'm of the camp that BFL is simply a victim of it's own success. They announced ASICs, sold faaaaar more than they ever imagined, then took quite a bit longer to get the chip up to par than they had planned, and have since (obviously) been struggling to catch up with a massive glut of orders.

Similarly for Bitsafe -  they do have manufacturing relationships. They could easily contract out production and ship finished product without impacting their miner production at all - production (the people assembling units, soldering chips, etc) is separate from shipping after all.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 03:40:44 AM

It's been too hot to steal barn wood--according to Josh's claims--at night, thus this. Did you know that there are some people on this forum that only recently learnt about Sonny Vleisides? Amazing, ain't it?

Feel free to ignore me. FYI, I have nobody on my ignore list, nor never will, but...and it's a big but...if I were to consider anybody to be put on such a list, I wouldn't threaten them first--I would just do it.

BTW, my ignore turned orange during the Bitcoinica episodes of which I was out $20K indirectly, and a guy here in Sandwich, IL, is out $10K directly, thanks to me introducing him to Bitcoin. Currently, I'm out over $100K with InstaWallet. There is tens of millions at stake with BFL. (There are people here in Sandwich that honestly believe that I'm one of the main guys behind Bitcoin, of which I find odd given that I honestly didn't even know what screen Josh was in reference to in his infamous November, 2012, post until last night.)

At one time, being ignored bothered me. But not anymore.

Reading a small handful of your posts, I see that you're a good guy, thus now apologizing if my actions bother you. Unfortunately, there's a helluva lot at stake here.

Later, bud. (signed with such when I don't have the red-ass toward whom I'm addressing)

Bruno Kucinskas

I agree with everything you're saying, but I'm politely pointing out the volume of your threads could be considered spam. For every 1 of me who bothers to post that, there are probably 10 others eyeing the button.

tldr: is there a more constructive way to 'update' us of findings, or even should these be going direct to scam accusations?

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 03:43:07 AM

BFL_Jody
70 Comments

Response to Comments:

Yes, at that point in time, she was clearly referring to Jalapeno's, LIttle Singles, Singles and Mini-Rigs. Monarch was not announced yet.

Preorder means ordering something that does not yet exist. The first four do exist. They're shipping (not as fast as people would like, but it can't be denied that they're shipping), hence people sending money for those are making orders.

Two or three weeks later, they announced the Monarch. A product which is not shipping yet, but for which you can send money to get in line for when they do ship (pre-orders).

Seems clear. She was just referring to the status of BFL at that point in time, and that point in time only.

Lucas, your argument is sound and well-crafted.

In reference to your last sentence, for the past ~10 months, I've been asking Josh about the FCC cert. process. All the questions I've ever asked were relatively clear, but the one time I reword the question incorrectly, Josh addresses the screen aspect with a link to a Nexus 7 approval PDF on the FCC site. He knew full well what I, among others asking, was in reference to, yet opted to take advantage of the situation.

I, and over a dozen of us (secretly), are now on a mission to bring these motherfuckers down. ANYBODY, still having an order late in the queue position best do your best to get your money out ASAP.

I promise, folks, it's about to get ugly. And there's only one way to stop me. I live at...

Bruno Kucinskas
406 W. Center St.
Sandwich, IL  60548

815-508-1668

GAME ON!
joshv06

Activity: 991

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 03:56:55 AM

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/310-monday-august-26-2013-shipping-upgrade.html

They're at July 15 now. I'm finally getting my SC's. Not defending them in any way, just fucking finally.

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 04:06:07 AM

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/310-monday-august-26-2013-shipping-upgrade.html

They're at July 15 now. I'm finally getting my SC's. Not defending them in any way, just fucking finally.

We at Camp Lugan look forward to you joining us once you have your precious in hand.
joshv06

Activity: 991

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 04:11:18 AM

We at Camp Lugan look forward to you joining us once you have your precious in hand.

Yes indeed. To everyone else with backlocked Single and MR orders, godspeed. I hope BFL really picks up the slack.

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 04:56:09 AM

Yes indeed. To everyone else with backlocked Single and MR orders, godspeed. I hope BFL really picks up the slack.

They have, until they hit the March/April, 2013, pre-order wall, then we're back to the same...

BUT WORSE!
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 07:40:31 AM

There is raging in the BFL forums:

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/monarch-discussion/4554-bull-sh.html

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/monarch-discussion/4507-wow-depressing.html

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/monarch-discussion/4470-recommendation-not-buy-no-roi-according-calculators-no-profit-can-made-5.html
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 08:59:51 AM

That would explain why Josh is over here. He opted for the monumental assholes oppose to the colossal idiots who were kind enough to order what they thought were the first batch of Monarchs.
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 12:44:02 PM

They meant that they are no longer taking preorders for their 65nm design. It'd be like Rockstar releasing GTA5 on September (17th? 27th?) and saying they are no longer taking preorders, and then everyone screaming bloody murder when they take preorders later for GTA6.

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3073

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 02:05:56 PM

if I were to consider anybody to be put on such a list, I wouldn't threaten them first--I would just do it.

I never miss a chance to say this: I think it's counter productive, as you have to look at the red hot Ignored posters and say "are they really worthy of ignoring? Are they getting trolled with lots of undeserved ignores?". It doesn't help when some people with long time pulsating Ignore buttons spend a lot of effort to become trusted again, only to spend their trust on playing trollish games again.

Simple troll repellent mechanism: ignore posts, not posters. Pressing ignore just encourages more gamesmanship.

Vires in numeris
reactor

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 03:37:00 PM

BFL_Jody
70 Comments

Response to Comments:

Lucas, your argument is sound and well-crafted.

In reference to your last sentence, for the past ~10 months, I've been asking Josh about the FCC cert. process. All the questions I've ever asked were relatively clear, but the one time I reword the question incorrectly, Josh addresses the screen aspect with a link to a Nexus 7 approval PDF on the FCC site. He knew full well what I, among others asking, was in reference to, yet opted to take advantage of the situation.

I, and over a dozen of us (secretly), are now on a mission to bring these motherfuckers down. ANYBODY, still having an order late in the queue position best do your best to get your money out ASAP.

I promise, folks, it's about to get ugly. And there's only one way to stop me. I live at...

Bruno Kucinskas
406 W. Center St.
Sandwich, IL  60548

815-508-1668

GAME ON!

To me this says you are the asshole.  Why go after a company before they can provide products to the other customers that ordered?  If your crusade manages to damage their operation before I and the folks who ordered around me are able to receive our hardware, that makes you the POS who kept whining until the company had to respond.

Go grab a posterboard and picket their operation if it is so important to you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: