Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 10:18:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much have you lost for bitcoin just because of stupid  (Read 213 times)
trangoccho (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:27:30 AM

Have you ever wondered how much money you lost bitcoin just because of your ignorance? This is not a paradise for the poor, but the place to bury the body for those who do not learn but want to get rich. Make a one-time inventory of where you are distributing your assets and give the right direction for your next plan, especially when the pre-coding market is in turmoil.
metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:05:22 AM

I dont really lose money for bitcoin because most of my income now was coming for cryptocurrencies itself, not to mention most of us here were doing our homework researching about ICOs and info about which coin was a good choice to invest in and also there are lots of bounty hunter.  Grin Grin Nevertheless, if you're investing your money in something you dont even know or aware about then there is a definite chance that you will lose money and it didn't happen only in bitcoin but in every investment you make. There are no stupid people in my opinion, but ignorance that lead to calculated loss
Masonwilliam

Activity: 27
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:07:23 AM

I had been hodling my BTC since I bought in at $24 per back in 2013. No selling off, no weak hands. Buying in was just a very lucky move rather than any great insight.

However, six weeks ago at the beginning of November I was seduced by the talk and the prevailing sentiment of a coming "flippening" over on r/btc. Consequently, when the price of Bitcoin began to drop, I was foolish enough to believe that the r/btc guys might be correct -- that the future would be Bcash and that legacy Bitcoin was heading into a death spiral. I sold all my Bitcoin at $5,600, and bought Bcash at $2,400. Double whammied.

I have decimated my assets by a very considerable amount by listening to a bunch of shills and fools -- some of whom I now realize to have had a devious agenda. I am now preparing to sell this Bcash at $1440 and buying back into the real Bitcoin at $12,500. I cannot believe that I have been such a clown, and am feeling quite butthurt about my idiocy. I have destroyed my wealth by listening to fools.

I post this only as a cautionary tale to anyone else who might be duped and deluded by the counsel and "advice" over at that toxic dump that is r/btc.
Lintel

Activity: 638
Merit: 300

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:20:47 AM

Have you ever wondered how much money you lost bitcoin just because of your ignorance? This is not a paradise for the poor, but the place to bury the body for those who do not learn but want to get rich. Make a one-time inventory of where you are distributing your assets and give the right direction for your next plan, especially when the pre-coding market is in turmoil.

I don't lose money in here but rather I have earned money from here. I don't really invest in here from my pocket or hard earned money from my job but rather all the money that I am.using in here , came also from cyrptocurrency. I joined airdrops, bounty campaigns, social media campaigns to earn money and  some I used to buy coins in which I believe it will rise in the future. So no losing money at all.
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:21:16 AM

I have not lost much, just about $200 which I lost to Ponzi scheme despite glaring signs and about $50 to an ICO. I think the experience has made my judgement better in avoiding all sorts of pump and dump strategy employed by the whales and those using ICOs to defraud people.
Sky5678

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:24:21 AM

我觉得这是很好的投资
Arsenio Aileen

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:33:04 AM

i guess
i made mistake,  bought my  first stellar at $69,90 usd for 100 stellar. But now  stellar in $61,77 for 100.
Because, i think it was cheapest than another coin...

cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:06:56 AM

I have not really loose any amount from my pocket to bitcoin rather all the money I lost in the past was still from bitcoin itself, like joining a campaign without inputting my correct bitcoin wallet and my payment being send to the wrong wallet. And another one was me sending bitcoin to a buyer online and after all he scam me that was then as a newbie but now am earning bitcoin and no more lost for me.
jona

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:18:09 AM

I have actually lost my Bitcoin to Ponzi scheme programs,it is  very painful for losing 1 btc to a program worth not losing money for.This was out of ignorance,you can imagine what would have become of that 1 btc. Ignorance is a disease. 
izosimpo

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:21:47 AM

I had been providing online services since 2010. If I would have taken Bitcoins as payment and not spent them, I would have been a billionaire.
quocsi

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:37:41 AM

Yes, I think bitcoin is not really for the poor because the money invested in it is huge. I do not think the poor enough to invest. After a recent reduction I lost a bitcoin when it dropped below 10,000 usd. That's not a small amount of money for me

Sasuke102001

Activity: 280
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:40:29 AM

If you wanna know how much I lost just by ignoring bitcoin then the answer is definitely, a lot. At the start when bitcoin was just introduced many didn't believe in it and I was one of them, if I had believed in it I would have made a lot of money till date. When talking about stupidity I had lost 150$ in gambling some months ago. Although the gambled money was not money which I had invested from my own pocket so, I didn't that bad about it ( It still hurts losing 150$ xD).
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:48:45 AM

I didn't lost anything yet by investing through bitcoin moreover I made my life better through bitcoin earnings.But most of the new investors(who invested in late 2017) will be suffering now due to huge price fall.So most of them were looks stupid in my view because they regret to invest on when it is available under $1000 so karma taught them a lesson.
But none of them lose their investment until they sell it,so it is better to keep your bitcoins for some months,I can assure you the bitcoin price will bump back sooner or late at the late 2018 like what happened in 2017.
xiaozhang11

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:53:59 AM

I didn't lose, and since I bought bitcoin at $9,000, I decided that I had to be patient with bitcoin.
I didn't sell it when it reached $20,000, and now it's only $11,000, and I'm not going to sell it, and I'm going to keep it for a long time.
derago21

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

Crypto Enthusiast!

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:55:42 AM

I have not lost much due to stupidity, But most of my BTC goes in transaction fee from my local exchanger to foreign exchanger. It drives me Crazy!
jpespa

Activity: 294
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:10:24 AM

I lost some money before through hyip sites. That's the reason before why I don't believe much on bitcoin. But now I am earning now without taking out money from my own wallet thanks to the opportunity in this forum. Not only you are helping a campaign but you are also helping yourself .

afanase

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:14:05 AM

I was offered 20 Bitcoins per month in 2011 for online reputation management of a company. The deal was for 6 months and I asked for cash. So I lost about $1200000 at current levels.
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:15:50 AM

I had been hodling my BTC since I bought in at $24 per back in 2013. No selling off, no weak hands. Buying in was just a very lucky move rather than any great insight.

However, six weeks ago at the beginning of November I was seduced by the talk and the prevailing sentiment of a coming "flippening" over on r/btc. Consequently, when the price of Bitcoin began to drop, I was foolish enough to believe that the r/btc guys might be correct -- that the future would be Bcash and that legacy Bitcoin was heading into a death spiral. I sold all my Bitcoin at $5,600, and bought Bcash at $2,400. Double whammied.

I have decimated my assets by a very considerable amount by listening to a bunch of shills and fools -- some of whom I now realize to have had a devious agenda. I am now preparing to sell this Bcash at $1440 and buying back into the real Bitcoin at $12,500. I cannot believe that I have been such a clown, and am feeling quite butthurt about my idiocy. I have destroyed my wealth by listening to fools.

I post this only as a cautionary tale to anyone else who might be duped and deluded by the counsel and "advice" over at that toxic dump that is r/btc.
BitcoinCash cheated with all of users and sayed that their Bitcoin is one real Bitcoin. So this is not your fault that you bought it.
hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 09:42:22 AM

In my trading career I have lost bitcoins many times and especially it was in my starting days of trading. Sometimes it was due to ignorance or confusion and few times it was due to lack of knowledge and confidence in myself. I would like to explain in detail, at starting when I used to trade bitcoin I didn't make any trade plan nor did I make any trade journal and because of that I could not manage my trade's well and by this way, I have lost ton's of bitcoin at those starting days. Sometime's I feel lucky that I have learned to trade at those starting days because right now you can't do this mistakes and lose the same amount of bitcoins now because the BTC value is right now 100x times higher than of starting days.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
dongosquad

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:45:48 AM

Well, this is a very valuable experience. I once lost about one BTC (at that time it cost less than 1000 $). It was the first time I learned to trade, I did not understand the market and my analytical techniques are still very poor, and easily affected. So I lost and decided to quit. It was an experience I could not forget, and that was the best lesson I could get. From that I learned to be patient and try to improve the analysis, while joining the bounty project to raise capital again.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: