Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:48:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Endorsed By John  (Read 84 times)
iamTom123 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:49:32 AM

I am also into investing with some new ICO projects now which I think have more chances to make it especially in the long run. With ICOs, it is as if we are granted the privilege of being there when the project just started (though this is not the same as buying IPO with corporations). Of course, we all know that there are always risks here and that is what we should minimize with doing our own research and maybe also listening to what others might say.

Right now, one of the most popular and influential ICO or project endorsers is John McAfee...do you always value his own endorsement or just like anything you take his words still with some grain of salt?
iluvbtc

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:54:16 AM

I am also into investing with some new ICO projects now which I think have more chances to make it especially in the long run. With ICOs, it is as if we are granted the privilege of being there when the project just started (though this is not the same as buying IPO with corporations). Of course, we all know that there are always risks here and that is what we should minimize with doing our own research and maybe also listening to what others might say.

Right now, one of the most popular and influential ICO or project endorsers is John McAfee...do you always value his own endorsement or just like anything you take his words still with some grain of salt?

To me, he generally seems like a straight shooter. Obviously very smart guy, and a bit eccentric. However, when a man discovers their words can move markets, it must be a very tempting thing to abuse, so I am cautious with him.
aliman00

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:58:30 AM

I would be very careful with taking anyone's advice blindly. Be careful with everything. Do you own research and invest with your head and not your feelings.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 06:09:45 AM

John McAffee is currently one of the most influential person in the crypto world. If he endorses a certain coin, then that coin surely bumps up. So following him for quick short term profits is a good idea. But for the long term, that's another story. I wouldn't trust him for long term projects. He is known to endorse coins by taking Bitcoin as his fees. For long term projects, I mainly go with Cointelegram, Bitcointalk thread of that particular project and my own research by reading whitepaper, MVP etc.

anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:25:40 AM

I have long known john mcafee with his antivirus, but when he predicts bitcoin will reach $500k by the end of 2020 and $5000 by the end of 2017. https://mobile.twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/935900326007328768
Since that his name continues to skyrocket in the world of crypto. I also appreciate and always support every project.

See hacken, now it has exceeded ico price and now i am waiting for latium to immediately listed in exchanges.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:28:27 AM

I would not take his advice blindly. You should always DYOR and stick with project that you prefer rather than one being promoted by John McAfee. I think he is just getting paid by them and promoting whoever pays him to promote their project. Does not mean they will do good once launched. His prediction has been hit or miss, so, ICO will follow the same trend.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:36:19 AM

The thing is, in as much as he has  quite an influence on some ICOs, I wouldn't want to fully involve in an ICO just because John McAffee endorsed or recommend it. Apart been an investor, the guy is also a businessman and he might be making his own share if the ICO goes as plan (just saying). I will simply make my own research about the ICO he recommends and if it is what I like, I put my money in it but if not, I simply ignore.
borulce

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:37:08 AM

I personally that he is %50 pr guy and %50 wise. I think he basically endorses coins he likes and prefers. Many people started to lose their trust but I am sure his suggestions are going to work %75-80.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: