Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:26:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: gpu not detected on msi mobo widows 10  (Read 115 times)
cryptosurf (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:02:23 AM

I'm running latest version of windows 10 and had a msi z270 sli plus and can't seem to get the motherboard or windows to detect a gpu.   The bios nor window sees it plugged in.  I have a 850 watt psu and a Celeron processor.  I have tried 3 different 1060 gpu's.  I tried another z270 sli and even now trying a msi b250m pro v.   I'm missing something and I've tried to follow some builds and diy's but I'm stumped.  I also have ddr4 4g and an m2  around 500g.  Any tips on a how to video for dummies?  I tried to use Rufus to flash window ten with got partition for uefi.  I  could get as for as click on disc button to select a bootable image or unchecking it. I did uncheck and save to usb but not able to execute it or figure how to use it too reboot. 
Sorry I'm a total tool with zero pc skills and a newbie to boot!
thanks
Ben
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:47:35 AM

I'm running latest version of windows 10 and had a msi z270 sli plus and can't seem to get the motherboard or windows to detect a gpu.   The bios nor window sees it plugged in.  I have a 850 watt psu and a Celeron processor.  I have tried 3 different 1060 gpu's.  I tried another z270 sli and even now trying a msi b250m pro v.   I'm missing something and I've tried to follow some builds and diy's but I'm stumped.  I also have ddr4 4g and an m2  around 500g.  Any tips on a how to video for dummies?  I tried to use Rufus to flash window ten with got partition for uefi.  I  could get as for as click on disc button to select a bootable image or unchecking it. I did uncheck and save to usb but not able to execute it or figure how to use it too reboot. 
Sorry I'm a total tool with zero pc skills and a newbie to boot!
thanks
Ben

are you using Risers for the GPU? or directly installed to mobo? try to directly install into mobo, ensure that you have properly plugged the PSU PCIe cable to your GPU, check also your Bios, it should detect your GPU from there.
cryptosurf (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:50:49 AM

I have risers but tried directly into mobo as well.  In bios still nothing. I've checked connectors and have tried with 2 different psu's.  Could it be a problem with my new Celeron cpu? That is only part I haven't replaced. Lol!  I think I'm missing something windows related but it was still not detecting bios before I installed windows.  also the ddr4 4gb ballistic hasn't been changed.  sorry if I'm using wrong terminology I'm just excited to be involved.
leonix007

Grow with community

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:19:50 AM

I have risers but tried directly into mobo as well.  In bios still nothing. I've checked connectors and have tried with 2 different psu's.  Could it be a problem with my new Celeron cpu? That is only part I haven't replaced. Lol!  I think I'm missing something windows related but it was still not detecting bios before I installed windows.  also the ddr4 4gb ballistic hasn't been changed.  sorry if I'm using wrong terminology I'm just excited to be involved.

I am suspecting possible improper installation of GPU here, check your Bios setting, and Board Explorer from there you can check if there is a GPU installed and detected, otherwise check your GPU installation. basically, if its not seen in the BIOS it wont get to seen also in windows.
cryptosurf (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:36:08 AM

Yeah, I figured that was case. Im not seeing it in bios, board explorer no slot highlighted.  What is proper installation?  I am pulling tab back and rocking it in until clicks closed. It can only go in one way or it won't sit in slots so I don't have it backwards.  Too remove it I have to pull tab back. cards lights are on an fan is intermittent.  if I try with risers they also light up.  but I'm trying just one in slot. thank you for advice!
leonix007

Grow with community

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:31:01 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2018, 08:53:50 AM by leonix007

Yeah, I figured that was case. Im not seeing it in bios, board explorer no slot highlighted.  What is proper installation?  I am pulling tab back and rocking it in until clicks closed. It can only go in one way or it won't sit in slots so I don't have it backwards.  Too remove it I have to pull tab back. cards lights are on an fan is intermittent.  if I try with risers they also light up.  but I'm trying just one in slot. thank you for advice!

Seems there are other users with same scenario as yours.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3218700/gpu-detected-msi-board-explorer.html

check other PCI-e x16 slots if will detect in Explorer. you may also try flashing with newest Bios same as the user did in the link provided.

check also with CPU bent pins

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=287713.0

cryptosurf (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:58:26 AM

I had already flashed bios and switched motherboard twice for pin suspect, in process bending pins, Der Der Der.  I had also checked that same link in my quest,lol.  Maybe its my Celeron processor or the m.2 slot affecting something.  I spent about 24 hrs obsessing on it. Then my kid broke his arm at kindergarten today so I've taken a step back and I'll come at it fresh soon.  I also returned the second z270 sli I had tried and will move onto the original z270 sli plus when its repaired. In my confusion I put the cpu socket cover under the bracket and closed it bending pins, oops, it goes on top.  I also came across a link on altcoin forum for a 8gpu miner riserless and ordered it.  Im going to get a miner working even if I have to pull the last of my side hair out! 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: