Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 08:49:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Think Amazon will launch there own Cryptocurrency Exchange?  (Read 233 times)
Gabearoo (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:48:14 AM

This probably has been brought up before, but anyone think Amazon would launch there own Cryptocurrency exchange? Eventually there going to start taking cryptocurrency as a method of payment, why not also get into the exchange business as another revenue stream.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:53:36 AM
Merited by kryptqnick (1)

it is like asking why doesn't the barber shop fix my computer!!!

Amazon is not in the business of creating exchanges, and their business is not even remotely related to exchanges. so why would they want to get into this business out of nowhere?
and it is not like this is an easy thing to generate them a lot of profit! it has LOTS of problems including KYC/AML, taxes, fraud, competition, and also the fact that by the time they get into it people have already moved on to decentralized exchanges!

they may however end up creating their own coin (Amazon-coin) and add one more useless coin to the sea of altcoins.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
ohtmvhbli

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:00:15 AM

This probably has been brought up before, but anyone think Amazon would launch there own Cryptocurrency exchange? Eventually there going to start taking cryptocurrency as a method of payment, why not also get into the exchange business as another revenue stream.
Amazon has Amazon's business model. His main service is shopping. But does not rule out the future will be involved. It may also be the timing is not yet mature.
Oakey22

Activity: 488
Merit: 322

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:00:50 AM

it is like asking why doesn't the barber shop fix my computer!!!

Amazon is not in the business of creating exchanges, and their business is not even remotely related to exchanges. so why would they want to get into this business out of nowhere?
and it is not like this is an easy thing to generate them a lot of profit! it has LOTS of problems including KYC/AML, taxes, fraud, competition, and also the fact that by the time they get into it people have already moved on to decentralized exchanges!

they may however end up creating their own coin (Amazon-coin) and add one more useless coin to the sea of altcoins.

I have to agree with this, i believe they just registered the domains to protect their brand so that some chancer does not squat the domain name.

It is a lot for Amazon to start an exchange when they are used to selling goods and services, not crypto.
alex_kir

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:08:58 AM

I think that now it is very profitable, so I'm sure that Amazon will not miss this opportunity, so probably all the same he really will do it and most likely very soon, but I think there will be very serious verification and similar moments
Timeme

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:14:28 AM

First, why does amazon want to introduce a cryptocurrency?
Amazon is just a shopping platform, so it does not need to use the block chain technology, as a platform for shopping want to do is profitable, and presence of cryptocurrency does not bring any change to their original pattern, so I want to, they introduce cryptocurrency is not realistic.
henglibr
Copper Member

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:15:36 AM

I don't think they need that, so no.
thompshma

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:31:06 AM

Not this year.
They could use smart contracts though. Probably won't be adopted/implemented until 2019.
Rebdoomer

Activity: 100
Merit: 2

Buy Bitcoin

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:34:29 AM

Amazon would be more wealthy if they did this. That would connect the cryptocurrency world market into the Amazon store.
saiteja01

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:37:03 AM

Good to hear such type of news
AmericanBit

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:52:30 AM

Yes I think it is possible, why not. Most of big online services will launch their coins in nearest future I think.
nitrousteam

Activity: 154
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:59:38 AM

Yes I think it is possible, why not. Most of big online services will launch their coins in nearest future I think.

Amazon has secured 3 new domains at the end of last year: amazonethereum.com, amazoncryptocurrency.com, amazoncryptocurrencies.com.
Amazon already owns the "amazonbitcoin.com" domain name which is bought 3 years ago and now when clicked on it takes you directly to the Amazon official site.

Last year Amazon announced that they are supporting the Bitcoin and are working on the implementation of the crypto in their payment system. After that, the popularity of the Bitcoin grew into the air. It is interesting that the first domain that Amazon bought ( "amazonbitcoin.com" ) was before the 3 years. Already then they knew how much popularity the crypto market will achieve.

These newly secured domains are now in the stagnation process and I think that Amazon is already working on the preparations for their own coin. They are doing all the preparation that is needed for their future in the crypto market.

Future is coming and Amazon is doing everything to embrace that future!

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:14:43 AM

Amazon would not be setting up domain names like it has if it was only going to be accepting digital currency as a means of payment. I think the Amazon digital currency and cryptocurrency marketplace exchange is coming soon and I think it will do great things for both.
Thyaga

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:17:21 AM

it is Good if amazon make a exchange services but we need to know that make an exchange requires a expert developers team and also must do research first.
nioctiB#1

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:03:30 AM

I dont think that they will make their own cryptocurrency exchange and why would they do it? amazon is an online shop not an exchange expert so i think they will just focus on how they will improve their business. this is why i wont be shocked if they will make their own cryptocurrency since blockchain can help make a lot of improvements on their system or platform.
Phil_Bardsley

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:05:40 AM

Let me tell you something about Amazon, they are the best company in the world for the average buyer like you and me - who orders socks, tv's, games etc (because of their refund policy, fast shipping, wide selection and quality of products). However, they are the worst company in the world for sellers and suppliers. They will undercut their sellers if they find their suppliers and effectively drive them out of business.

Amazon will never accept payment like XLM, XRP whatever - they will create there own to fuel their own greed and funnel profits into themselves. And we all standby and watch it happen.
8count

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:19:25 AM

Let me tell you something about Amazon, they are the best company in the world for the average buyer like you and me - who orders socks, tv's, games etc (because of their refund policy, fast shipping, wide selection and quality of products). However, they are the worst company in the world for sellers and suppliers. They will undercut their sellers if they find their suppliers and effectively drive them out of business.

Amazon will never accept payment like XLM, XRP whatever - they will create there own to fuel their own greed and funnel profits into themselves. And we all standby and watch it happen.

I have to agree that they will make their own coin so they can take as much profit as possible. It makes perfect business sense to do it. As for them making a crypto exchange I don't think that would be in their business plan but hey you never know.
renes

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:32:54 AM

I don't think amazon will launch cryptocurrency exchange, there are already very powerful competitors but they will probably launch their cryptocurrency in the future like other companies in crypto.
Phil_Bardsley

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:52:15 AM

I have to agree that they will make their own coin so they can take as much profit as possible. It makes perfect business sense to do it. As for them making a crypto exchange I don't think that would be in their business plan but hey you never know.

They won't do an exchange. Why would they diversify that much? It makes no sense for them.

Be something like AMZ token or something. Exchange $100 and you may get $105 worth of tokens - just like a trade able gift card.
sebinator

Activity: 294
Merit: 113

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:04:00 AM

I think not an exchange but maybe an own cryptocurrency in the future. There are professional exchanges for beginner and pro trader, it will be hard for Amazon.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: