Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:31:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vital Facts and Figures about Merit Point System.(Answers to your Queries)  (Read 2405 times)
solovev

Activity: 52
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:04:06 PM

Is it fair that merits will be only like change , just one for one? people will not give merit ofr interesting post or suggestion.. I dont see the sense in it... it will be better to earn it somehow
Now you have to earn only by posting quality posts. This has been done to add manual inspection without troubling mods much.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SM23031997 (OP)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 582

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:04:50 PM

I repeat my question here:
Merit is created to support high quality posts and prevent spamming posts. No upgrades of memberships without earned Merits.
The DT-guidlines are clear:

- Do not rate people based on the quality of their posts.

So my question is:
Why are still accounts getting negative trusts because of post quality?
Don't the DT-members trust the new feature?
That's because you can't stop people with hero, sr. member, full member and others status to join airdrops bounty with this new feature. Negative trust from trusted members is to ensure that the quality poster get place in these kind of campaigns and every shitposter get out of the forum.

Assume a account farmer has 5 account with Sr. member status and the new feature can't stop him from joining campaign as he already have a status to join the campaign. Negative trust with time will ensure that none of his shit posting account get place into any campaign.

Is it fair that merits will be only like change , just one for one? people will not give merit ofr interesting post or suggestion.. I dont see the sense in it... it will be better to earn it somehow
You earn it when you make good quality posts. It's not about the content now it's about the quality of content and community members decide whether the information is relevant and deserves the Merit or not.

You need to come up with some high quality standard on frequent time to be eligible for merit. People often earn respect and trust on forums and now it's time for Merit.

I understand why it profitably for you!!!
But I am sure! that people wont be to Merit because of quality posts)) And everyone it understand! come on!
Then how did you manage to get that +1 merit point?

Now you have to earn only by posting quality posts. This has been done to add manual inspection without troubling mods much.
You can say like that. It means you need to influence people around you.
JuliaJi

Activity: 896
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:10:17 PM

Why you saying it? My posts was quality before!
Real guys you are pretending to be good, but will Merit only friends, not quality posts, just friends!
But for Hero and Legendary its no metter becuase they become hign level with much easy way!!
I posted now quality post, with real opinion
Who can Merit it?
JuliaJi

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:11:32 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 02:25:04 PM by JuliaJi

I think no metter what you write as newbie, no one Merit you.. sorry) and not only you ! No one merit without self benefits
Drunkenhorse

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 04:40:53 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, how i see new system and how it will work now. I am a member, I have 10 merits and I can reward someone with 5 smerits. Once I do that , i have 0 smerits and they will not recover anymore,  the only way to earn new merits will be through making a quality post and hope that random accounts who were delegated with new merits in this month will find my post and reward me. Taking into account amount of new threads created every minute on bitcointalk, there is a chance of 99%, that my post will be lost and not rewarded, eventhough i could have spent weeks of research and couple of hours to write it.
Ok, let's go further , now i see people who have old account are creating threads with offers to sell their smerit vote for 1-5 dollars per one , which creates a market of votes tgat might get even more expensive later.
Another option is to start exhanging merits with other users 1 for 1, since there is no point give anyone it for free. With my account i can exchange only 5 smerits and in order to get 100  full member for me would be impossible , unless i buy merits from someone or get randomly upvoted by someone from random sources (which is very small chance). To get 95 merits i would need to spend nearly 500 usd and that all for a chance to participate in bounty campaign with better conditions than member.
Also the question appears what stops random sources to upvote only their friends or sell votes?
I am not even talking about junior members who cannot participate in bounty campaigns because signature was taken away.  What is the difference now between junior member and newbyee? I see none.
From my personal opinion you created an inside market, where everyone will either exchange their votes or sell them , there will be no upvotes for nothing, because smerits are not recovered with a new period. That will lead in its turn to outflow of new users and making them to search for alternatives in other forums, for instance deeponion which is progressing very fast.
These are just my 2 cents on current situation.
JuliaJi

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:52:21 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, how i see new system and how it will work now. I am a member, I have 10 merits and I can reward someone with 5 smerits. Once I do that , i have 0 smerits and they will not recover anymore,  the only way to earn new merits will be through making a quality post and hope that random accounts who were delegated with new merits in this month will find my post and reward me. Taking into account amount of new threads created every minute on bitcointalk, there is a chance of 99%, that my post will be lost and not rewarded, eventhough i could have spent weeks of research and couple of hours to write it.
Ok, let's go further , now i see people who have old account are creating threads with offers to sell their smerit vote for 1-5 dollars per one , which creates a market of votes tgat might get even more expensive later.
Another option is to start exhanging merits with other users 1 for 1, since there is no point give anyone it for free. With my account i can exchange only 5 smerits and in order to get 100  full member for me would be impossible , unless i buy merits from someone or get randomly upvoted by someone from random sources (which is very small chance). To get 95 merits i would need to spend nearly 500 usd and that all for a chance to participate in bounty campaign with better conditions than member.
Also the question appears what stops random sources to upvote only their friends or sell votes?
I am not even talking about junior members who cannot participate in bounty campaigns because signature was taken away.  What is the difference now between junior member and newbyee? I see none.
From my personal opinion you created an inside market, where everyone will either exchange their votes or sell them , there will be no upvotes for nothing, because smerits are not recovered with a new period. That will lead in its turn to outflow of new users and making them to search for alternatives in other forums, for instance deeponion which is progressing very fast.
These are just my 2 cents on current situation.

Its true.. thats right! I hope Moderators of the forum change something because it is madness
Shamie1002

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:23:41 PM

If I may ask some question,
So the rank up system is now connected to the merit system, four days from now updates for activities will happen.
For those who are about to rank up, will it be postponed because of not having enough merit?

Another thing is how would anyone manage to give sMerit to everyone who deserves it without getting sunked in threads?

Sorry if ever I have bad English.
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1819
Merit: 2792

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 05:39:11 PM

For those who are about to rank up, will it be postponed because of not having enough merit?

You will not rank up unless you meet the activity AND merit qualification for that rank:

RankRequired activityRequired merit
Brand new00
Newbie10
Jr Member300
Member6010
Full Member120100
Sr. Member240250
Hero Member480500
LegendaryRandom in the range 775-10301000

Another thing is how would anyone manage to give sMerit to everyone who deserves it without getting sunked in threads?

What do you mean by "sunked in threads" ??

SM23031997 (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:40:56 PM

So the rank up system is now connected to the merit system, four days from now updates for activities will happen.

I know how bad you guys are feeling at the time but believe me with time spammers will be out of the game, account farmers won't able to manipulated things anymore. These things will benefit the loyal members of the forum, members with long relationship with forum able to achieve new landmarks.
Shamie1002

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:04:51 PM

You will not rank up unless you meet the activity AND merit qualification for that rank:

RankRequired activityRequired merit
Brand new00
Newbie10
Jr Member300
Member6010
Full Member120100
Sr. Member240250
Hero Member480500
LegendaryRandom in the range 775-10301000

What do you mean by "sunked in threads" ??

I meant those quality posters that are not even noticeable because of spammers.
I think even with the merit system, they would still try to build up words just to post something.
Sorry for the term I have used Sir.
Shamie1002

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:15:46 PM

I know how bad you guys are feeling at the time but believe me with time spammers will be out of the game, account farmers won't able to manipulated things anymore. These things will benefit the loyal members of the forum, members with long relationship with forum able to acheive new landmarks.

Starting merit system  is beneficial to everyone especially to the forum and I clearly see the point of implementing it. I was just a bit excited that few days from now I will be SR. Too bad. I won't be expecting it this week Sir.
Well thank you for confirmations and I am glad that even if we can not help bitcoin develop, you try to limit crowding.
Hope this go well, though I know it would.  Grin
YuTü.Co.in

Activity: 728
Merit: 350

Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 06:29:22 PM

Q. Is it possible for merit source to sell merits ?
A. This is possible but everything is public and it will be caught. Also, there are limits.

What about that dude who is trying to sell his sM for a million dollars? I think he should be banned. WAIT! That's me or was it my other account? Please ignore this post or give me sM (apologies if beggin' for sM is not allowed; just humor).

Humor aside, thanks OP for this informative thread. I have lent you 5 sM, looking forward to you lending me 10 sM back (interest).

gopaljiverma

Activity: 93
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:42:43 PM

Q. Is it possible for merit source to sell merits ?
A. This is possible but everything is public and it will be caught. Also, there are limits.

What about that dude who is trying to sell his sM for a million dollars? I think he should be banned. WAIT! That's me or was it my other account? Please ignore this post or give me sM (apologies if beggin' for sM is not allowed; just humor).

Humor aside, thanks OP for this informative thread. I have lent you 5 sM, looking forward to you lending me 10 sM back (interest).

Of course he should be banned if the intention of new concept is to fight spam.
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1819
Merit: 2792

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 06:59:14 PM

Might want to add this info into OP:

Manalhala

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 06:59:30 PM

Can certainly, the idea of Merit and good in the future. But with regard to members below the Member, then they certainly ambush. Newcomers and beginners to ask questions and learn new things. What super the benefits they can bring (not counting the really experienced beginners) and to earn Merit for it?
SM23031997 (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:01:19 PM

Sure, added.
Thanks

Can certainly, the idea of Merit and good in the future. But with regard to members below the Member, then they certainly ambush. Newcomers and beginners to ask questions and learn new things. What super the benefits they can bring (not counting the really experienced beginners) and to earn Merit for it?
For you information let me clear that upgrade to Jr. Member is not affected by this and for a member rank you need to collect only 10 Merit point which isn't that hard as you get 60 days for that.
Manalhala

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 08:01:55 PM

Sure, added.
Thanks

For you information let me clear that upgrade to Jr. Member is not affected by this and for a member rank you need to collect only 10 Merit point which isn't that hard as you get 60 days for that.
Maybe for someone and is not difficult. If you understand what exactly you can earn those points. But if I'm not as versed in the intricacies of the cryptocurrency to be more useful than just to post program reporting generosity? What then? I think there are many such people on the forum who are just starting to comprehend the basics of the cryptocurrency community.
rapsaodan84

Activity: 218

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:58:28 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2018, 10:21:23 PM by rapsaodan84

Q. How many sMerits have been distributed to existing members?
Ans. About 600k.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.msg28927946#msg28927946

and Q7 must be updated

If you want to be a merit source:

1. Be a somewhat established member.
 2. Collect TEN posts written in the last couple of months that have not received nearly enough merit for how good they are, and post quotes for them all in a new Meta thread.
 3. We will take a look at your history and maybe make you a source.

I am especially eager to have merit sources in sub-communities such as the local sections.
YuTü.Co.in

Activity: 728
Merit: 350

Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 10:41:50 PM

2. Collect TEN posts written in the last couple of months that have not received nearly enough merit for how good they are, and post quotes for them all in a new Meta thread.

I am especially eager to have merit sources in sub-communities such as the local sections.

How much does the gig pay? TBC, I'm talkin' yo-yo BTC not in the form of them sM thingies.

SM23031997 (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:25:50 AM

Q. How many sMerits have been distributed to existing members?
Ans. About 600k.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.msg28927946#msg28927946

and Q7 must be updated

Thanks, Updated
Keep Supporting the thread, I will consider few names on 31st for Merit points.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: