Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:55:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if Bitcoin just hold steady for months and months  (Read 687 times)
imapessimist (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:25:10 AM

Bitcoin isn't moving very much just now.  Up a tiny bit and then down a tiny bit.  Would this be very boring for people.  This might not encourage more people to buy.  I think the only way people buy is if it's going up and down more.  Because then at least they will have half a chance of making a good profit. 
Schmolke

Activity: 25
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:37:32 AM
Merited by mk4 (1), krishnapramod (1), cynical (1), babyshaun (1), hndrk10 (1)

Bitcoin isn't moving very much just now.  Up a tiny bit and then down a tiny bit.  Would this be very boring for people.  This might not encourage more people to buy.  I think the only way people buy is if it's going up and down more.  Because then at least they will have half a chance of making a good profit.  
Sorry but your posting is the perfect example for what is wrong with the bitcoin community. ^^ It was designed to be a currency and guess what the best currencies are "boring" as fuck. But 90% of the people that are in bitcoin now don't now shit about currencies, markets, rules and other stuff. They are stupid "OMG, I want to be rich tomorrow." fools The fun part is that these people are the ones that make the smarter people earn money. And right now every newbie is late to the party. I bought my bitcoins 4 years ago and I sold them 4 weeks ago. I made decent money over that 4 years but even that was a.) a very short period of time to earn that much money and b) it was way more than what I expected. But right now it is like almost everyone thinks he has to become rich in no time while the hype train already has left the station.
kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:39:42 AM

well bitcoin before have been steady and slowly rising for years but many still buy and hold. speaking of profit those people that been buying and holding since 2009 have become rich. because of this pumping high and pumping low some people minds are affected by it and they only think of profit. what to do is buy and hold and leave it for months or years.
ktabb

Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 11:43:16 AM

Bitcoin isn't moving very much just now.  Up a tiny bit and then down a tiny bit.  Would this be very boring for people.  This might not encourage more people to buy.  I think the only way people buy is if it's going up and down more.  Because then at least they will have half a chance of making a good profit. 

It's kind of a conundrum. When bitcoin is volatile, it can't really be used as a currency because of its lack of stability. It attracts a lot of investors but it harms the ultimate purpose of bitcoin. When it is stable, however, nobody is interested in it anymore, and therefore it is difficult to use as a currency because of lack of ownership. As soon as more people start to adopt it, it becomes volatile again, and the cycle keeps repeating. This is one of the problems that bitcoin needs to overcome if it is going to achieve the kind of acceptance it would need in order to warrant some of the sky-high predictions we see on these forums and in the media.

ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:45:46 AM

Well this is pure speculation and there is still a lot of place for you to earn money. Simply look everyday on markets and search by BTC/ETH value and you will notice that if bitcoin is not doing huge swings, some other altcoins are. Bitcoin is still way faster to make money around that stock market which is even slower. It is hard to earn maximum profits out of trading.

You know what I love about holding? That I don't have to think about the price and if there is some service that accept bitcoin or some altcoins I'd rather pay in cryptos if I have any to spare than with fiat if I can why not.

Bitcoin is not all about making money, it is about freedom.

It's kind of a conundrum. When bitcoin is volatile, it can't really be used as a currency because of its lack of stability. It attracts a lot of investors but it harms the ultimate purpose of bitcoin. When it is stable, however, nobody is interested in it anymore, and therefore it is difficult to use as a currency because of lack of ownership. As soon as more people start to adopt it, it becomes volatile again, and the cycle keeps repeating. This is one of the problems that bitcoin needs to overcome if it is going to achieve the kind of acceptance it would need in order to warrant some of the sky-high predictions we see on these forums and in the media.

This is because many of them use it as an investment, rather than as a currency. Plus I know some of my friends won't even think of spending their coins on services and stores and products because as they say "what if price goes up in future I will lose my investment" - many people have wrong understanding of what this actually is and for what it is made for.
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:48:17 AM

Bitcoin isn't moving very much just now.  Up a tiny bit and then down a tiny bit.  Would this be very boring for people.  This might not encourage more people to buy.  I think the only way people buy is if it's going up and down more.  Because then at least they will have half a chance of making a good profit.  
Sorry but your posting is the perfect example for what is wrong with the bitcoin community. ^^ It was designed to be a currency and guess what the best currencies are "boring" as fuck. But 90% of the people that are in bitcoin now don't now shit about currencies, markets, rules and other stuff. They are stupid "OMG, I want to be rich tomorrow." fools The fun part is that these people are the ones that make the smarter people earn money. And right now every newbie is late to the party. I bought my bitcoins 4 years ago and I sold them 4 weeks ago. I made decent money over that 4 years but even that was a.) a very short period of time to earn that much money and b) it was way more than what I expected. But right now it is like almost everyone thinks he has to become rich in no time while the hype train already has left the station.

I agree but dont mean any offence to the OP.
Crypto is seen more now as something to make a profit off.
Crypto should be used more, there needs to be more adoption by buyers and merchants.
Bitcoin is kind of stable now, which is perfect for a situation of buying and selling goods,
instead of the senario where you buy a phone for 100$ today and bitcoin rises by 25% in 2 days and you are kicking yourself for not waiting.
ideally a slow steady rise over the medium to long term is preferable for a proper working coin.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
sharm2121

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:51:10 AM

For me its ok because our bitcoin is just there, we just have to wait when will bitcoin rate increase. Just hold your bitcoin, dont sell it. Its more boring if the bitcoin will not increase or decrease anymore Cheesy

SUDARMONO

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:51:44 AM

the slight rise and fall of bitcoin prices to me does not matter much, because we can still buy bitcoin and make a profit in altcoin, and later when bitcoin rises we will benefit two fold from the benefits of bitcoin and coin altcoin.
Alone055

Activity: 1092
Merit: 219

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 11:51:58 AM

Boring? I don't think entertaining people was the idea in Satoshi Nakamoto's mind when he thought of creating Bitcoin. His purpose was to make a decentralized currency to provide a better mode of payment with lower fees and faster transaction times to the people. Today if people take Bitcoin as a source of earning money, that is totally a later-made concept and was never the primary focus of the currency. And no matter how stable it becomes, it will always be the same for the one's who are using it for all the advantages it provides beside its price.
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 11:55:09 AM

Unlikely, especially now that bitcoin is in mass speculation mode where anyone influential can say something and affect bitcoin's price. Bitcoin has always been a volatile commodity and when it becomes stable, that will probably mean it is already accepted as the global currency.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
Nanot

Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:55:31 AM

I think that when you have the scenario that bitcoin is stready  from this month to month. That was so not bad maybe it was so annoying but still it is better when its rises rather than lowering down. I think also that when price has stabled from a consequitive months it is big opportunities to the people who does nor really had a bitcoin to buy because since its price is in stable level it was a great help to those kind of people.it also gain more invrestors and buyers.

▰▰▰▰ me token ▰▰▰▰
▰▰ WHITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Social Commerce Revolution  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
 ▰▰ WEB SITE  ▰▰ REDDIT  ▰▰ TELEGRAM  ▰▰ FACEBOOK   ▰▰ LINKEDIN  ▰▰
babyshaun

Activity: 230
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:08:20 PM

bitcoin's market price is not boring for me this is opportunity. The bitcoins are now priced at the price of the newbie to get the price of bitcoin. That's the people who do not know the world of crypto currencies. Note Bitcoin is a currencies that can change its price. I noticed that many people have been disappointed with the price of bitcoin especially those who have bought the most expensive bitcoin prices especially they have sold cheap prices and they say that borring i quit bitcoin.

Before we enter into an investment we will lose our education and how it will expand the other people just hope this forum is how to earn and to see it over and over again. Research first before reactions.
Bonakid

Activity: 224
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:17:31 PM

There are so many speculation in bitcoin price for now,going down and going up would be possible to do always the same.I think it earn a profit if we hold and just steady our bitcoins for months.I have a friend who holds a bitcoin for months and so on months but until  after a long months she check it and its great to earn an income on the btc she holds for long.So it is okey to hold because there is always a flactuations and our money would earn if we wait in patient.
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:20:39 PM

I don't agree with you that Bitcoin price is not moving too much like it was before, what is happening right now is Bitcoin price struggle to move upward but the volatility is still there. And I don't think that it is a valid reason that prevents people to buy more Bitcoin because it is still a good time to buy knowing that it can grow up to $20000 or even more. Short term investor might hurt about this kind of movement but this is all normal, there are lots of FUD coming out every single day so what do you expect?

To answer other comments here, yes Bitcoin is designed to be a currency but we can't avoid the fact that it is also a good investment and people will take advantage of that.
Conundrumwas

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:22:40 PM

I actually hope Bitcoin will remain steady in current levels until it has found a solution to its congestion issue through the lightning network... I don't see any reason why Bitcoin should rise further when the demand for it is clearly not that high anymore.
havok1998

Activity: 102
Merit: 14

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:24:43 PM

It will be good even if bitcoin holds steady for months cause if btc stays stable, alts will rise giving us profit in any alts we have invested. it should just not fall below its support line to keep market in good position.  Smiley

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
cryptomoon123

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:28:03 PM

You missing the big picture.. We live in a world today that has both Bitcoin and Fiat, but we are approaching a world with only Bitcoin and No Fiat.. So the stable price you talking about is based on the present ecosystem ( where fiat and bitcoin coexist) and not based on the future ecosystem ( with no fiat)..

If you buy 1 BTC at 19k, and the price decreases to 10k. you still have 1 BTC... If you give merchant 1 BTC for services and the USD price of BTC decreases, merchant is not at loos.. He still has 1 BTC.
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:28:15 PM

This would be correct from a trader point of view, but that is not the main purpose of bitcoin. It's easy to think that way, since most people only hear about the prices, and the volatility, and right now there isn't much use for bitcoin because of it's high fees and slow transaction times. But bitcoin was not created to become a trading asset. If you take fiat for example, you can trade it on forex markets, but most people use fiat to trade goods buy buying and selling products, and receiving their salaries in fiat etc. Bitcoin is suppose to act like this. People should use it as a store of value, and then use it to buy and sell stuff.

If you look at things from this point of view (bitcoin as a currency and a payment method), then you will understand that the volatility is actually a bad thing. There will be nothing boring about using bitcoin this way, because it will be a universal and decentralized form of payment. You will be your own bank, and you will not lose value if your country is not doing well. It's a perfect combination of gold and fiat, and there is nothing boring about that.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

wildflower18

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:31:16 PM

I actually hope Bitcoin will remain steady in current levels until it has found a solution to its congestion issue through the lightning network... I don't see any reason why Bitcoin should rise further when the demand for it is clearly not that high anymore.
There is nothing wrong for now if bitcoin will remain steady. You know what, bitcoin ever since is volatile it will not steady for long. Bitcoin have been rising or going down for the past months so I dont see any suffecient ground that it will be steady for months.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
MRN94

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:36:43 PM

Granted bitcoin isn't moving as much as it used to but for investors it is a good thing. Most people buy when the price is low and sell when the price is high. trends from the past three years show that at the start of the year, bitcoin doesn't move that much. It usually stays along a fixed line. But as the year progresses, it starts to hit new highs. For investors making long term investments, a low price is good news. But for people expecting to make short term profits, they might just have to wait for bitcoin to go up and then continue from there.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: