Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:58:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if Bitcoin just hold steady for months and months  (Read 683 times)
dmamigo

Activity: 1232
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:35:54 PM

I liked this stability, it helps in daily or atleast frequent transaction. The confirmation speed is also good enough, better for those who use Bitcoin for transacting other than just trading or investing. Also the volatility mostly shoo away people, who does not have risk taking mentality. Also it is increasing the risk of ban by various countries.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
redhondaxrm125

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:39:28 PM

Bitcoin isn't moving very much just now.  Up a tiny bit and then down a tiny bit.  Would this be very boring for people.  This might not encourage more people to buy.  I think the only way people buy is if it's going up and down more.  Because then at least they will have half a chance of making a good profit. 

Well, this sure is pretty boring. But the thng is, it is still too early for this year's bitcoin price to be shooting up and breaking records by records again. If you wanna invest, it really doesn't matter when since bitcoin will surely go up in the mext few weeks of this year. Because the major problems are being fixed. And if they finish early,  this will really make the market cap bigger.
Hannibalis

Activity: 133

BELUGA PAY. Complete Mobile Point of Sale System

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:11:51 PM

Bitcoin is not supposed to increase price everyday. we saw longer periods for Bitcoin keeping the same price or even dumping everyday.
Try to be more patient and the moon will come.

B E L U G A  P A Y  || The first Complete Mobile POS System || [ ICO 1st Mar 2018 ]
     Visa & Mastercard Certified     
ANN  Whitepaper    Telegram    Facebook    Twitter    Medium
Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:17:59 PM

You should not expect bitcoin price to rise forever. If you mean bitcoin price become constant, note that it's impossible. But the price can become more stable. I think a day it will happen. Now bitcoin price is very volatile. When bitcoin is accepted by governments, news and rumors cannot affect the price very much. Bitcoin will be like gold with many investors.
smith136

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:25:54 PM

Bitcoin isn't moving very much just now.  Up a tiny bit and then down a tiny bit.  Would this be very boring for people.  This might not encourage more people to buy.  I think the only way people buy is if it's going up and down more.  Because then at least they will have half a chance of making a good profit. 
That's why alts are there, we can't rely forever on bitcoin if we need an investment that could give us good profits. Just try to look around and you'll see some of cryptos that are way more volatile and has more pumps compared to bitcoin in the last few days or weeks.

Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:04:14 PM

Bitcoin is not supposed to increase price everyday. we saw longer periods for Bitcoin keeping the same price or even dumping everyday.
Try to be more patient and the moon will come.
Agreed, the price don't increase each and every day. At rare instance such a growth takes place. These days such a growth took place when the price grew towards reaching the ath price. What's happening at present can be termed to be a stabilized growth because almost the price change leading towards growth is not that big.

machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:32:57 PM

I think its okay for bitcoin hold steady, as long as the price is not drop severely, I am okay with little drop and little up, since the price is already high compare to last year, just be patience, bitcoin is still through a phase, when everything is back on track you will see bitcoin rise to the moon
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:58:52 AM

I think its okay for bitcoin hold steady, as long as the price is not drop severely, I am okay with little drop and little up, since the price is already high compare to last year, just be patience, bitcoin is still through a phase, when everything is back on track you will see bitcoin rise to the moon

same here , i also wanted it to be steady rather than keep fluctuating from time to time and make its price really unpredictable. besides bitcoin still had an amazing gains since last year therfor we should still be thankfull at it in the first place rather than whining and complaining about the major drop that recently occuring. but overall im still hoping that bitcoin could recover back again to its peak price to be able for us to gain a profit again and recover most of our losses from the recent dip.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:05:47 AM

Isn't that exactly what everyone wants? Bitcoin stability is one of the things that is seriously affecting the practicality of bitcoin for some merchants. The only reason why they are not willing to use bitcoin at this point is the fact that the price can be extremely unstable at times, and if a downward move happens it'll severely damage their business's cash flow.

If bitcoin held steady for months, then it would be awesome and it'll prove to people that bitcoin has matured as a store of value.

Though, i don't think that the period of volatility is over yet. It is much more probable bitcoin goes up around at least $5-10k before stabilizing, or correcting and stabilizing. Right now, the price is still undervalued.

Smiley
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:10:04 AM

If bitcoin held steady for months, then it would be awesome and it'll prove to people that bitcoin has matured as a store of value.

Nope. It's nowhere near that. What it would mean is investor boredom. This price level is nowhere near maturity. And 'stability' won't mean people start to use it as a currency. Hardly anyone is interested in it for that function.

A vast amount has happened recently both in price action, Bitcoin's own development and things like futures. That's a lot to digest. I expect a lengthy breather and maybe some price falls and not much else for a good while.

Bitcoin bounced along in the $200s for what felt like forever. Perhaps it'll do that again.
fabiorem

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:42:59 AM

If it become stable, we trade on altcoins to increase our stashes.

Bitcoin can be stable, but this dont means the other coins would be.
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:58:41 PM

What makes you bored, currently so stable bitcoin is good for trader.
They can predict the price forecast to rise.
if bitcoin continues to survive like this then it is not a problem.
The fluctuation of bitcoin will soon return, rising rapidly and falling rapidly as well.
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:01:10 PM

Patience is the must mate. And dont loss hope because if the  price start to rise for sure it will make a new jump again , and it seems the price is not yet ready to surge on this moment.  So i think this is a good time to buy more and hold, just remove your doubts and buy what amount  you can afford to lose and always make some analysis to prevent regrets.. And also try to invest in alt while the bitcoin price is not yet stable because indeed this is just  a temporary circumstances .
Palmerson

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:32:11 PM

Fluctuations in the price of bitcoin has not stopped. Decreased amplitude. I like the volatility. Experienced traders due to this quality of bitcoin to earn more money than people who hold coins and wait for the growth of their prices. It seems to me that volatility attracts the user. Bitcoin is a universal coin. Everyone for themselves the positive qualities and use them.

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀

♡   Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency   ♡
██Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |  Bitcointalk  |  Github██

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀
vhiancs

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

--=oOo=--

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:55:11 PM

Bitcoin isn't moving very much just now.  Up a tiny bit and then down a tiny bit.  Would this be very boring for people.  This might not encourage more people to buy.  I think the only way people buy is if it's going up and down more.  Because then at least they will have half a chance of making a good profit.  
I don't think so, I think maybe all of the new trader getting bored because they have no patient so they getting bored. I think it is best to make the buyer as much as possible, because this circumstances are temporary only. so we should hold our bitcoin until the next pump to gain profit.
Washball

Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:02:29 PM

The reason why merchants and quit accepting  bitcoins as payment, is because of the high volatility. And the customers have the same thoughts about the volatility, besides the high fees and lengthy waiting times. So, with the narrowing prices, bitcoin can be used more and more what it was meant for: a decentralized currency.

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:16:14 PM

The reason why merchants and quit accepting  bitcoins as payment, is because of the high volatility.

Nope. Merchants in 99% of the cases accept Bitcoin through a third party payment processor doing all the Bitcoin transaction processing for them. It basically means that merchants are exempt from the volatility. If merchants state that they quit because of the volatility, they are lying. It's either the lack of usage, or a policy change from higher authority. In most cases it's the first mentioned option due to the fees that people need to pay, where on top of that Bitcoin is a valuable asset with a lot forward growth capabilities -- selling or spending Bitcoin for that reason more often than not results in a big disappointment.
Sir Cross

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:05:38 PM

I liked this stability, it helps in daily or atleast frequent transaction. The confirmation speed is also good enough, better for those who use Bitcoin for transacting other than just trading or investing. Also the volatility mostly shoo away people, who does not have risk taking mentality. Also it is increasing the risk of ban by various countries.

These are the good sides of the price steadiness for bitcoin which we have been experiencing. People have been scared of the volatility of bitcoin and I guess this 'steadiness' would indicate that bitcoin is not 'dangerous' or too risky. This may not benefit the traders but it's not likely for this kind of trend to last long. It's said to be normal for the price to behave like this, and we will be experiencing some large dips or a large shoot up in the price soon after.

SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:16:47 PM

Never expect the price of bitcoin moving higher all the time,just take a look at the rally we had last year and take a look at the graphs earlier and you will understand what it is and why it is and how market performs,even with this situation,there is a massive fluctuation in price ranging over a thousand dollars plus or minus and you think that is a steady market. Shocked
ATASKA98

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:49:50 AM

i say bitcoin will increase the price,the more steady much bigger prices Cheesy Wink
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: