Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:08:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LOOKING FOR A CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE  (Read 190 times)
Maxnilu (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:34:48 PM

I'm new to crypto currency and want to find an exchange with more than just a few crypto currencies.

I tried Coinbase and Bittrex , but it's not allowed in my state at this time.
I also tried Kucoin, but they only offer a couple crypto currencies.

Anyone have any recommendations?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
havok1998

Activity: 102
Merit: 14

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:40:57 PM

i would suggest binance crypto trading platform. its easy to use and has less fees with instant withdrawals and deposits.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Alluro

Activity: 742
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:42:13 PM

Binance is good exchange for beginners and everyone.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3421

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 01:29:47 PM

I'm new to crypto currency and want to find an exchange with more than just a few crypto currencies.
~Snipped~
There's ShapeShift (easy to use).

Funny how you can't use "Bittrex" and yet, you have it on your list (as your choice): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1577686.msg28619699#msg28619699

my choice Roll Eyes
1BITTREX
2BINANCE
3KUCOIN

Archived: https://archive.fo/Dmtbn#selection-1645.1-1645.8

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Gabe Logan Roberts

Activity: 2

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 01:48:16 PM

~Snipped~

Funny how you can't use "Bittrex" and yet, you have it on your list (as your choice): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1577686.msg28619699#msg28619699

my choice Roll Eyes
1BITTREX
2BINANCE
3KUCOIN

crypto-words

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:07:20 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2018, 09:05:17 PM by crypto-words

I think the most traditionally well-known exchanges are: Bittrex, Bitfinex and Poloniex. There’s also Coinmama and Cryptopia. Beware of holding large amounts of crypto on exchanges however, exchanges are for exchanging or trading (daytrading for example), in my opinion – So I wouldn’t keep large amounts of crypto on any exchange . Bittrex, Bitfinex and Poloniex and Coinama are centralized exchanges – meaning in theory they could do whatever they choose with your funds, e.g. freeze them if they have their suspicions about a user’s activity (even if that person is 100% legit).

Then there are decentralized exchanges like EtherDelta, OpenLedger/Bitshares, IDEX, altcoin.io and others… They are completely decentralized – as the name says – so you have less of that risk described above and also more immediate control of your coins. Some decentralized exchanges will work a bit less user friendly, but after watching 1-2 YouTube videos, you’ll get the hang of it.

Remember: Anybody can get hacked. Therefore I’d advise you to store your coins in a paper wallets or a hard wallet.

My personal favorite would be Binance or KuCoin. They offer great bonuses so you can greatly save in fees. Plus, they got many competitions and give you regularly a chance at winning prizes and cryptocurrency (like KuCoin is doing right now; you can simply re-tweet their pinned post and get some ETH or win a car). Also, if you so choose, you can pay the fees in their own currency (Binance Coin and Kucoin Shares respectively). This way, you do not lose any amount of the crypto you purchased, but pay any fees necessary in the respective currency of the exchange platform or you get a discount on fees which is still pretty decent.

Also, the link below provides a comprehensive summary of most of the exchanges that are out there:
https://exchangewar.info/  

If you are curious or have any further questions, do not hesitate to ask me or other members here or go watch a few YouTube videos on this subject. I think YouTube is one of the best ways to get educated about any topic! ; )

PS: I'd recommend registering on as many exchanges as possible. You never know with crypto as most things are highly time-sensitive here in this domain. With regards to exchanges this means that certain platforms might (temporarily or non-temporarily) close registration to users in future so it's best to register while you still can ; )
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:23:27 PM

I also tried Kucoin, but they only offer a couple crypto currencies.

Since we don't know your country, may I suggest localbitcoins? Pretty ease to gain you access into cryptocurrency and available in many countries, prices might be a bit higher, and later on you can use binance, kucoin, cryptopia etc. to trade between cryptocurrency pairs.

EtherDelta would be ralated to tokens on ethereum network as it is decentalized exchange it offer almost all pairs of ether tokens.

I don't really like bittrex as their support is to slow with answering tickets if you ever need something urgent, plus their reply doesn't mean it will solve your problem then you have to wait even more at end....

It might be easy to use them, but their fees are a bit higher, plus I like more to have an graphical representation of volume, buy/sell walls and order history. Plus shapeshift might be a costly thing if you trade frequently as everything is done on chain and by exchanging with bitcoin is not the best idea.
Maxnilu (OP)

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:46:13 PM

~Snipped~

my choice Roll Eyes
1BITTREX
2BINANCE
3KUCOIN

Agree I Tried Bittrex. But It's Not Allowed
Jiggypsysiq

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:24:39 PM

Look at the currency exchange sub forum and that will have some exchanges that might suit your need .
chuckblocker

Activity: 126
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:31:20 PM

Binance
Veks_King

Activity: 76

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:32:07 PM

Binance is a great exchange
tora

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:22:04 PM

It depends on the reason you want an exchange.The more famous and longer established exchanges like yobit,binance and bitfinex give a greater choice of coins while new ones like kucoin have a smaller range. If you want to exchange between the main coins then almost any safe exchange will be useful.
Fidemoga

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:58:43 PM

On Cryptopia are listed many cryptocurrencies and you needn't provide your ID except email for trading or withdrawals up to 5000$ a day. I hope, they will not change that like Poloniex did.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: