Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:04:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase apparently just banned one of my bank accounts  (Read 1026 times)
tclo (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 08:50:20 AM

Hi ______,

On Aug 26, 2013 you purchased 2.00 BTC via bank transfer for $236.15.

Unfortunately, we have decided to cancel this order because it appears to be high risk. We do not send out any bitcoins on high risk transactions, and your bank account will not be charged.

Please understand that we do this to keep the community safe and avoid fraudulent transactions. Apologies if you are one of the good users who gets caught up in this preventitive measure - we don't get it right 100% of the time, but we need to be cautious when it comes to preventing fraud.

You may have more luck trying again in a few weeks. Best of luck and thank you for trying Coinbase.
Kind regards,

The Coinbase Team

tclo (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 08:53:54 AM

I have no idea why they did this as nothing unusual has happened with that account..it is a credit union checking account.

I just added a Bank of America checking account a couple of days ago, and it seems to work...for now, although I just tested it with 1BTC.

But they canceled two of my orders right at the beginning of the runup this morning, so that was not good.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: