Bitcoin Forum
November 28, 2020, 07:44:19 AM *
News: Bitcointalk Community Awards
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: effect of unsold coins of ICO in burn  (Read 124 times)
kevinzxz
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 938
Merit: 103


Base Protocol: Baseprotocol.org


View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:21:14 PM
 #1

according to my personal, coin that is burned when the ICO coin is unsold gives a good effect for investors, because the coin is circulating a bit (limited), making the coin price will increase in the future when the ICO project is started, compared ICO that are coin not sold given to the investor make the coin price difficult to increase the price because the coin is very much circulated (in my opinion), therefore I prefer to join ICO that coin unsold will burning. i don't know it's true or not because this is my opinion  Grin.

               Base Protocol                                                           Presale: Sign up now!
       Hold one token; Hold all tokens                                    [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk  |  Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Telegram
1606549459
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1606549459

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1606549459
Reply with quote  #2

1606549459
Report to moderator
1606549459
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1606549459

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1606549459
Reply with quote  #2

1606549459
Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
1606549459
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1606549459

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1606549459
Reply with quote  #2

1606549459
Report to moderator
1606549459
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1606549459

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1606549459
Reply with quote  #2

1606549459
Report to moderator
jouns
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 812
Merit: 106


View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:26:53 PM
Merited by ujinice (1)
 #2

Yes indeed you are right, when a coin is burned the price grows, and when the unsold coins are sold, the price falls.
jayc89
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!


View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:30:31 PM
 #3

Yes indeed you are right, when a coin is burned the price grows, and when the unsold coins are sold, the price falls.
Projects with coins getting burned can still be worth the same price if there is no buyers around.

 
                                . ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
danmoris
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 280
Merit: 102


View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:32:13 PM
 #4

Indeed burning unsold tokens makes the coins more limited. It also prevents inflation which could decrease the value of the coin.
But the price of each coin depends on the project, team and the community.
liquidX3
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 224
Merit: 22


View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:38:34 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2018, 02:09:07 PM by liquidX3
 #5

You are very close to the truth but it is effective to burn the tokens not during the ICO period or in his end but only after entering on the exchange somewhere in a month


          EINC   ■■■■■   ETHERINC - an ETHEREUM FORK   ■■■■■   EINC         
DAO 2.0 is LIVE - Register your DAO Now ▐||   ETHEREUM HOLDERS ((   CLAIM ETI    ))
Whitepaper   ▲   Telegram   ▲   Twitter   ▲   Medium   ▲   Reddit   ▲   ANN Thread
jlanzago
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Cryptomooniac - to the moon and beyond...


View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 01:39:08 PM
 #6

I think it really depends. In general yes, it is better for the tokens to be burned, or simply not generated. However not always. For example if you do invest in an asset backed crypto, burning does not really have an effect because the only tokens in circulation are the ones that have been sold.  
Cnut237
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 1204
Merit: 698



View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:39:32 PM
 #7

I think in general burning is good, but there can be unintended effects.
Say a coin has 20% to devs and 80% is to be sold at ICO.
If only 30% of that 80% is sold and the rest burnt, then we have 20% to devs, 30% sold at ICO, 50% burnt.
After the burning takes place, this means that the tokens are in effect distributed 40% to devs, 60% sold.
So in this case burning has a strange effect.

████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████

████

████

████

████

████
     ▄▄▄ ▄▄███▄▄
    ███ ▄██████▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██ ▄██████  ▄████▄
   ▐█ ▄███████████████   █▄
   █ ▄█████████████▀▀  ▄███
   ▌▄████████▀▀▀  ▄▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▄▄██████▀▀ ▄
███████████████▀▀▀  ▄▄██
 ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄███▀
        ▀██████████▄
           ▀▀▀▀ ▄█▀
               █▀
..Blender..
..W A L L E T
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████

████

████

████

████

████
[BTC
  BTC
.
BTC
Full control
over your funds
             ▄▄████▄▄
         ▄▄████████████▄▄
      ▄██████████ █████████▄
█▀█▄▄▄███████████ █▀█▀██████
▀▀▀         ▀████      ▀████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▄    █ ████  ████
     ▄▄▄ ▀▄ ▀▀▀▀█        ███
     █▄█   ▀▀▀▀▀█ █████  ███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█       ▄██
   ▄▄▄     ▄█████ █▄█▄████
   █▄█▀▀▀▀███████ ██████▀
            ▀████████▀▀
              ▀▀██▀▀
].ANONYMOUS...............
.SEGWIT ADDRESSES..
.TRUSTED.....................
// /.
       ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄█████▀▀▀▀█████▄
    ████▀        ▀▀███▄
   ███▀            ▀███  █▄
  ▐███              ▀▀▀▄███
  ▐███            ▄▄▄████▀
  ▀▀▀      ▄▄▄██████▀▀▄
███████████████▀▀▀  ▄▄██
 ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄███▀
        ▀██████████▄
           ▀▀▀▀ ▄█▀
               █▀
.
From the creators of
Blender.io
semobo
Full Member
***
Online Online

Activity: 1176
Merit: 128


★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!


View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:40:14 PM
Merited by Thanasis (2)
 #8

according to my personal, coin that is burned when the ICO coin is unsold gives a good effect for investors, because the coin is circulating a bit (limited), making the coin price will increase in the future when the ICO project is started, compared ICO that are coin not sold given to the investor make the coin price difficult to increase the price because the coin is very much circulated (in my opinion), therefore I prefer to join ICO that coin unsold will burning. i don't know it's true or not because this is my opinion  Grin.
As you said the unsold coins will be burned in ICOs will increase the demand of the coin because it will decrease the total supply of the coin,but if the project has unsold tokens then it may not have good potential usage in future.So the that coins or tokens are give benefit for the intial sellers when it listed on exchanges.
But in my opinion it is not good to invest on the project like these.

Thanasis
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 1820
Merit: 515


★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino


View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:46:41 PM
 #9

according to my personal, coin that is burned when the ICO coin is unsold gives a good effect for investors, because the coin is circulating a bit (limited), making the coin price will increase in the future when the ICO project is started, compared ICO that are coin not sold given to the investor make the coin price difficult to increase the price because the coin is very much circulated (in my opinion), therefore I prefer to join ICO that coin unsold will burning. i don't know it's true or not because this is my opinion  Grin.
As you said the unsold coins will be burned in ICOs will increase the demand of the coin because it will decrease the total supply of the coin,but if the project has unsold tokens then it may not have good potential usage in future.So the that coins or tokens are give benefit for the intial sellers when it listed on exchanges.
But in my opinion it is not good to invest on the project like these.
Agree with this,but many of the investors intention is just to make money from the ICO and no people is willing to hold their coins after the end of the sale,so it give benefits for the investors when investing on the project with burned tokens as OP said.

chainese
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 299
Merit: 13


View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:48:57 PM
 #10

according to my personal, coin that is burned when the ICO coin is unsold gives a good effect for investors, because the coin is circulating a bit (limited), making the coin price will increase in the future when the ICO project is started, compared ICO that are coin not sold given to the investor make the coin price difficult to increase the price because the coin is very much circulated (in my opinion), therefore I prefer to join ICO that coin unsold will burning. i don't know it's true or not because this is my opinion  Grin.

totally agree
kewlc3s
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 672
Merit: 140



View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:55:41 PM
 #11

I think in general burning is good, but there can be unintended effects.
Say a coin has 20% to devs and 80% is to be sold at ICO.
If only 30% of that 80% is sold and the rest burnt, then we have 20% to devs, 30% sold at ICO, 50% burnt.
After the burning takes place, this means that the tokens are in effect distributed 40% to devs, 60% sold.
So in this case burning has a strange effect.

Partly agree with you, but anyway, with unsold token burning total number of tokens available on the market decreases. That will lead to potential price grow of each single token.
Just imagine case where 50% are not burnt, most probably devs would keep it, or split between investors or aidrop to increase selling volume. In worst case, when devs keep tokens percentage would be 80/20, so it is even more strange.
Hellobx
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet


View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:57:22 PM
 #12

If these unsold tokens are destroyed, the total market value of the token will be reduced accordingly, which would be a good thing for an investor.
But in most cases, good projects seldom have unsold tokens. Shocked

liquidX3
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 224
Merit: 22


View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:06:04 PM
 #13

I think in general burning is good, but there can be unintended effects.
Say a coin has 20% to devs and 80% is to be sold at ICO.
If only 30% of that 80% is sold and the rest burnt, then we have 20% to devs, 30% sold at ICO, 50% burnt.
After the burning takes place, this means that the tokens are in effect distributed 40% to devs, 60% sold.
So in this case burning has a strange effect.

Usually not so! developers take % from the sold tokens but not from all (sold and unsold) if this is not so the development team may be scammers. I would not invest in such a project

          EINC   ■■■■■   ETHERINC - an ETHEREUM FORK   ■■■■■   EINC         
DAO 2.0 is LIVE - Register your DAO Now ▐||   ETHEREUM HOLDERS ((   CLAIM ETI    ))
Whitepaper   ▲   Telegram   ▲   Twitter   ▲   Medium   ▲   Reddit   ▲   ANN Thread
tiar4dewie
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 154
Merit: 10


View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:25:02 PM
 #14


Usually not so! developers take % from the sold tokens but not from all (sold and unsold) if this is not so the development team may be scammers. I would not invest in such a project

Yes, in this case they would be more risk-taking tokens burned and letting those sold rather than sacrificing their customers to investors. so that in the future they can hold ICO again with a more attractive offer

Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!