Print  
Author Topic: locking  (Read 217 times)
fulhamfan66 (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:29:13 PM

Hi Guys

Just a quick question please. I did do a post before regarding getting my funds using a seed phrase in Blockchain, but it did not work as it was an imported wallet and watching only. Until the outcome of me being able to use my funds, can you tell me if i can lock a watching wallet that is in my account? This would be just to stop somebody else from being able to withdraw from the wallet?

Regards

Andy
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 5039

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 01:31:49 PM
Merited by bitart (1)

Hi Guys

Just a quick question please. I did do a post before regarding getting my funds using a seed phrase in Blockchain, but it did not work as it was an imported wallet and watching only. Until the outcome of me being able to use my funds, can you tell me if i can lock a watching wallet that is in my account? This would be just to stop somebody else from being able to withdraw from the wallet?

Regards

Andy

Some things don't add up... If you have a seed phrase, by defenition you're not talking about a watch only wallet... If you have a seed phrase, and know the derivation path, you should be able to restore the wallet itself (you can caculate the xprv, from which all private keys => public keys => addresses can be derived).

A watch only wallet is usually created by just entering the bitcoin address. If the only thing you have is the address, but you have no access to the private key nor the seed phrase, there is nothing you can do to secure your wallet.

Truth be told, there is no real way of "locking" a wallet. Sure, a web wallet provider like blockchain.info can block access to a certain wallet, but if a stranger gets their hands on your private key(s) or seed phrase, he can just import those into bitcoin core or electrum and spend all your unspent outputs, even if blockchain.info blocked access to this specific wallet.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
fulhamfan66 (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:19:49 PM

The reason is i was scammed into my own wallet. The watch only wallet has funds in that the scammer holds the private key to. He owes me 12000 dollars but has put a considerable amount in saying that i have to pay 17000 to get the private key to the watched wallet. Very frustrating yes, but under investigation thats why i wanted to put a block on the wallet that they have the key to, but its in my account.
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 02:23:21 PM

The reason is i was scammed into my own wallet. The watch only wallet has funds in that the scammer holds the private key to. He owes me 12000 dollars but has put a considerable amount in saying that i have to pay 17000 to get the private key to the watched wallet. Very frustrating yes, but under investigation thats why i wanted to put a block on the wallet that they have the key to, but its in my account.

If they have the key or the seed, there is no way to lock the wallet... They can export the seed, xprv or private keys, so they can spend the unspent outputs from another desktop wallet, no matter what you do.
Legally, it *might* be your account, but in reality, it's owned (or at least controlled) by the person that hacked you.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
fulhamfan66 (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:09:13 PM

right, i have the seed for my account but i don't suppose that helps.
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 07:10:51 PM

right, i have the seed for my account but i don't suppose that helps.
If it's the seed of your HD wallet, you should be able to either restore your wallet in an other compatible HD wallet, or you should be able to derive the private keys... However, a lot of times new members get confused, and they think they have a seed for an HD wallet while in reality they have something completely different.

Could you tell us which wallet you were using and how many words are in the seed?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:06:50 PM
Merited by flekkelek (2)

Think twice before you pay for the private key... there's absolutely no guarantee that if the scammer gives you the legit private key to the watched wallet then he will wait for you to move the funds elsewhere... I don't know the circumstances but you should be pretty cautious.
Don't post your seed here (just how many words you have in your seed), maybe you can post the wallet address, to have a look.
fulhamfan66 (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:10:14 PM

Hi again. It's a 12 phrase seed and it does work as I used it to get all the private keys for that seed, including my private one that shows zero. It does not show the key for the wallet with the money in because it's imported watch only for which they want me to buy the key off them. I don't intend to pay them for anything else.so I have the acc id, password and seedphrase but don't think I can get access to the wallet watch only with the money in. Would be nice if I could. If you want to see the acc i have no problem with that.
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:23:27 PM

It seems you have whole access to the wallet, you have wallet id, password and seed phrase, this is all what an original wallet owner needs to spend his money. I sugget to download electrum app, select sign in, then "I have seed" from standard option, enteryourr seed, you will be able to see and spend all balances that are related to this wallet
fulhamfan66 (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:18:43 PM

Even though its an imported wallet that i have no private key for?
fulhamfan66 (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:29:35 PM

A blockchain watch wallet at that
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:51:31 PM

Hi again. It's a 12 phrase seed and it does work as I used it to get all the private keys for that seed, including my private one that shows zero. It does not show the key for the wallet with the money in because it's imported watch only for which they want me to buy the key off them. I don't intend to pay them for anything else.so I have the acc id, password and seedphrase but don't think I can get access to the wallet watch only with the money in. Would be nice if I could. If you want to see the acc i have no problem with that.
Post the addresses you see (don't post private keys or seed). Especially the one the scammers have the bitcoins in and want to sell you the keys of it. I won't pay anything to a scammer, because you can't be sure that they will do what they promise. They won't accept any solution with escrow, because they don't want to send you any coins at the end. Also, if you offer them that you don't want to pay for keys but they have to send the coins to an address you control, and you pay after, they won't accept of course. I'm afraid you have lost those coins...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: