Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:37:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: where ever i go i get dirty looks  (Read 202 times)
ripplehd1 (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:05:38 PM

so this is me i work in a shop and people don't give me there cash in hand they put it aggressively on the counter and give me diry looks and walk away - should i commit suicide because of this because i've applied for jobs too and no one gets back to me. I feel like people are making life suck for me
twochain

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:18:39 PM

Just do you, don't worry about what others say or think. You should just mind your own business and not get irritated your point of having job is to make money I say just continue doing your job until you find a different job start applying at palaces while you are still employed Goodluck to you
cry4crypto

Activity: 140
Merit: 35

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:11:26 PM

I really hope you're not seriously considering suicide - if you do, please seek help. I don't know where you're based, but if you're in the US - please call the sucide prevention hotline here: 1-800-273-8255. Don't mind the people, you need to learn to accept and like yourself.
Diagonalwa

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:15:36 PM

Nah honestly it's probably you over thinking it and no one is actually giving you any looks. You'll find throughout life that people are more concerned about how they look than other people.
Cybeerian

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:20:07 AM

They're just being dicks. Keep smiling and sooner or later they'll lighten up.

Bitlord88

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:34:12 AM

Just please don't mind them, you are perfectly perfect the way you are and we all have problems in life no matter how established you see another individual is. Yes frankly speaking life is unfair basing from the status of living but I completely salute you for having an honest and dignified job. There are people there who will step on others just for their own greed and that's just not how to live. But you on the other hand, work with a clean heart. Just keep on living, you are on the right track! More blessings to you!
linkdead13

Activity: 330
Merit: 100

0x86dc77dFd74827c19B7AfF84Ab46D7f9504899dE

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 01:23:04 PM

No you shouldn't commit suicide. That should never ever be an option. Keep persisting in applications and you will eventually prevail.
tiax

Activity: 89

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 01:30:30 PM

so this is me i work in a shop and people don't give me there cash in hand they put it aggressively on the counter and give me diry looks and walk away - should i commit suicide because of this because i've applied for jobs too and no one gets back to me. I feel like people are making life suck for me https://i.imgur.com/1YGfF3W.jpg

Life is beautiful dude if you only know where to look.
stephaniezebene

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:51:43 PM

so this is me i work in a shop and people don't give me there cash in hand they put it aggressively on the counter and give me diry looks and walk away - should i commit suicide because of this because i've applied for jobs too and no one gets back to me. I feel like people are making life suck for me https://i.imgur.com/1YGfF3W.jpg

just change your style, dude! because you look like a homeless man. no offence!
people will start treating you in a different way (with more respect e.g.) if you don't look like a hobo.
appearance matters a lot!
kenzawak

Activity: 658
Merit: 851

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:05:55 PM

I don't get it ,what's the issue here ?
You're the guy behind the counter right ?
You don't need to wear a tie or a suit for this job so what's the problem ?Are you being rude to customers ?Do you smell ?Seriously ,I don't get it .
ripplehd1 (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:09:49 PM

You don't need to wear a tie or a suit for this job so what's the problem ?Are you being rude to customers ?Do you smell ?Seriously ,I don't get it .
No I'm not I am just acting normal and I don't understand either, I am even finding it tough to get other jobs and I've been behind this counter for 1 year
SillyGirl

Activity: 147
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:16:00 PM

I have some questions for you:
- where do you live? In some countries people are very rude to people who work in a shop, restaurant or other places where you serve customers.

- are you treating customers well and friendly? In my experience when you smile people smill back.

- are people rude to you in general or only when you are on your work?

AND PLEASE DO NOT CONSIDER TO COMMIT SUICIDE.
btcgolong

Activity: 451
Merit: 269

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:16:21 PM

so this is me i work in a shop and people don't give me there cash in hand they put it aggressively on the counter and give me diry looks and walk away - should i commit suicide because of this because i've applied for jobs too and no one gets back to me. I feel like people are making life suck for me

Where are you New Jersey?

Some people are D!cks, some people don't care and just want to complete a transaction, and sometimes (this is important) you might be interpreting their reactions based on a negative "self image" you hold of yourself.

The point moving forward, is to change how you feel about yourself.

Side question: do you have a family and many friends close by?  
kenzawak

Activity: 658
Merit: 851

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:19:56 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2018, 02:35:08 PM by kenzawak

No I'm not I am just acting normal and I don't understand either, I am even finding it tough to get other jobs and I've been behind this counter for 1 year

Well I guess the problem isn't you then .
As for applying to other jobs ,yeah you'll probably have to dress up a bit ...well it depends of the job .
But I don't see your look as a problem in this particular situation .
Anyway ,in a few months you'll be the owner of that shop...or maybe you are already ?

AnotherBTCNoob

Activity: 318
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:28:23 PM

I wouldn't worry about it mate. Unless you are being an asshole and offending people with the way you are coming across, it's their problem.

I liked this comment from Rag 'n' Bone Man and although it doesn't necessarily apply to you, it's a great line - ‘If you don’t like the way I look, that’s your problem’  Smiley
SillyGirl

Activity: 147
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:31:21 PM

You are a good looking guy.
Try a different style. Were something more formal. Do not wear a hoodie as it can be associated as anti social.
Give it a try.
Elporkours

Activity: 47

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:20:53 AM

Just move on its all nothing.
natnat93

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:44:18 AM

I'd say don't give it too much thought. Just take off your hoodie, maybe they're just scared :p smile, view life positively and you'll be great!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: