Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:56:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAM ArcBlock twitter duplicates  (Read 89 times)
Wind_Crypto (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 36

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:29:33 PM

Was using twitter to visit the arcblock twitter for updates when I saw several duplicates of the arcblock acc. Real: @ArcBlock_io

Fakes: @ArcBlock(2 underscores)io @ArcBlock(underscore)io(underscore)

They basically play around with the rearrangement of the underscore. Pls be extra careful in this case. They duplicate the main acc meticulously. Sometimes even providing the same announcements, telegram and website links, so it looks authentic. But then they begin to insert their own scam "private sale" forms in btw. Pls be careful.

Have already tweeted to the 22 followers on the fake with the private sale tweet. The other one has too many followers for me to notify. Some guru can help.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Duzenn

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:21:45 PM

Thanks for sharing. I'll be careful.
Because ArcBlock is a very hot item, so there may be a lot of fraudulent accounts trying to defraud. Have you got the official feedback? Huh

alexei635

Activity: 88
Merit: 11

ARCBLOCK - Born for Blockchain 3.0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:06:48 AM

Fraud attempts with ICO Arcblock, once again shows the enormity of the project. Be careful not only with Twitter but also email and other sources of information. Get all the information on the official website and in your account.

mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:26:45 AM

Thanks for bringing this up, scam sites have litter the space, another concern I have now is the number of phishing mail I received from scammer concerning most of these hyped ICOs, I received one today from fake Dadi account asking me to invest using one address and to me surprise you see people sending Ethers to the account
saycryptohello

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:36:30 AM

Thanks for the information. This project is quite popular among the community and there are scammers who want to earn in its popularity. And this case once again shows that you should only use official links, read the official thread of ArcBlock on the forum and just be careful.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: