Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:05:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: sha256 Best mining options?  (Read 3168 times)
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 12:59:12 PM

Hello,

i see pools that chose automatically the best coins, but only for scrypt coins. Then there is cryptoswitcher and so on. But is it worth it at all for Asics? I see zetacoin appearing in coinchoose and in 24 hours the advantage it had against bitcoins is eaten up. So are there ways to earn more with sha256 mining than bitcoins + merged mining?

It only looks like its not worth to spend time on it since all coins better than bitcoin are beaten down fast, so that bitcoin + merge mining seems the most stable now. Am i wrong?

Thanks!
Sebastian

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 11:01:01 AM

This is a great question.

What are the best Sha256 coins to mine with our aging hardware?
I'd personally not want  to keep switching between coins but find one and stick with it. Ideas?

Thx,
IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Asamoa

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 11:36:26 AM

You have to choose a coin still out of exchanges and use its low diff to gain big numbers of it.
Remember - every sha256 coins goes to exchange lately!
XJO is good candidat!
flound1129

Activity: 938

www.multipool.us

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 11:12:27 PM

Hello,

i see pools that chose automatically the best coins, but only for scrypt coins. Then there is cryptoswitcher and so on. But is it worth it at all for Asics? I see zetacoin appearing in coinchoose and in 24 hours the advantage it had against bitcoins is eaten up. So are there ways to earn more with sha256 mining than bitcoins + merged mining?

It only looks like its not worth to spend time on it since all coins better than bitcoin are beaten down fast, so that bitcoin + merge mining seems the most stable now. Am i wrong?

Thanks!
Sebastian

I just added an ASIC multiport on Multipool.us.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2013, 02:09:04 PM

Hello,

Thanks!
Sebastian

Cool... unfortunately too late for me but im sure you will get a lot users when this works and is known more. I see many that dont want the hassle to use cryptochanger and similar things. So your offer is ideal. You might post in such threads and ask them to test it... Smiley

thundertoe
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 03:43:02 PM

Mine TEKcoin before it hits an exchange and the diff skyrockets.
flound1129

www.multipool.us

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 03:44:08 PM

Hello,

Thanks!
Sebastian

Cool... unfortunately too late for me but im sure you will get a lot users when this works and is known more. I see many that dont want the hassle to use cryptochanger and similar things. So your offer is ideal. You might post in such threads and ask them to test it... Smiley

Where are these threads?

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:08:42 PM

Last I saw with mining profitability, BTC is still the best. So, mining BTC and then buying other CC's with BTC is the most cost effective way. Someone correct me if that has changed.
Of course, price says nothing for supporting another network and getting a CC stable and such.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
flound1129

www.multipool.us

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:24:41 PM

Last I saw with mining profitability, BTC is still the best. So, mining BTC and then buying other CC's with BTC is the most cost effective way. Someone correct me if that has changed.
Of course, price says nothing for supporting another network and getting a CC stable and such.

Some of the alts go over BTC at times.  There is so much hashpower out there right now that coins with fast difficulty adjustments or low diff in general get quickly mined and go back to a higher diff.

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 05:19:46 PM

Some of the alts go over BTC at times.  There is so much hashpower out there right now that coins with fast difficulty adjustments or low diff in general get quickly mined and go back to a higher diff.

Ah, thanks.

What is very interesting is that, due to "old" hardware becoming less effective for BTC, you are seeing (I think) a growing support for alt coins. (Even if as a hobby). It is sort of like a bunch of Gremlins poppin up all over. This is really nice as these Alt coins (e.g. Namecoin) might really server a valid function. Also, as ways to move in and out of BTC without going back to Fiat (there by avoiding taxes, at least currently).
I think we may be surprised what pops up regarding the alt coins. Maybe not real soon, but in the BTC future, they will be imo. And it is just a matter of time till one comes out that is really unique and does something shockingly well.

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2013, 06:27:43 PM

Hello,

Thanks!
Sebastian

Where are these threads?

Thats the threads that come to mind for me:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=146675.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=152515.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=172121.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=248173.0

Its all about finding the most profitable coin or software that automatically choses the best coin. I would have taken an offer for sure that allows me to automatically mine the best coin without setting anything up except a pool login.

flound1129

www.multipool.us

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 09:48:20 PM

Hello,

Thanks!
Sebastian

Where are these threads?

Its all about finding the most profitable coin or software that automatically choses the best coin. I would have taken an offer for sure that allows me to automatically mine the best coin without setting anything up except a pool login.

Well I don't really want to spam my pool in threads that are about software designed to do the same thing.  Coinchoose already links to us, maybe I should change my sig to mention the ASIC port though.

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2013, 09:54:41 PM

Hello,

Thanks!
Sebastian

Where are these threads?

Well I don't really want to spam my pool in threads that are about software designed to do the same thing.  Coinchoose already links to us, maybe I should change my sig to mention the ASIC port though.

Changing sig is a good idea. In the list of coins threads it wouldnt be spam. In the software threads it is probably. Though i think 2 posts wont lead to an angry mob. You can simply offer to try your pool and test its new feature. Maybe call it betatest where you want to be informed about wrong happenings and everyone understands your correct intention... Smiley I mean in those threads are the pros that can tell you when something doesnt work right...

lalakies23

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 06:21:35 AM

Betacoin is the best!
21coin

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

Sarthak's a dumb girl

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 09:52:22 AM

go for 21coin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426853.0

its growing fastly and most profitable SHA256 coin to mine right now

TakeiCoin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 09:57:47 AM

TakeiCoin is extremely profitable even without being on main exchanges (that's changing within the week).

http://takeicoin.org

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=452902.0

Plus a huge press release next week is due to make any coins mined now increase in value.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: