Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:25:21 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "Merit" effect on Negative Trust  (Read 766 times)
Bagaji (OP)

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 04:21:08 PM
Merited by XCANA (4), Ahiaba (2), Idrisu (1), wantjokull (1)

Now that "Merit" has been introduced into the forum in other to encourage high quality posts of members, would that have any positive effect on members who might have received negative trust as a result of shitpost and not scam accusation? Particularly if they receive "Merit" on their current post base on the high quality as compared to what their post use to be in the past.
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 04:28:49 PM

Yes, but only as a side effect of merit. I think actmyname and The Pharmacist are the only ones really leaving negative trust on the DT network to spammers, and actmyname has stated that he will review people who request it and remove the negative trust if he feels it's needed. I don't know if The Pharmacist has said anything, but I'd expect them to be reasonable and forgiving, if the user has actually improved.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
Glorious04

Activity: 392
Merit: 113

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:46:11 PM

Yes, but only as a side effect of merit. I think actmyname and The Pharmacist are the only ones really leaving negative trust on the DT network to spammers, and actmyname has stated that he will review people who request it and remove the negative trust if he feels it's needed. I don't know if The Pharmacist has said anything, but I'd expect them to be reasonable and forgiving, if the user has actually improved.
I am also thinking of, if the person who got a negative trust in the past got reasonsble amount of merits, since merits are acquired through the quality of our posts, will it not be contradictory to the fact that he got negative trust for shitposting? Or will there be a chance that his red trust be lost because of merits he gained for quality posts this time?

cho99

Activity: 224
Merit: 61

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:14:51 PM

I am also thinking of, if the person who got a negative trust in the past got reasonsble amount of merits, since merits are acquired through the quality of our posts, will it not be contradictory to the fact that he got negative trust for shitposting? Or will there be a chance that his red trust be lost because of merits he gained for quality posts this time?
I think for the users who've got negative trust for shitposting deserve a second chance to improve their post quality and I believe the new merit system could help those people to delete this negative trust ,  I have a suggestion to theymos :
- How about making a new rule for negative trusted users ,if they manage to get the merit amount to rank up then their negative trust will be removed , this will be a stimulating thing for them to improve the quality of their posts and reduce spammers .
Anyway I think everybody deserve a second chance not just wait for actmyname or the pharmacist to rewiw their posts and get forgiveness from them

VARANIDA ● ◉ ● Building A Better Internet
WhitePaper↾ ⊙ ⇂ Ann Thread
TwitterFacebookTelegramReddit
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5236
Merit: 13090

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:17:03 PM
Merited by otrkid70 (50), xxxgoodgirls (5), EFS (1), FFrankie (1), squatter (1), figmentofmyass (1), richminded (1)

That's partially why I sped up work on merit. I don't agree with using the trust system for pure spam; that's not what it was designed for.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
otrkid70

Activity: 920
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:27:37 AM

That's partially why I sped up work on merit. I don't agree with using the trust system for pure spam; that's not what it was designed for.

Finally. Love this very needed post to clarify your stance on what's been happening. +50 Merit points.....Wanted to give all 500
reypinioco

Activity: 182
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:13:52 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2018, 01:25:07 AM by reypinioco

Finally the forum owner speaks up,these DTs are having fun giving red trusts to anyone who they see posted "shitposts"according to their own standards.Ive been contacting these DTs but they ignored my request to remove it,and most of the people who got redtrust from them aren't native english speakers.

I added a trust system to the marketplace sections. When you're logged in, you'll now see something like this next to Marketplace posts:
Trust: 1: -0 / +12(3) [/quote

On feedback pages, you can leave trade feedback. There are no rules for this, but here are some guidelines:

- Do not rate people based on the quality of their posts

Redtrust according to you shouldnt be given based on quality of post.
Clearly some of these DTs are violating your own guidelines,isnt that unfair? i didnt scam people nor tried to,but they gave me red trust for a reason like this "This user writes generic shitposts. This pollutes bitcointalk to his benefit exclusively. Should NEVER be paid to post"

Get paid? I never wanted to join any of these campaigns,I am just here to learn something about cryptocurrencies.
Well if you ask me these DTs should receive some evaluation from the community before they got promoted.
And if these DTs received negative evaluation you should remove them from default trust list.

Oops if you do that,there will be some DTs that will surely be remove from the default trust
Lauda,actmyname,and ThePharmacist. Grin these three are obviously default trust abusers.

They have given redtrust to thousands of people according to their quality post.
You should know which of these DTs are doing their job thats why we need a voting system to promote and demote default trust.

And i wont be suprised if these three add me an extra red trust ratings for my bravery to speak.

Read Our WHITEPAPER              (((     BIDIUM     )))           Pre-ICO Active | Join NOW!
Revolutionizing Auction & Freelance Hiring with a Crypto Exchange Powered by Blockchain
███████████ |     FACEBOOK     |       TWITTER       |     TELEGRAM     | ███████████
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 06:09:10 AM

Finally. Love this very needed post to clarify your stance on what's been happening. +50 Merit points.....Wanted to give all 500
That doesn't make theymos any less wrong with his stance, and that doesn't make it any less likely that those other people aren't doing something else worth neg. rating. Time for the Pharmacist and AMN to turn into detectives.

Ive been contacting these DTs but they ignored my request to remove it,and most of the people who got redtrust from them aren't native english speakers.
Just because we shouldn't do it, that doesn't mean that those users haven't really deserved it.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
KurangKerjaan

Activity: 183
Merit: 11

Herok_X

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:28:56 AM

Please Theymos use Another ways, Dont use Merit system, its hard for people reach rank, even they post meaningfull post... i always see people just gave merit for Legendary only,

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 06:32:22 AM

Please Theymos use Another ways, Dont use Merit system, its hard for people reach rank, even they post meaningfull post... i always see people just gave merit for Legendary only,
Your posts are not meaningful, they are utter garbage. You are in no position to speak or argue against the system.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
KurangKerjaan

Activity: 183

Herok_X

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:51:52 AM

Your posts are not meaningful, they are utter garbage. You are in no position to speak or argue against the system.
Okay Lauda Cheesy

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
katinko

Activity: 196
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:55:10 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2018, 09:47:44 AM by katinko

I think even sir theymos said this we as a member of this forum specially for those users who already have red tagged in their account will be more responsible for every post they made. I think it has possibility that DT2 will remove that negative trust if they see that you will work to improve your/our post quality and that only remind us that this forum is not only for money we need to contribute more valuable post about the topic we want to reply.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 06:56:21 AM

I think even sir theymos said this we as a member of this forum specially for those users who already have red tagged in their account will be more responsible for every post they made. I think DT2 will remove that negative trust if they see that you will work to improve your/our post quality and that only remind us that this forum is not only for money we need to contribute more valuable post about the topic we want to reply.
No. Why would I be removing perfectly valid negatives based on merit points given by strangers? What a joke.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
kiver

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:21:43 AM

i know you are trying to protect the forum from the overwhelming spamming that been happening lately but i also hope you would put that new merit under some beta testing to watch for the abusing of the system as for my self what you might consider spam is people sharing their opinions with the community trying to spread the good word about crypto currency to help share the vision that we all share for crypto currencies in the future
fruit
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1023

habr

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:42:55 PM

Maybe you can rename the "trust" in something "concluded deals"?

~DefaultTrust (Trust - is fraud.)
Дoвepиe - этo paзнoвиднocть мoшeнничecтвa.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1125

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:15:28 PM

Okay Lauda Cheesy

You find that funny?

No More Farmer And Spammer For Increase his Rank!! Good bye, love u theymos Cheesy Nice System, i hate people at the marketplace just ask price, then not appear again, He just want to increasing  rank,,

It seems that 10 days ago knew how the system worked and that you wouldn't be ranking up anytime soon. Why the sudden change of attitude? Especially that you haven't made any effort to improve your posts in that time. You're still spamming altcoin threads with bullshit and forgetting to turn off your caps lock. Wink

Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:07:44 PM
Merited by fruit (1)

Just adding "trading" in front of trust should be enough for trust to be only for trades. Also, everything else can remain the same with the trusted and untrusted feedback.

"Concluded deals" somehow seems like it's only for successful deals and that would be ok if ones (who would otherwise get negative trust) get banned instead.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
barontamago

Activity: 143
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:21:14 AM

Yes, Probably negative trust is not the basis on giving the merit even you have a shitpost on your past their is no need to back there if your post is high quality giving a merit is easy they dont look at the trust you have the important is you help on people who have questions and help also the bitcoin forum.
minthit

Activity: 327

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:40:50 AM

I don't think it will have an impact on his/her trust score even if he makes some quality posts and receive merits.In addition, it's quite difficult to make good quality posts every time you do. Anyway, even if he has negative trust, it won't matter because I doubt people just look at the trust score and assume that he/she is unreliable. For me personally, I check the reasons behind the negative trust.
fruit
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1023

habr

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:50:38 AM

Just adding "trading" in front of trust should be enough for trust to be only for trades. Also, everything else can remain the same with the trusted and untrusted feedback.

"Concluded deals" somehow seems like it's only for successful deals and that would be ok if ones (who would otherwise get negative trust) get banned instead.
That's what I wanted to say.
You did better than me (thank you).
English is not my native language.

Trust is a very vague concept.

~DefaultTrust (Trust - is fraud.)
Дoвepиe - этo paзнoвиднocть мoшeнничecтвa.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: