Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:39:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy altcoins with USD without ID verification!  (Read 200 times)
GeorgeFeb (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:21:08 PM

Hi there!

Since I'm not interested in Bitcoin and want to invest only in altcoins I wonder are there any good services where one could buy top alts using fiat?

Would like to hear from people who has had a positive experience and get some links to the services/exchanges!

Thank you very much!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jayhal

Activity: 32
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:26:33 PM

Hi there!

Since I'm not interested in Bitcoin and want to invest only in altcoins I wonder are there any good services where one could buy top alts using fiat?

Would like to hear from people who has had a positive experience and get some links to the services/exchanges!

Thank you very much!

Are you worried about keeping track of your capital gains / taxes?   Most of the time when you buy BTC with fiat and then on the same day buy altcoins, you end up with no gain. 

There are a few exchanges out there that accept Euro straight into crypto assets.   I believe Kraken can handle this, too.   I suppose it depends which fiat currency you wish to exchange for the crypto assets.

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1194565)
GeorgeFeb (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:32:00 PM

Can't trust anyone these days, especially governments!

Well, as I said I don't want to buy Bitcoins at all!

Thanks mate, I'll check Kraken!

Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:07:17 PM

It mostly depends on the particular coin that you need. Bitcoin is the most liquid one so the easiest way is just to fund your Bitfinex account with fiat and then buy an altcoin for it. On Bitfinex the most popular altcoins (ETH, BCH, NEO, LTC and many other) have pairs to USD. You can also toss altcoins to other exchanges to find a needed pair, just don't forget to check fees. If you want you can also buy Tether (USDT) and then buy a needed alt with it (on Binance for example), most exchanges accept it.
P.S. Once you have crypto you can use shapeshift.io sometimes it help to avoid some fees and make a faster exchange.
GeorgeFeb (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:19:41 PM

Hey thanks!

I know about USDT, but last time I went to their website registration was closed, maybe it's open now, I dunno!

Kraken seems to be allowing one to deposit up to 2k EUR on tier 2 which doesn't require ID verification and that's great, I'll try it and see if it actually the case!

Thanks again!

chukaday

Activity: 210
Merit: 104

⚡ Property-secured P2P lending ⚡

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:40:04 PM

If you can get access to Tether than that would help you immensely because I know Cryptopia accepts USDT on top of NZDT (don't know if you can get New Zealand currency easily or not) but other than that your options are somewhat limited. You can however, buy Ethereum and use a DEX like Etherdelta. That way you don't touch bitcoin but you can get just about any altcoin out there, I hope that helps you bud cheers  Smiley

GeorgeFeb (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:51:09 PM

If you can get access to Tether than that would help you immensely because I know Cryptopia accepts USDT on top of NZDT (don't know if you can get New Zealand currency easily or not) but other than that your options are somewhat limited. You can however, buy Ethereum and use a DEX like Etherdelta. That way you don't touch bitcoin but you can get just about any altcoin out there, I hope that helps you bud cheers  Smiley

It all depends on Tether now coz it's still unavailable due to maintenance!

Kraken could load one with problems of conversion to EUR and whatnot, I didn't like what I read on the support page, so it goes bye, bye!

Bitfinex is out of question due to ID verification which is btw takes weeks to process, preposterous!

I'll check that DEX and hopefully get some Etherium, thanks man!

akamit

Activity: 1484
Merit: 595

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:10:55 PM

Hi there!

Thank you very much!

Usually, altcoin exchanges don't allow USD deposits. There are mainly 3 markets, btc, eth & usdt and you have to choose one of the three as your base currency.
So as  you don't want to go with bitcoin then you should go with eth and start trading at pure altcoin exchanges.
In order to buy eth you can use localbitcoins, you may already know that there you will get lots of options to pay.

But if you want to deposit USD directly in order to trade, then the payment options you have in front of you are credit/debit cards, bank wire, perfectmoney, advcash, payeer, capitalist.
If you ignore credit/debit card and bank wire, then you have to load other online payment processors. So you have to decide yourself and approcah with the easiest root.

As far as I know, there is no such services/exchanges available. But changelly.com offers some of the top altcoins and you can buy with credit/debit card I think. I haven't used their service till now.
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:13:07 PM

A better way would be buying BTC(i know you said you're not interested in bitcoin, but you have no choice) on localbitcoins or paxful directly from other people, you won't be asked for any ID, then deposit BTC on binance and buy whatever altcoins you want to. i hope this is helpful.

Even if tether site was up you won't be able to deposit fiat without verification, you can however buy USDT on kraken and send it anywhere it's accepted. i would suggest you to avoid dealing in USDT.

Kraken could load one with problems of conversion to EUR and whatnot, I didn't like what I read on the support page, so it goes bye, bye!
What do you mean?
albio87

Activity: 252
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:51:31 PM

from what i know the only way to buy BTC without ID verification is to use Localbitcoin or you should find someone who sell you BTC in person or, through forum and internet site, but you should always use a trusted escrow to have a safe transaction
GeorgeFeb (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:53:28 PM

Hi there!

Thank you very much!

Usually, altcoin exchanges don't allow USD deposits. There are mainly 3 markets, btc, eth & usdt and you have to choose one of the three as your base currency.
So as  you don't want to go with bitcoin then you should go with eth and start trading at pure altcoin exchanges.
In order to buy eth you can use localbitcoins, you may already know that there you will get lots of options to pay.

But if you want to deposit USD directly in order to trade, then the payment options you have in front of you are credit/debit cards, bank wire, perfectmoney, advcash, payeer, capitalist.
If you ignore credit/debit card and bank wire, then you have to load other online payment processors. So you have to decide yourself and approcah with the easiest root.

As far as I know, there is no such services/exchanges available. But changelly.com offers some of the top altcoins and you can buy with credit/debit card I think. I haven't used their service till now.

Ok, thank you!

I thought about Changelly, but after reading user's complaints I decided to stay away from it, it seemed to good to be true!

GeorgeFeb (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:56:48 PM

A better way would be buying BTC(i know you said you're not interested in bitcoin, but you have no choice) on localbitcoins or paxful directly from other people, you won't be asked for any ID, then deposit BTC on binance and buy whatever altcoins you want to. i hope this is helpful.

Even if tether site was up you won't be able to deposit fiat without verification, you can however buy USDT on kraken and send it anywhere it's accepted. i would suggest you to avoid dealing in USDT.

What do you mean?

Good to know! G, always that damn ID verification!

Well those kinda problems:

Always convert to EUR before sending your deposit. Deposits sent in a currency other than EUR have to be converted to EUR en route and this is likely to cause delays, additional fees, and routing problems.

For USD is takes 3-5 days which is no go for me!

Thanks for the input!

Koro-Sensei

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:45:52 PM

Hi there!

Thank you very much!
You will need to atleast obtain Bitcoin or Ethereum for starting and for fees to trade. Trading is impossible if you don't have and Id Verification we all have that hard times when it comes to Id Verification what can we do it's in the rules of every trading sites
Since I'm not interested in Bitcoin
You should be
GeorgeFeb (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:00:45 PM

Hi there!

Thank you very much!
You will need to atleast obtain Bitcoin or Ethereum for starting and for fees to trade. Trading is impossible if you don't have and Id Verification we all have that hard times when it comes to Id Verification what can we do it's in the rules of every trading sites
Since I'm not interested in Bitcoin
You should be

Oh no, not every, you can trade fiat Forex, shmorex up to 5k green no questions asked, well, one sure should provide some basic ID and it won't take more than 5 mins!

I have been in 2014, now train is lost so I'm interested only in altcoins atm!

Cheers!

Aleister Crowley

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:20:42 PM

Bitfinex is out of question due to ID verification which is btw takes weeks to process, preposterous!
bitfinex is quite annoying to follow. I am not too intense to play there., to exchange for you to trade I put you playing in bittrex., I have played my funds there long enough and until now nothing has ever happened.
GeorgeFeb (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:27:50 PM

bitfinex is quite annoying to follow. I am not too intense to play there., to exchange for you to trade I put you playing in bittrex., I have played my funds there long enough and until now nothing has ever happened.

Aha, good, so in anyways how long that ID verification took for you, should I ever bother with it, I'd like to know?

shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 11:38:28 PM

Yeah, just use cryptopia, or kucoin.
Thank you very much!

Far as i know, they are the only exchanges that will allow you to sell and buy altcoins in there without providing a KYC with ID's and proofs of residence in there.

Anyway, Binance is much more better than those.

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
exchange.blue

Activity: 420
Merit: 40

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:42:21 PM

try yobit
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:46:41 AM

Aha, good, so in anyways how long that ID verification took for you, should I ever bother with it, I'd like to know?
You should. Exchanges ask for ID verification, not only to keep your personal info in the database in case you do something wrong/illicit, but they also ask for this for your own safety. If something happens with your account (for example, it gets hacked), how do think they're going to verify that you're the original owner of the account? 

and btw, earlier you said :
What did you mean by this? if you can't trust the govt, then who can you trust? exchanges that don't ask ID verification? what exactly do you think the government is going to do if you provide your ID to exchanges? recommend that you think this through and then just go to a trusted exchange and give them what they ask.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
GeorgeFeb (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:58:23 AM

You should. Exchanges ask for ID verification, not only to keep your personal info in the database in case you do something wrong/illicit, but they also ask for this for your own safety. If something happens with your account (for example, it gets hacked), how do think they're going to verify that you're the original owner of the account? 

and btw, earlier you said :
What did you mean by this? if you can't trust the govt, then who can you trust? exchanges that don't ask ID verification? what exactly do you think the government is going to do if you provide your ID to exchanges? recommend that you think this through and then just go to a trusted exchange and give them what they ask.

Extensive, thanks for the information mate, will defo think it through!

Let's just say you know what I mean and won't have that conversation here! Smiley

Thanks to everyone!

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: