Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:34:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ANT vs ANT - Aragon or ANTScoin?  (Read 109 times)
sumolpunk (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:25:30 PM

Ok just wanted to seek some clarity as I had wondered if there was some official governing body that chooses coin/token acronyms to ensure there are no identical/crossover names.  I know there has been some controversy specifically in regard to which fork might retain or take over the bitcoin / btc name but one has to be really careful these days when trading between exchanges.

For example, today I was looking at trading pairs and saw that both HitBTC and Stocks.Exchange both have a BTC/ANT pair but the diff in satoshis currently trading was a huge gap and almost looked too good to be true.  Luckily before I jumped in I had a funny feeling because on Stocks.Exchange next to the ANT/BTC was also ANTScoin instead of Aragon as I expected.

Doing some research I see Aragon is always referred to as ANT but ANTScoin is sometimes ANT and sometimes ANN.  One is a coin and the other is a token but with the same acronym I just have to wonder how many people fell victim to what they thought was a great buy (and maybe it still was, who knows) but then couldn't trade it elsewhere as expected because it was the wrong coin/token.
sumolpunk (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:27:12 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2018, 05:39:27 PM by sumolpunk

I found a third version now...just ANT coin without the S and uses ANC???  This is getting insane quickly.

edit: just found that ANC (ANT Coin) is actually now rebranded as NEO
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: