Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 11:54:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto ATM - Would you use them?  (Read 583 times)
allycn

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:35:33 PM

For some people it isn't that easy to access an exchange (they might not have a bank account, a credit/debit card, etc.), some may not want to provide a government ID as some exchanges require, so having the Fiat to Crypto ATM is a good option.
I would prefer it if it was the other way around, being able to withdraw Fiat from your crypto accounts (of course this would also depend on the exchange rates and fees to withdraw).  But, I still feel safer handling those transactions at home, because I am not sure how much info can be "recorded" by those machines.
Vladv26

Activity: 321
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:40:54 PM

I think crypto atm's are great and they help a lot of people. First of all it is a lot easier to just go with cash and buy directly from the atm and it sends your bitcoin to you wallet directly by showing you qr code to the machine. You just introduce the money and thats all. When we are talking about an exchanger, first of all you have to create an account, then probably verify it and you also need a credit card(not all exchangers accept it) to buy bitcoin. The fees are undoubtedly smaller at the online exchangers but it could be difficult for a newbie, so it is easier for them to choose the atm.

J A C K B I T   |   FreeSpins & FreeBets      Welcome Bonus     Rakeback VIP Club
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   C R Y P T O   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K   ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:59:17 PM

Lately, I have been seeing many crypto ATM that converts cash into crypto. I am having a tough time understanding the logic behind such machines. I mean, why wouldn't I just go to an exchange and buy crypto? I see no added benefit other than the rather high fees being charged.

Would like to know if any of you have used such an ATM? If so, why?

If you have never used such an ATM, under what circumstances would you consider using it?

As far as it doesn't require my personal informations to be given for using it, then i wouldn't be having any problem in using it.
raniadaling

Activity: 91
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:36:16 AM

If I can automatically convert my digital assets into local fiat, then why the not?!
I will definitely use it!
dalesotpi

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:49:13 AM

Having a crypto atm is nothing short of an advancement in the milestone of digital assets!
This is just plain awesome!
I would definitely use it
LegendaryBrownie

Activity: 50

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:42:37 AM

Lately, I have been seeing many crypto ATM that converts cash into crypto. I am having a tough time understanding the logic behind such machines. I mean, why wouldn't I just go to an exchange and buy crypto? I see no added benefit other than the rather high fees being charged.

If you have never used such an ATM, under what circumstances would you consider using it?

It is more easy to use because whenever you need it, just open your account via internet. It is less hassle than the normal bank ATM people normally hide there money at.
Also there not much age restriction than the bank which needs 18+ above and requires 2 IDs to just open an account.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:53:52 AM

As far as it doesn't require my personal informations to be given for using it, then i wouldn't be having any problem in using it.
for now it seems that the most widely circulated in different countries is bitcoin ATM. in my own country there are 2 ATM bitcoin. and it's far from my town so I myself have never used it before. but I think ATM for crypto would be very helpful especially if you need cash immediately and you have bitcoin or altcoin of course you can get money quickly using ATM. yeah of course on condition they do not ask for identity or the like
valterkjellberg

Activity: 107
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:14:52 AM

Hmmm..... Maybe i will use them if the fee of withdraw is small. It can't be like fee transaction because the fee transaction is really insane. Fees should be about 0.2$ for each withdraw even how much you are withdrawing or else noone gonna use it.
AndrewBoltz

Activity: 80

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:18:45 AM

Hmmm..... Maybe i will use them if the fee of withdraw is small. It can't be like fee transaction because the fee transaction is really insane. Fees should be about 0.2$ for each withdraw even how much you are withdrawing or else noone gonna use it.

That's not the case right now.  Wink Maybe in the near future when TX problems on BTC is solved. Right now, its impractical to pay a 4-7% transactions fees on that machines. LOL
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:31:49 AM

I have heard a lot about bitcoin atm in bitcoin forum. But I still don't have the luck to use it. And I don't have any idea about is this arm is in anywhere in India.
Currently there are no BTC/Crypto ATMs in India, and given what the government is regarding cryptos as "not legal tender" I wouldn't expect to see an ATM being established in India soon.
oppasong

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:20:20 PM

It is basically a choice to do, for I want to use whatever form in cash withdrawal that most importantly can melt quickly and precisely.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1341

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 03:27:30 PM

I don't see a big need to use Bitcoin ATM. Their fees damn high and exchange rates are horrible. I would use it only in urgently case when I would need to buy or sell BTC immediately. But in all other cases, I prefer to use more convenient services to exchange crypto.
And even if I would want to try Bitcoin ATM, I would have to travel to other country. In my country there was only 2 Bitcoin ATM's, but both was closed recently because they weren't approved by local tax institution. As owners of these ATM's said, they were getting more popular and had more andmore customers day by day. So, despite all disadvantages, Bitcoin ATM's can find enough users to operate.

Yo_Seats

Activity: 14
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:30:46 PM

I understand why they exist.  Conventional banks are making it harder to move money to crypto.  Still, it seems that using an exchange is safer, easier and provides better tracking.  So, no I don't think I'd use a crypto ATM.
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:55:14 PM

I will be happy to use a Bitcoin atm if the fees is reasonable. But the atm I saw has a high fees of 15% which make me think twice of using it. I can easily buy Bitcoin in coinbase or localbitcoin at a lower fees.
mammothine

Activity: 117

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:05:13 PM

The fees are insane. Someone, somewhere, will introduce a better, cheaper ATM, perhaps with some fast and secure alts like LTC and DGB. It would change everything.
Virman01

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:19:51 PM

for now I have never used the machine, but it is not impossible I will use it, as long as it is really ready and feasible to use, not just hanye test event.
julosip

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:46:11 PM

To be honest, I do not see what a crypto atm can bring me what I can not do at a regular exchange. For fiat an ATM makes sense because paper money exists. But bitcoin is a digital currency. The only thing I can imagine is that a crypto ATM is good for buying bitcoin anonymous when all the exchanges get regulated. But I if that is the case, I doubt ATMs will stay not regulated for long.

I am 100% agree with this answer. Besides not all countries has such crypto atm and it will be impossible to use it at all.
carpencod

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:52:24 PM

We need crypto ATM's because we forgot the main purpose of bitcoin - It needs to be anonymous.

Governments regulation made every bitcoin account tied to your ID - KYC

BTC ATM's are the only option left to buy bitcoin and remain anonymous. - We need them.
nellakarisma

Activity: 582
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:10:51 PM

I have never used ATM crypto like that.
if ATM crypto is safer than wallet maybe i will use it because i will put or store my coin assets there
zelenkova

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:41:31 PM

Yes, just everything
Verification Phase
Getting a bitcoin-address for making a deposit
Depositing cash into ATM
Operation Confirmation
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print