Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 04:19:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto ATM - Would you use them?  (Read 572 times)
alekseidanilov0803

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:19:31 PM

Some contracts can not be provided because Russia has not yet introduced legal force for the crypto currency.
Baimovic

Activity: 1210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:37:26 AM

I've never tried it, and I have no imagine about crypto ATMs.

but for sure, I will look for more crypto and do the mining, then I will withdraw by using ATM crypto.

TitanAI

Activity: 232
Merit: 32

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:44:41 AM

I have used it 2 times so far and a few times I have sent some older persons to such ATMs, that have no clue about computers or bitcoin to buy some cause they wanted to make a payment in bitcoins. That said, I think that is one of the reasons why such ATMs would exist in the first place.

tatnM

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:00:39 AM

Lately, I have been seeing many crypto ATM that converts cash into crypto. I am having a tough time understanding the logic behind such machines. I mean, why wouldn't I just go to an exchange and buy crypto? I see no added benefit other than the rather high fees being charged.

Would like to know if any of you have used such an ATM? If so, why?

If you have never used such an ATM, under what circumstances would you consider using it?

This is just the beginning. Over time, they will be even larger and the range of services is also greater. The commission will gradually fall, everything goes to ensure that the crypt will drive out the Fiat!
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:05:28 AM

People will get used to with crypto ATMs and such step will help Bitcoin and other Cryptos to gain popularity and acceptance fast. Yes, I would use one.
J Gambler

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:13:16 AM

Lately, I have been seeing many crypto ATM that converts cash into crypto. I am having a tough time understanding the logic behind such machines. I mean, why wouldn't I just go to an exchange and buy crypto? I see no added benefit other than the rather high fees being charged.

If you have never used such an ATM, under what circumstances would you consider using it?

Well, I think I would. It would be a much more easier transaction for me if I could instantly turn my cryptocurrency or my bitcoin to cash just by withdrawing it on a cryptocurrency atm. This would be a major breakthrough if this happens because now, transaction costs can be reduced and people will have a much more easier access in changing their digital money to paper money and they can buy the things they are intended to buy

Y U MAD AT ME
Marileno

Activity: 215
Merit: 101

✔ Crypto portfolio | ✔ Telegram/APP

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:15:39 AM

I love the concept and would use them for sure, provided the security measures were in place to protect us and that cost comes WAYYYY down. Right now i am not convinced either of these issues are close to being dealt with. Too early.
CryptoBeefy

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:16:19 AM

If it was the other way around so you use your cryptocurrency to exchange for Fiat, I can see that being more popular. Most retail outlets don't accept crypto so it would give you an opportunity to convert and spend.
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:24:43 AM

Some countries that have legalized bitcoin as a means of payment or a legitimate transaction already require this tool in order to facilitate its users in the purchase transaction cryptocurrency. Another case for countries that have not issued permission to cryptocurrency and even claim to not support the use of cryptocurrency in their country. If there is a crypto atm in a country like this, I'm sure the machine will not make a significant change to the public transactions.
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:25:13 AM

Yes, if i need the money. It will be very useful if you are on vacation and got short. Instead of withdraw using your bank card then you can use your bitcoin instead because international transaction using your credit/debit card is actually expensive.

Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1538

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:31:42 AM

I wouldn’t use them to buy because they have very high fees. I’d prefer sell bitcoin using those ATMs but in my city they don’t have the sell option, if they did I would try to sell some bitcoin for instant cash,

Anewor

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:34:55 AM

There is not much of a difference between a crypto ATM and a real ATM. It's just another version of money in digital form. The records you see in the ATM is also money in digital form, except that it is yet to be converted to the common currency before, it can be cashed out directly unlike the real money. High fees might not be a great question for the ones who would want to invest in bitcoins. This is what they love and what they want to do to gain profit. And for most of the time it was also proven effective as an investment.
mdead

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:38:39 AM

If I need I have one of those atm's I will use them to buy crypto. Because there is no other way to buy crypto directly from website from my country.
So I will use them for buying crypto if its available to me.
Its a good move for crypto world.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:39:31 AM

A few years ago bitcoins were hard to get so I was thinking about using one of those things.
Unfortunatelly the next one in my area was a few hundred miles away, so I never made it there.
But the difficulty in getting bitcoins, that has changed.
Buying bitcoin online is really no problem anymore, I would not use an ATM today.
And I suppose many others think the same way. So I wonder how profitabe a bitcoin ATM can be these days especially when I think about the fees they demand.

It's me!!!
kiendepzai24

Activity: 45

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:40:44 AM

I never see a crypto ATM, if I found one, surely I would try it
Yea, i want try too, why not?
marjon

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:52:13 AM

Why can't give a try if we're passionate enough tackling things related to crypto. I would really love to discover and step on to exactly know limitations of Bitcoin regardless of its uncertainty.
Cryptorianer

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:09:02 AM

Definitely yes! In a few years when cryptocurrencies are less volatile Wink
MattMurdockxDD

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:29:33 AM

Have you checked the exchange rate and the transaction fees for crypto ATM's? If they would offer faster transaction with lesser fees then I think it is just logical to use them instead of exchanges. Plus the fact that crypto ATM's offers convenience in getting fiat money. So with every angle considered I think crypto ATM's would be better than the traditional exchanges.
royalbittinz

Activity: 382

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:46:11 AM

[/quote]

I think if you are travelling around and don't want to use credit cards (with all the fees they charge when you use them outside the country), these ATMs are handy. You stock up with bitcoin before you go, and then use the ATM to convert to cash at your destination.
[/quote]

This come in handle, especially when I have enough money in my crypto account.
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:50:46 AM

To be honest, whilst I do see that crypto ATMs may become a thing of necessity in the future, I really don't think there is much of a market for them, except perhaps in a few specific regions. However, as cryptocurrency becomes increasingly widespread, and merchant acceptance increases, we may find a society where pretty much everywhere accepts crypto payment. I think these ATM companies are just getting their foot in the door, so that when crypto really takes off, they'll have the first mover advantage. Still wondering how they're going to get around the KYC issues by distributing crypto from an ATM, plus the risks of chargebacks. Seems like a goldmine for scammers using stolen or duplicated credit cards.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: