Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:30:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Issue mixing MSI and Sapphire GPU's in same rig..  (Read 70 times)
Itsjo (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:26:30 PM

Hi I have an issue with adding an MSI rx 570 Gaming X 4g with a few sapphire pulse 580's 8gb. I had the sapphires running at 31 mhs each but when I added the MSI they all dropped towards 20. I updated the bios one by one with only one plugged in at a time and got them to 30+ each. For the MSI bios I had to use a patch and edit command prompt in admin mode. When I plugged all 5 in together, only the brand the HDMI plugged into would mine. E.g. if I plugged my HDMI into the MSI, only the MSI would mine. But if I plugged the HDMI into one of the sapphires, only the 4 sapphires would mine.. I'm able to see all of the GPU's in the afterburner but idk. I haven't been able to find anything that has the same situation as mine so I'm kind of stuck. Does anyone have an idea about what I'm doing wrong?
treanski

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:38:45 PM

sounds really weird...

something i would try

-check if mainboardbios settings are right
4g decoding on, pcie = gen 1 all
disable everything you dont need

-ddu +  install new driver with device manager

for later than blockchain driver
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0002
add dword KMD_EnableInternalLargePage=2 in registry for gpu workloadmode

disable crossfire and ulps in registry
EnableCrossFireAutoLink=0
EnableUlps=0

maybe you fucked something up with bios?
reflash stock bios and recheck

are your risers alright? connect with 4 or 6pin never with sata, you wouldnt believe how many problems risers can cause

the brand is not the problem im pretty sure, i have everything mixed up...580´s/vegas from all brands working fine Cheesy

Itsjo (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:00:48 PM

sounds really weird...

something i would try

-check if mainboardbios settings are right
4g decoding on, pcie = gen 1 all
disable everything you dont need

-ddu +  install new driver with device manager

for later than blockchain driver
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0002
add dword KMD_EnableInternalLargePage=2 in registry for gpu workloadmode

disable crossfire and ulps in registry
EnableCrossFireAutoLink=0
EnableUlps=0

maybe you fucked something up with bios?
reflash stock bios and recheck

are your risers alright? connect with 4 or 6pin never with sata, you wouldnt believe how many problems risers can cause

the brand is not the problem im pretty sure, i have everything mixed up...580´s/vegas from all brands working fine Cheesy

Okay thanks I'll try that out once I get home thank you! Yeah the risers are powered through Sata.. I'll switch it to periph and see if that changes anything. I don't know if I fucked up the BIOS.. if the HDMI is plugged into the MSI card it mines at 30 mh/s but I'll run a DDU on it and retry. If not I might just give up and wait for a decent priced Sapphire in stock.
cryptbro

Activity: 82

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:10:07 PM

try plugging in the hdmi to the motherboard? you have integrated graphics? maybe check out one of those fake hdmi plugs from amazon.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: