Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 01:51:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 📌How to invest in ICO more safely? Checklist📌  (Read 1455 times)
martina14

Activity: 1190
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:45:07 PM

ONE of the best thread in this BTT forum,
the supporting message really fits the title of the thread, this is very informative and i love to see more post from this guy. i will follow and look for your post on this thread everyday, this forum really need guys like this one. salute you sir!

mebeforeyou2411

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:46:29 PM

try to buy only major coins and be aware of holding your coins-tokens at exchange. Buy a hardware wallet and forget your investments for years. Come back after few years and enjoy your earnings this is the safiest way to get profit in crypto
Ranyar (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

Be kind to each other

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:39:44 PM

the supporting message really fits the title of the thread, this is very informative and i love to see more post from this guy. i will follow and look for your post on this thread everyday, this forum really need guys like this one. salute you sir!

Many thanks for your kind words, friend!
I still do not have a high rank on this forum, but I'm very happy when I read reviews about what I wrote something really useful and interesting. I hope that the moderators will once pin this topic somewhere in a prominent place and the newcomer will make fewer mistakes.
Igorgnome

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

Power to gnomes!

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:00:44 PM

wow this is a really helpful explanation for the investors, thanks for that, I think this thread deserves an additional merit because this is really very helpful, but for a good ICO I judge the current project is daneel.io, ICO will started in january 29, I think daneel is a good project, what do you think? if you think this is good, i suggest you also join in it
www.danee.io
Hello friend. I also chose this project from the countless other bounty. When the selection was guided by the advice of Ranyar, which he published in this thread. It is a kind of test for me. If the project is profitable I need a minimum of the next 10 smerican'm going to put to the author. Anyone interested, click on signature.

By the way, Ranyar you have not seen this project before? Do you think he deserves the attention? Asanimals bounty only a few months. Your advice would be invaluable.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
BitHerring

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:01:26 PM
Merited by Ranyar (1)

Good job, man. I do not think that I would have enough patience and knowledge for such a lengthy article. I sent you 1 merit, more I do not have because I was sick and could not write on the forum.
Because of this, I missed the last change of rank (

▶▶  BTCitcoin 2  ◀◀    ⚡ Scalable Bitcoin Fork with instant verified payments ⚡
░░░░▒▒▒▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████████████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░░
Low Fees ✲ ✲ Truly Anonymous TransactionsJoin the discussion thread
Ranyar (OP)

Be kind to each other

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:24:09 PM

Good job, man. I do not think that I would have enough patience and knowledge for such a lengthy article. I sent you 1 merit, more I do not have because I was sick and could not write on the forum.
Because of this, I missed the last change of rank (

Thanks dude! I really tried very hard.
In occasion of your rank - do not worry and get patience. I was shocked too by this innovation with merits, but probably they were made for a reason. I'll put the first merit in your piggy bank. Good luck to you!
sclmte

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:11:01 PM

Many thanks for your kind words, friend!
I still do not have a high rank on this forum, but I'm very happy when I read reviews about what I wrote something really useful and interesting. I hope that the moderators will once pin this topic somewhere in a prominent place and the newcomer will make fewer mistakes.
Hopefully it would be that way, so newbie won't make threads keep on asking same questions. I know dude you've learn a lot in these forum, maybe I'm asking to share more from you. I mean, not all in here can do like these but for sure you're is still a lot interesting knowledge to share. Goodluck dude.
Endorphinity

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:14:55 PM

In order for an investment in ICO to be safe, you must carefully study the project before investing in it. This will save you from many mistakes.

photo123

Activity: 198

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:37:04 PM

Greetings, friends!
I spent 14 hours to writing and translating this article, and it covers all of my experience, starting in 2013 year. Please forgive me for my bad English. I hope that this article will be useful for each of you, friends.

Today I decided to collect all my experience related to crypto-investment in one article.
There is a lot of information and it is very voluminous, but I will try to present it more abstractly and briefly.
So, the security of crypto investment can be divided into two sections: technical and analytical. Do not neglect any of them. Perhaps for some of you these recommendations will seem obvious, but for sure everyone will find something useful for themselves, especially beginners.

Technical factors - storage and trading - where and how is the best?

📌Wallets. It is reasonable to store crypto-currencies on desktop and hardware wallets (something like Ledger). Sometimes it is not very convenient, but then nobody can "freeze" your savings and they will be controlled only by you. It is not necessary to store crypto-currencies in wallets with centralized control of funds. It is better to use the generally recognized opensource-wallets, which have already earned the trust of the community;

📌Backup. Never forget about backing up your wallet, for example wallet.dat files, pin codes and private keys! Perhaps, it's worth duplicating the backup copy in the cloud storage - but only in an encrypted form;

📌Operating system. To store crypto currency on desktop wallets, it is more reasonable and safer to use Linux operating systems, Ubuntu for example;

📌Passwords. Use complex passwords consisting of at least 8 characters (more characters are preferred), including numbers and letters of different registers. You can come up with a mnemonic rule to not forget such a complicated password. Additional security measures - using the on-screen keyboard to enter a password, as well as two-factor authentication;

📌Exchanges. When trading with crypto currency, try not to store large sums there, and transfer exactly the same amount of funds as you need to conduct a particular transaction, can with a small margin in case of a sharp change in the exchange rate. Why? Because many exchanges are unavailable at the most inopportune moment, and many are completely rapidly closed, while others are periodically the target of hacker attacks. Try not to use the services of centralized illegal exchanges without extreme necessity, especially those that have already proved themselves from the bad side (they were "hacked" or closed for a long period). It is better to use decentralized crypto-exchange exchanges, such as Bitshares and Etherdelta.

Ranyar thanks,

this is good info thanks for sharing..
Ranyar (OP)

Be kind to each other

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:09:26 PM

Greetings, friends!
I spent 14 hours to writing and translating this article, and it covers all of my experience, starting in 2013 year. Please forgive me for my bad English. I hope that this article will be useful for each of you, friends.

Today I decided to collect all my experience related to crypto-investment in one article.
There is a lot of information and it is very voluminous, but I will try to present it more abstractly and briefly.
So, the security of crypto investment can be divided into two sections: technical and analytical. Do not neglect any of them. Perhaps for some of you these recommendations will seem obvious, but for sure everyone will find something useful for themselves, especially beginners.

Technical factors - storage and trading - where and how is the best?

📌Wallets. It is reasonable to store crypto-currencies on desktop and hardware wallets (something like Ledger). Sometimes it is not very convenient, but then nobody can "freeze" your savings and they will be controlled only by you. It is not necessary to store crypto-currencies in wallets with centralized control of funds. It is better to use the generally recognized opensource-wallets, which have already earned the trust of the community;

📌Backup. Never forget about backing up your wallet, for example wallet.dat files, pin codes and private keys! Perhaps, it's worth duplicating the backup copy in the cloud storage - but only in an encrypted form;

📌Operating system. To store crypto currency on desktop wallets, it is more reasonable and safer to use Linux operating systems, Ubuntu for example;

📌Passwords. Use complex passwords consisting of at least 8 characters (more characters are preferred), including numbers and letters of different registers. You can come up with a mnemonic rule to not forget such a complicated password. Additional security measures - using the on-screen keyboard to enter a password, as well as two-factor authentication;

📌Exchanges. When trading with crypto currency, try not to store large sums there, and transfer exactly the same amount of funds as you need to conduct a particular transaction, can with a small margin in case of a sharp change in the exchange rate. Why? Because many exchanges are unavailable at the most inopportune moment, and many are completely rapidly closed, while others are periodically the target of hacker attacks. Try not to use the services of centralized illegal exchanges without extreme necessity, especially those that have already proved themselves from the bad side (they were "hacked" or closed for a long period). It is better to use decentralized crypto-exchange exchanges, such as Bitshares and Etherdelta.

Ranyar thanks,

this is good info thanks for sharing..

You are welcome, friend!
These are just the basics, but many newcomers do not know this and can lose their money. Show my article to your friends - maybe this will save them from many mistakes in the future.
Mrrr

Activity: 617
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:52:27 PM
Merited by Ranyar (1)

Nice work typing this all up. Its a jungle out there.

You might want to include the % of tokens up for ICO vs total supply as something to analyze (maybe add to the hardcap part). Some ICOs go very far in obfuscating what part of the pie you are actually getting. An ICO with a 15 million USD hard cap might look nice until you find out only 5% of total supply is going towards the ICO and 95% to management. So look at hard cap, total supply and % of tokens up for ICO. Also look at what will happen to the remainder of the tokens.

burp...
Igorgnome

Power to gnomes!

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:23:30 AM

You might want to include the % of tokens up for ICO vs total supply as something to analyze (maybe add to the hardcap part). Some ICOs go very far in obfuscating what part of the pie you are actually getting. An ICO with a 15 million USD hard cap might look nice until you find out only 5% of total supply is going towards the ICO and 95% to management. So look at hard cap, total supply and % of tokens up for ICO. Also look at what will happen to the remainder of the tokens.
Well, if the remaining tokens are burned, how it affects the ICO as a whole? If the tokens are frozen? If tokens remain at the disposal of the team? I just wonder what options may be and what the fate of the remaining tokens may be influenced.

Ranyar (OP)

Be kind to each other

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:31:35 AM

Very true remark. This is really worth paying attention to and I will add this item to the next version of my list.
Bananiheller

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:00:43 PM

I thank the author for good and useful content for the forum. Keep the browser tab. I will use these tips.
Igorgnome

Power to gnomes!

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:35:03 PM

Very true remark. This is really worth paying attention to and I will add this item to the next version of my list.

I've been thinking. A person may be the choice of the ICO to buy tokens or to participate in the bounty company. The criteria can vary greatly. Many of the principles are universal, but I think that article is written just for buyers tokens. If a person wants to purchase a token,he doesn't need to think about it. Can you write a short article with tips for bounty hunters? I think you have something to say about it.

CryptoDemonElite

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:37:57 PM

Thanks I can add this to my ico check list.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:43:55 PM

I've been thinking. A person may be the choice of the ICO to buy tokens or to participate in the bounty company. The criteria can vary greatly. Many of the principles are universal, but I think that article is written just for buyers tokens. If a person wants to purchase a token,he doesn't need to think about it. Can you write a short article with tips for bounty hunters? I think you have something to say about it.
There will be no big differences between buying tokens and participating in bounty campaigns. If you consider your time is money then you need same criteria to be checked for both.

Unfortunately people are ready to spend their efforts anywhere but they do concern about their money alone with more care. We can analyze any ICO for taking participating into bounty campaigns by using OP's methodologies. Always double check any new project before you investing or supporting them. That will help you for avoiding scammy and less potential projects.
Epimetheus
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:49:04 PM

There are certain factors you should consider before investing in any ICO but the most important ones are -

1. IDEA - always look projects which are unique as these products have higher chances to grow.

2. Marketing team - a strong team is essential for better publicity of project as a strong marketing is very essential for an ico to raise a healthy some of money which will be needed for the development of the project.

3. Popularity - popular products tend to rise more quickly and are able to produce huge amount of returns.
DedStan

Activity: 110

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:52:53 AM

Thank you for the material! It is useful for beginners.
Ranyar (OP)

Be kind to each other

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:11:13 AM

wow this is a really helpful explanation for the investors, thanks for that, I think this thread deserves an additional merit because this is really very helpful, but for a good ICO I judge the current project is daneel.io, ICO will started in january 29, I think daneel is a good project, what do you think? if you think this is good, i suggest you also join in it
www.danee.io
Hello friend. I also chose this project from the countless other bounty. When the selection was guided by the advice of Ranyar, which he published in this thread. It is a kind of test for me. If the project is profitable I need a minimum of the next 10 smerican'm going to put to the author. Anyone interested, click on signature.

By the way, Ranyar you have not seen this project before? Do you think he deserves the attention? Asanimals bounty only a few months. Your advice would be invaluable.

As for your choice of daneel.io as a bounty. I have some doubts about the reorganization of the bounty campaign right in the middle of the bounty, but overall the project seems interesting. There is a certain hype around the project, in the bounty there are quite a few participants. The project has competitors but there are not so many yet and daneel.io has some chances to take its share in the market.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: