Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:13:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 📌How to invest in ICO more safely? Checklist📌  (Read 1455 times)
Ranyar (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

Be kind to each other

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:46:33 PM

A very detailed analysis on how to invest on a good ICO. Thank you for this valuable information.

Thank you for reading and kind words, my friend!
Perhaps you have some ideas, what else can I add to my article? It seems to me that in this topic everything is already listed on what is worth paying attention to when choosing an ICO for an investment. But what if there's something else left?
Tuareg33rus

Activity: 82
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:04:35 AM
Merited by Ranyar (1)

Nice checklist, I bookmarked it for further implementation.

In our local forum branch there is similar topic ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2853177.msg29913337#msg29913337 ) and author also did good job. I posted referal link there because You was most first in it (as far I know) - please check out, maybe You will find something useful there.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬[ ❍  X A T R A  ❍ ]▬▬▬▬▬▬
【 The New Crypto Currency Revolution 】
Ranyar (OP)

Be kind to each other

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:16:26 AM

Nice checklist, I bookmarked it for further implementation.

In our local forum branch there is similar topic ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2853177.msg29913337#msg29913337 ) and author also did good job. I posted referal link there because You was most first in it (as far I know) - please check out, maybe You will find something useful there.

Thanks, dude!
You're right, I wrote my article first. Moreover, I originally wrote a Russian version of this article, you can find it here and read it in your native language https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2822403.0
verasity
Copper Member

Activity: 405
Merit: 0

Verasity is a Protocol and Product Layer Platform

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 09:28:39 AM

Great checklist! Thanks a lot.

Verasity is a Protocol and Product Layer Platform for Esports and Video Entertainment
Triss Merigold

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

The Future of Security Tokens

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:18:35 PM

Thank you author. This is very useful to me. I necessarily use this list to select a project.
In my opinion this is the most useful guide for newbie I've read.

Ranyar (OP)

Be kind to each other

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:24:41 PM

Thank you author. This is very useful to me. I necessarily use this list to select a project.

Thank you Triss!
What more can I add to this checklist? What do you think? Surely you still have some questions or you can share your experience with us.
Triss Merigold

Activity: 294

The Future of Security Tokens

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:41:32 AM

Thank you Triss!
What more can I add to this checklist? What do you think? Surely you still have some questions or you can share your experience with us.

Unfortunately I do not have enough experience to share it. And after reading your checklist, I have no questions.

Iamdeadlyz

Activity: 402
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:54:02 AM

Nice and amazing info! This helps out a lot of newbies! I hope they can read this to avoid scammy icos
easynote

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:13:46 AM

Greetings, friends!
I spent 14 hours to writing and translating this article, and it covers all of my experience, starting in 2013 year. Please forgive me for my bad English. I hope that this article will be useful for each of you, friends.

Today I decided to collect all my experience related to crypto-investment in one article.
There is a lot of information and it is very voluminous, but I will try to present it more abstractly and briefly.
So, the security of crypto investment can be divided into two sections: technical and analytical. Do not neglect any of them. Perhaps for some of you these recommendations will seem obvious, but for sure everyone will find something useful for themselves, especially beginners.

Technical factors - storage and trading - where and how is the best?

📌Wallets. It is reasonable to store crypto-currencies on desktop and hardware wallets (something like Ledger). Sometimes it is not very convenient, but then nobody can "freeze" your savings and they will be controlled only by you. It is not necessary to store crypto-currencies in wallets with centralized control of funds. It is better to use the generally recognized opensource-wallets, which have already earned the trust of the community;

📌Backup. Never forget about backing up your wallet, for example wallet.dat files, pin codes and private keys! Perhaps, it's worth duplicating the backup copy in the cloud storage - but only in an encrypted form;

📌Operating system. To store crypto currency on desktop wallets, it is more reasonable and safer to use Linux operating systems, Ubuntu for example;

📌Passwords. Use complex passwords consisting of at least 8 characters (more characters are preferred), including numbers and letters of different registers. You can come up with a mnemonic rule to not forget such a complicated password. Additional security measures - using the on-screen keyboard to enter a password, as well as two-factor authentication;

📌Exchanges. When trading with crypto currency, try not to store large sums there, and transfer exactly the same amount of funds as you need to conduct a particular transaction, can with a small margin in case of a sharp change in the exchange rate. Why? Because many exchanges are unavailable at the most inopportune moment, and many are completely rapidly closed, while others are periodically the target of hacker attacks. Try not to use the services of centralized illegal exchanges without extreme necessity, especially those that have already proved themselves from the bad side (they were "hacked" or closed for a long period). It is better to use decentralized crypto-exchange exchanges, such as Bitshares and Etherdelta.
Thanks. With all the ICO's getting buried one after the other because of the amount of new ICO's launching this guide seems that it might be worth the read.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Ranyar (OP)

Be kind to each other

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:38:37 PM

Greetings, friends!
I spent 14 hours to writing and translating this article, and it covers all of my experience, starting in 2013 year. Please forgive me for my bad English. I hope that this article will be useful for each of you, friends.

Today I decided to collect all my experience related to crypto-investment in one article.
There is a lot of information and it is very voluminous, but I will try to present it more abstractly and briefly.
So, the security of crypto investment can be divided into two sections: technical and analytical. Do not neglect any of them. Perhaps for some of you these recommendations will seem obvious, but for sure everyone will find something useful for themselves, especially beginners.

Technical factors - storage and trading - where and how is the best?

📌Wallets. It is reasonable to store crypto-currencies on desktop and hardware wallets (something like Ledger). Sometimes it is not very convenient, but then nobody can "freeze" your savings and they will be controlled only by you. It is not necessary to store crypto-currencies in wallets with centralized control of funds. It is better to use the generally recognized opensource-wallets, which have already earned the trust of the community;

📌Backup. Never forget about backing up your wallet, for example wallet.dat files, pin codes and private keys! Perhaps, it's worth duplicating the backup copy in the cloud storage - but only in an encrypted form;

📌Operating system. To store crypto currency on desktop wallets, it is more reasonable and safer to use Linux operating systems, Ubuntu for example;

📌Passwords. Use complex passwords consisting of at least 8 characters (more characters are preferred), including numbers and letters of different registers. You can come up with a mnemonic rule to not forget such a complicated password. Additional security measures - using the on-screen keyboard to enter a password, as well as two-factor authentication;

📌Exchanges. When trading with crypto currency, try not to store large sums there, and transfer exactly the same amount of funds as you need to conduct a particular transaction, can with a small margin in case of a sharp change in the exchange rate. Why? Because many exchanges are unavailable at the most inopportune moment, and many are completely rapidly closed, while others are periodically the target of hacker attacks. Try not to use the services of centralized illegal exchanges without extreme necessity, especially those that have already proved themselves from the bad side (they were "hacked" or closed for a long period). It is better to use decentralized crypto-exchange exchanges, such as Bitshares and Etherdelta.
Thanks. With all the ICO's getting buried one after the other because of the amount of new ICO's launching this guide seems that it might be worth the read.

Now you need to be especially careful when investing in the ICO. Scammers have become much smarter and it is already very difficult to distinguish a normal acting project from a scam even having such a check-list at hand. But still it's better than nothing.
aceat64

Activity: 307
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:28:34 PM

This is a very detailed instruction on a right selection of the project, ideally to choose the ICO so at least 4-5 hours, I try to take into account the main criteria such as the characteristics of the coin and roadmap.
Ranyar (OP)

Be kind to each other

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:47:55 AM

This is a very detailed instruction on a right selection of the project, ideally to choose the ICO so at least 4-5 hours, I try to take into account the main criteria such as the characteristics of the coin and roadmap.

You're absolutely right, friend.
4-5 hours - this is the time it takes to analyze the ICO. And what if the projects for analysis are 10 or 20?
Then the audit of projects takes several days and most of them can be eliminated. But this time is not a big price to reduce the risk of meeting a scam project.
The time spent on audit is also an investment.
CryptikEnigma

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:49:15 PM

This is the perfect article on how to properly select ICO, personally for me very useful because I was almost desperate because of constant scam
Balab01

Activity: 462

B пoиcкe

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:30:16 PM

a very useful article deserving 1000 merits! This is the kind of content that the forum lacks lately. Because there are a lot of trash discussions

*** Paбiв дo paю нe пycкaють! ***
Ranyar (OP)

Be kind to each other

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:12:28 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2018, 11:55:10 PM by Ranyar

This is the perfect article on how to properly select ICO, personally for me very useful because I was almost desperate because of constant scam

a very useful article deserving 1000 merits! This is the kind of content that the forum lacks lately. Because there are a lot of trash discussions

Thanks folks!
Can i add something else to this checklist?
Certainly in your experience of trading or investing there are things that I did not take into account in my article. It would be useful to share them with the community here.
Mumei19

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:47:46 PM

There are no safe investments. Safe only for knowledge-rich people.
Ranyar (OP)

Be kind to each other

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:41:05 AM

I think that there is no completely safe investment. Is that investment in real estate can be quite safe.
But in real estate low annual income. If you are going to invest in ICO - then better be ready for a certain risk. To reduce the risk - you need a lot of time to analyze projects.
Igorgnome

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

Power to gnomes!

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:12:50 AM

You're absolutely right, friend.
4-5 hours - this is the time it takes to analyze the ICO. And what if the projects for analysis are 10 or 20?
Then the audit of projects takes several days and most of them can be eliminated. But this time is not a big price to reduce the risk of meeting a scam project.
The time spent on audit is also an investment.
I think it's a lot of fun! Grin Time flies quickly and quietly.  New ICOS can be viewed for hours. They are well and varied design their sites usually interesting to look at them, interesting to smell the ideas of projects and their technical subtleties. Interested in looking for information about team members. You feel more like Sherlock Holmes.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
oseikuf44

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:16:03 PM

These points raised are all good to make an informed decision when you decide to invest in an initial coin offering. But I think that it can not be entirely true that it will yield success if all the items mentioned is followed. A well crafted ICO scam can still fulfil all this yet will run away with investors cash. I think you should this INTUITION. Above all have intuition to determine the right from the wrong.
Mumei19

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:20:50 PM

I think that there is no completely safe investment. Is that investment in real estate can be quite safe.
But in real estate low annual income. If you are going to invest in ICO - then better be ready for a certain risk. To reduce the risk - you need a lot of time to analyze projects.
I agree with you. But the big risk you get is big when you first enter the crypto market. I dream of waking up in the morning. Your account is 10 times or even 100 times. But not easy. ico is too attractive. But without knowledge, you will become blank after only 1 night. Knowledge is everything. Knowledge gives us everything. Smiley)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: