Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:49:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I think bitcoin makes no sense at all  (Read 1289 times)
Leonsoft (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 03:56:05 PM

I think bitcoin makes on sense at all.
A decentralized money means every client holds a central bank -- it's feasible only for a very small scale. The block chain is 10G today. It can grow up to 100...0GB if it wants to get the same position as usd or euro or cny -- obviously it's impossible.
It's no better than an idiot comapring to current finacial system. It does not support transaction, rollback, tracing, etc.
When more people get involved, it will be a nightmare.
When SHA is hacked, everything is gone.
The rule for wealth is so ridiculous -- btc mining likes lottery. Is this better than rules in today's real world? No, it's just ridiculous.
It's just a new kind of Ponzi scheme. Everyone hope his btc will become more and more expensive so he can get rich without doing anything. I do not think they will succeed.

Am I wrong?
marcovaldo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 03:58:58 PM

Yes you are wrong....

BITEX
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                              ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███

The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank
TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE

███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
               ███     ███     ███
                 ███     ███     ███

WHITEPAPER | ANN
JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 04:04:03 PM

Welcome, you have a lot of reading to do my friend. Your observations have been noted and dispelled years ago. Bolck size, SHA, distribution, all have been addressed ad-nauseum. and the ponzi thing... Roll Eyes  Well, you have a lot of reading to do.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 04:05:33 PM

A decentralized money means every client holds a central bank -- it's feasible only for a very small scale. The block chain is 10G today. It can grow up to 100...0GB if it wants to get the same position as usd or euro or cny -- obviously it's impossible.
It's no better than an idiot comapring to current finacial system. It does not support transaction, rollback, tracing, etc.
The rule for wealth is so ridiculous -- btc mining likes lottery. Is this better than rules in today's real world? No, it's just ridiculous.
It's just a new kind of Ponzi scheme. Everyone hope his btc will become more and more expensive so he can get rich without doing anything. I do not think they will succeed.

Am I wrong?

Look into "chain pruning" for reducing the size of the blockchain.

Not having transaction rollbacks is considered a positive attribute.

When SHA is hacked, then we can upgrade to a different algorithm.

It is not a ponzi scheme, you might want to do more research into what a ponzi scheme is. Bitcoin does not pay any interest.

Yes, you are wrong.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4659

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 04:52:51 PM

Please don't feed the trolls.
rumbitla

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 04:54:52 PM

Am I wrong?
I just bought a 64GB SD-Card for $20. Enough for a much bigger blockchain.

Yes, you are wrong.
johben

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 07:36:43 PM

Am I wrong?

And you think what is security in banks based on? SHA protects passwords to servers etc.
And you don't need to download all the block chain. You can have online wallet. Some of them are very secure with keys kept on your own hardware.
And it has so many advantages like no chargebacks which is a nightmare for merchants and many many more. Just read more.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 07:38:51 PM

and at the very least you can expect to be able to buy a 2TB one in 2023 for roughly the same price.
Leonsoft (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 02:59:01 AM

Am I wrong?

Yes, you are wrong.

$20 is not cheap enough (for me), I believe 64GB will be too small for soon, and sooner in the future.  The other problem is it takes several days to download it (~10G). If more people use bitcoin, maybe we need millions of years to download it. 
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 03:01:09 AM

If more people use bitcoin, maybe we need millions of years to download it. 

Yup millions of years.  Your right, can't believe nobody noticed this before.
I recommend uninstalling the client and clicking [logout] in the upper left of the forum.
Kyle91

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 03:04:06 AM

Bitcoin is online currency since technology is becoming more advanced this can be very useful in the future.
Leonsoft (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 03:10:06 AM

well, let me do some more reading...
but one thing I still insist is, this is an unfair game, for those who involved late, and too fair for those participate early. So it's not likely to attract more people in the future.
I know someone already have answers for this too, but obviously they are not convicing.
jarhed

Activity: 672
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 03:14:10 AM

Lol, OP, you're right Grin

No solution for size, new twisted ponzi, mining is a lottery, most here have grandeur of wealth, etc.
Grin
Singlebyte

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 03:30:09 AM

well, let me do some more reading...
but one thing I still insist is, this is an unfair game, for those who involved late, and too fair for those participate early. So it's not likely to attract more people in the future.
I know someone already have answers for this too, but obviously they are not convicing.

Do everyone a favor and take DeathAndTaxes advice:

"I recommend uninstalling the client and clicking [logout] in the upper left of the forum."
Leonsoft (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 03:37:46 AM

Such kind of reply just verified my oppinion. But I take your advice to logout.
pokergodjjj

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 04:08:17 AM

I thought the same thing until I got into bitcoining. I like the concept and everything about bitcoin.
MrW00f

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 06:07:37 AM

if it wants to get the same position as usd or euro or cny -- obviously it's impossible.

Yep; having a money that worth nothing as the banks simply creates it by creating loan with 90% of your deposit, then the bank getting the money from the customer making the loan thein create new ones qith 90% of it.. etc... etc... and you'll realize with the economy is so fucked up...

when you have to pay with interest something that does NOT exists at the beginning... that's an issue
acis4283

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 06:39:46 AM

Curious I've heard the same argument from someone before... what if bitcoin price drops, what if someone sends you a fake bitcoin, what if SHA256 gets hacked.  "ANYTHING can be cracked" he says.  While I believe it's much easier to hack someone's computer than to crack SHA I started wondering if bitcoin is just too hard for the non-tech savvy to understand.  Or they'll believe it when it's too late, as it is with ANYTHING when you're ignorant of something.  Just another missed opportunity, I guess...
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 07:29:59 AM

Curious I've heard the same argument from someone before... what if bitcoin price drops, what if someone sends you a fake bitcoin, what if SHA256 gets hacked.  "ANYTHING can be cracked" he says.  While I believe it's much easier to hack someone's computer than to crack SHA I started wondering if bitcoin is just too hard for the non-tech savvy to understand.  Or they'll believe it when it's too late, as it is with ANYTHING when you're ignorant of something.  Just another missed opportunity, I guess...

Most people don't understand how the internet works, how credit cards work, hell even how electricity works.  It is simply a matter of faith.  You click on the internet button and the internet just works.  Nobody know how it just does, something to do with tubes and stuff.

Bitcoin will be no different.  Bitcoin is still raw and clunky kinda like the internet in 1980.  Over time it will become smooth and shinny and masses will never have a clue how it works ... it just does.
hromobiti

Activity: 118

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 07:38:53 AM

I had similar concerns, but the more I read and think about Bitcoin the more it seems solvable
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: