Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:36:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A lot of newbies buying the wrong coin. Be carefull!  (Read 2612 times)
Dydot

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:00:58 PM

This is interesting.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grinmoure

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:46:57 AM

I hope Blockchain.info credits us for all these forks.  I hate moving BTC around from exchange to exchange just to take advantage of a fork.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:07:55 PM

It can be very confusing for new people with all the different iterations of bitcoin staring at them when they just want to buy "bitcoin"
Myself when I first got in there was only bitcoin so when I came to the forum and googled there was no element of confusion with gold,cash,core etc.

Guides like this are very helpful for people.
ac2eugenio

Activity: 275
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:14:04 PM

Beginners will commonly buy the coins which is dominant in the market and in this case bitcoin is dominant,BCash is just a forked coin of the real Bitcoin with some tweaks like larger blocksize and faster tx speed,you cannot blame newbies to pick coins which in the top 10 coins,but it isnt the proper reason to not searching which coin is worthy to invest,there is a lot of undervalued coins in the market the challenge is to pick them by doing hard research and failing to have proper research is a common thing nowadays most newbies will just buy something that is in tredn which is wrong because the market is too volatile.
Boybugwal760820

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:02:18 PM

Maybe there's a lot of newbies out there who are buying the wrong coins because they don't know yet the real coins in which could bring them fortune, maybe they are just experimenting or getting to know the system or simply because they are being brainwashed by the story or information provided by that coin in which they had bought, so buying a certain coin must be properly investigated so that there will be no regrets in the end.
3DBrushes

Activity: 617
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:06:53 PM

I hope Blockchain.info credits us for all these forks.  I hate moving BTC around from exchange to exchange just to take advantage of a fork.
All those small Bitcoin forks are ridiculous. They are just some cash grab opportunities for the owners of the coin. People must stop taking this kind of forks seriously. Blockchain wallet won't work hard to restore users coins so if you really want the forked coins then export private key and import it in a forking supported wallet. But this is risky move.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:11:23 PM

Maybe there's a lot of newbies out there who are buying the wrong coins because they don't know yet the real coins in which could bring them fortune, maybe they are just experimenting or getting to know the system or simply because they are being brainwashed by the story or information provided by that coin in which they had bought, so buying a certain coin must be properly investigated so that there will be no regrets in the end.

Why newbies has to choose the wrong coin. It is not a possible thing but the people introduced him to crypto platform made him to invest on worst coin. Other cases to check and invest on doing explore on Coinmarketcap. It will not happen. by default this site will show the top list coin in the order.
That is the reason we have seen many people invest on bitcoin more than any coin all the time. I advice to newbies, please do not concentrate on ICO project invest on the altcoins.
trash321

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:20:42 PM

Yes indeed, now a lot of different kinds of coins are invested by newcomers, but these coins either are doomed to destruction, or they will just close tomorrow. Therefore, you need to invest with the mind.
yacare

Activity: 1260
Merit: 500

In CryptoEnergy we trust

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:46:26 AM

Yes it is necessary to study at first the cryptoworld, then to begin to buy coins. It will exclude mistakes and loss of means. Little-known coins can bring a large income, but also risks it is more there. On a part of means it is necessary to buy coins from the top ten

pheonyx

Activity: 136
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:31:53 PM

My assumption is, this only happen to newbie who is not making a careful study and asking suggestion before giving in to ico.
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 01:42:40 PM

My assumption is, this only happen to newbie who is not making a careful study and asking suggestion before giving in to ico.
Yes they are, most probably the one that buys bch for btc are the newbies that dont do any research and I suspect they buy bch instead of original btc is the fact that it is cheaper than the original. Well atleast bch is still investment and valuable coin up to date.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
mainthread

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:22:05 PM

Sometimes amazing things happen. You can mistakenly buy another coin and it will give much more profit). Especially when the market is growing and there is a positive trend. But if people are willing to risk money without understanding anything, then this is their problem. It is necessary to gain experience.
Kidmat

Activity: 774
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:45:26 PM

Sometimes amazing things happen. You can mistakenly buy another coin and it will give much more profit). Especially when the market is growing and there is a positive trend. But if people are willing to risk money without understanding anything, then this is their problem. It is necessary to gain experience.
A lot of newbies indeed are in buying wrong coins because lack of learning when it comes to cryptocurrency. It is indeed necessary to experience in trading to learned the mistakes so by next time a person know how to choose a good ones.
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406

BAILOUT

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:57:01 PM

Bitcoin cash is better than bitcoin, but bitcoin cash is not bitcoin and those who are buying bitcoin are not buying it as it is superior to other coins technically.

havanabob

Activity: 88

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:05:48 PM

They do not know anything about coins yet, so they are wrongfully buying or scam their purchased coins. so you really need to ask questions first. So, I have to admit I use to be a broker awhile ago I got out of the markets 2 months before 2008 sept crash. I haven’t traded anything since then, I been too busy traveling around the world for so many years to even bother looking at shares as I have been busy focusing on healing myself and healing and helping others and homeless animals.

Cool story bro, thank you for that info. Now I can sleep well at the night. Btw is it a pasta?

Bitcoin cash is better than bitcoin, but bitcoin cash is not bitcoin and those who are buying bitcoin are not buying it as it is superior to other coins technically.

Da fuq? So u tellin me Bitcoin Cash IS better than Bitcoin? Okay, lets imagine: you can have 1 BTC or the same amount of BCH, your choose?

... but bitcoin cash is not bitcoin ...

Einstein.  Angry

... and those who are buying bitcoin are not buying it as it is superior to other coins technically.

Da fuq? x2
swpqlhmgp

Activity: 95

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:10:24 PM

Well, if they accidentally bought BCH, it may be something that makes them very happy. Although I think BCH is a simple altcoin, but I have to admit that BCH's influence is gradually increasing.

Obi2024

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:19:45 PM

Are you saying that BTC is the wrong coin and BCH is the right one? i don't understand why you should say that, anyway i do not keep either of them, i only buy alts that have solid products behind them.

Maestro75

Activity: 1918
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 04:39:10 PM

I think what most newbies look at before buying is mostly the price of the coin. Cheap coins have a special attraction for them as they can pile up hundred or thousands of units of these coins for next to nothing irrespective of whether the coin has a good use or not. I believe this is why coins below $1 soared in the last few weeks. Being a fresh year, a lot of investors came into Cryptos and pumped in money buying cheap coins with the expectations that the ROI will be huge on their investment.
kram31

Activity: 791
Merit: 139

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:43:19 PM

Newbie in cryptocurrencies trading are just buying coins that is hype by the news, most traders now are not for a long time a just doing day trade.
Hype is the one they are into and then dump in just some percent up. i still admire those PRO that are long time holders who are based on whitepaper and road maps.
Fatunad

Activity: 2212
Merit: 347

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:48:10 PM

Newbie in cryptocurrencies trading are just buying coins that is hype by the news, most traders now are not for a long time a just doing day trade.
Hype is the one they are into and then dump in just some percent up. i still admire those PRO that are long time holders who are based on whitepaper and road maps.
Traders can be classified either on short or long term basis.The professional on handling it would really be depend on how you do profits on either situation on how market moves. Traders can easily transition into shorter trades when they do saw some gains on a short period of time and sometime they do long term hold and accumulate as much as they can when they do saw potential.It does matter on a certain trader skills.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████