Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:40:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LiiteBit Mining Shop (https://liitebit.eu/shop/) Scam - $1000 reward for help!  (Read 168 times)
domitron (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:26:38 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2018, 08:50:10 AM by domitron

What happened::
I ordered 29 Antminer S9s from  LIITEBIT Mining shop (https://liitebit.eu/shop/) located in the Netherlands.  I immediately received an e-mail from info@liitebit.eu confirming the account, my order, the invoice, etc.  Through two and a half weeks, I had numerous correspondences from them (maybe 50 e-mails went back and forth if not more).

Scammers Profile Link:
https://liitebit.eu/shop/

Amount Scammed: ~6.43 BTC/~$90,000 USD
Payment Method: Bitcoins via an e-mail link with the header clearly showing it from info@liitebit.eu

Proof of Payment:
https://btc-bitcore4.trezor.io/tx/909e0d55d1e0ad45921c82c2cf62eceee889cc6acb0d69e0d8686ac40e907188

PM/Chat Logs: I have 50 e-mails probably to these guys.  They kept dragging me along even eventually providing me fake tracking numbers just a few days ago, and all the e-mails are through "LB MINING COMPANY" <info@liitebit.eu>, except one curious one just today.  That one I don't want to post here because I think it's the entire key to what is going on.  Using that e-mail I think we could at a MINIMUM prove that the website is fake and, at a maximum, get someone into trouble.

Additional Notes: I am offering $1000 USD to anyone that can help me catch these guys.  I don't even care if I get the Bitcoin back because I don't think that is probably possible (they are spent).  What I want is someone to go to jail and for the website to be shut down.  Please e-mail me if you have suggestions.

PS - This is the SECOND scam I've been through now.  The first was Syan Mining.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
domitron (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:42:23 PM

As a little addition to this, all the e-mails I got from the people involved with this scam had this in the header:

X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report
X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - host3.abelohost.com
X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - yahoo.com
X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [47 12] / [47 12]
X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - liitebit.eu

One original e-mail was supposedly from a person named "Andreas Weiss".  Now you can make an e-mail have any name in existence on it.  I could make mine seem to say Donald Trump, for example, very easily, but the headers are not easy to spoof.  That's why they are there in fact.  Here's the rub, on their website chat correspondance form is the following warning:

"WARNING: These days we get a lot of complaints from people that got scammed by a person “Andreas Weiss” “Hans Klaver” we want to confirm that neither of them works here at LB technologies!"

Yes, I did get an e-mail with the name Andreas Weiss on it.  Later correspondence did not have this name, though.  Looking at the e-mail header, however, we find this:

X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report
X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - host3.abelohost.com
X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - yahoo.com
X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [47 12] / [47 12]
X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - liitebit.eu

As you can see, this e-mail did in fact originate from the domain liitebit.eu.

I need to know which police department in the Netherlands to report this issue.  Where do I call?  Which city is this?
cooper4speed

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:05:51 PM

I also got scammed by this.

I also paid (lucky for me) 0,94 BTC on 16 dec 2017 for 1 antminer.

i have more than 100 Numerous mail etc.... also fake tracking etc.

Site is now out of order

I think we lost our money......
domitron (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:54:45 PM

Well in one day of missing work yesterday I got this site shut down.  Get this: they are STILL writing me too!  Yup, I got an e-mail this morning - first in several days!  They want me to take down my "negativity" to which I burst out laughing reading it.  I guess I'm in a little bit of a sour mood about losing $90,000.  Imagine that.   I wrote them saying that I would do so provided they send me the miners.  Well, I'll keep everyone informed.   But I have a hunch that this batch of idiots just really want jail time, and I might have set some things in motion that can make that happen if they don't move out of town or refund my Bitcoins or--if this is even possible--send me my miners.

domitron (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:07:52 PM

Well in one day of missing work yesterday I got this site shut down.  Get this: they are STILL writing me too!  Yup, I got an e-mail this morning - first in several days!  They want me to take down my "negativity" to which I burst out laughing reading it.  I guess I'm in a little bit of a sour mood about losing $90,000.  Imagine that.   I wrote them saying that I would do so provided they send me the miners.  Well, I'll keep everyone informed.   But I have a hunch that this batch of idiots just really want jail time, and I might have set some things in motion that can make that happen if they don't move out of town or refund my Bitcoins or--if this is even possible--send me my miners.

Yes, we did.  I'm sorry you were involved too.  The world of Bitcoin seems to be full of scams.  If--and this is a big IF--Bitcoin ever takes off, I suggest people invest in escrow service providers because this isn't going to stop anytime soon.  Bitcoin's greatest asset is also its biggest problem - it's final.  It won't take people long, once they start to use it, to realize what this means.  It means we'll need protection, like what Visa before it provided, to protect consumers.  Otherwise, this stuff would happen constantly.
domitron (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:44:48 AM

I am offering a $1000 USD reward for the first person that can find a way to get my 6.43 Bitcoins back from LiiteBit Mining Shop.  If you can do it, I will pay you, no questions asked (in case anyone inside the scam wants to help, I'm just in this to get my Bitcoins back).  Please message me if you have any information that could lead to me getting my funds back and to your reward - lawyers always welcome!

Thanks!

PS - Their site just went down today, so it well could be they are already in custody.  If that's the case, I sure could use a lawyer to help!

cooper4speed

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:24:33 PM

more info :

https://www.facebook.com/LBTechbits/

https://twitter.com/LIITEBITmining

https://whois.eurid.eu/nl/?domain=liitebit.eu  (fake adres / telephone)
cooper4speed

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:48:11 PM

Please change status from newbie, so i can send you personal email
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 09:05:31 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2018, 09:16:25 PM by BitcoinNewsMagazine

Sorry for your loss. Bitmain does not have any official distributors or resellers. If you need proof read this post from Bitmain. You should only every buy miners directly from Bitmain at https://shop.bitmain.com/ that would save a lot of grief. When you buy on the greymarket you take the risk of getting scammed and there is no warranty at all.

BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 09:25:39 PM

Please change status from newbie, so i can send you personal email

You can't change your own status but you can opt in to receive PMs from newbies.

jinksters09

Activity: 126
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:41:00 AM

I almost buy some mining types of equipment to them, but anyways thanks for posting here I almost got scammed by them, seems like they really are a tricky mining shop whose up to no goods because they have no official supplier and distributor for their type of mining equipments they are selling.

cooper4speed

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:50:00 PM

I am sure he started again a new shop online:

http://www.whaleminers.com/shop/

My old login works still on the new site !!, do a forget password of you old account and you get a password reset mail with liitebit.eu

https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/computers-en-software/videokaarten/m1256868830-antminer-s9-14-5-th-s-nieuw-te-koop-bitcoin-miner.html?c=3c1f5dcc18d02a99040ca8de656940d2&previousPage=lr

Same webshop layout & price older model !!!

Adress is not a valid adress

VAT no. is not registered
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: