Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 07:47:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When is a coin too expensive?  (Read 984 times)
ahoenk

Activity: 1246
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:31:12 AM

For me new coin getting expensive if it is reach top 75 market cap from a whole market in coinmarketcap.com and this tules is for token. And for coin which has its unique blockchain when coin going to top 10 its mean that coin is expensive already. I always check a whole market cap before buying in on hype coin. Also the potential market and coin in curcullation.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
JaRViZZ

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:47:55 AM

Just to let this off my chest because of posts chastising people who bought coins at x5 or x10 their ICO.

Honestly, no one knows how much is too much.

BTC for example.  Someone paid 10,000 BTC for 2 pizza in 2010...say those 2 pizza was worth $10, that makes BTC at that point worth $0.001

Using this value, is BTC expensive at;

x10 or   $0.01?
     x100 or   $0.10?
  x1,000 or   $1.00?
x10,000 or $10.00?

We all know the answer now but not when people were buying them at that price (ATH).

Who knows how high; ICX, VEN, NEO, XMR will go?  Are people who buy them at ATH stupid?  I don't think so.

If I believe on a coin, I don't care if it just pumped x10, if I think (and yes I could be mistaken) it will go up more I will buy it.  For me, it happened with XMR, NEO, EMC2, VEN, ICX, PRL, WTC etc.  Not all are success stories, I have my fails but all in all...I am way ahead and who knows, one of them might follow the path of BTC or ETH. Wink

RANT over.
And that before too there were prices much lower, but now people are forced to buy at the price offered by the market, and beginners are so much more prone to this. Nobody can tell you that this is the peak or failure of the price maximum, you just have a choice to buy on the upsweep at a high price or vice versa.

J3V1L4

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:42:46 AM

Once your non-crypto friends starts talking about a coin, it's too expensive..
Puroc

Activity: 139

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:59:21 AM

The main point is that, whether have you bought the coin when the ICO started then you can't say the price is too much, since its the original price of their token, sometime no one know that this coin has the best progress ever in the month during their publishing date, so it's better to buy coin when they just pot out, and not when they grow too much.
zerrtty

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:25:18 AM

What is the relationship of X10 and x1000 have among themselves. If the coin on the chart shows a stable growth, why not buy it? Why make these silly arguments.

Eminem23

Activity: 394

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:27:10 AM

Yes, no one will not tell you how high will this or that piece, so that everything on projections, intuition and luck. Whoever guesses he gets everything is not, loses more. All buy according to his ability and receive according to his diligence.
LazyBitInvestor

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:43:54 AM

We never know exactly what price will be the highest. If we already knew, we would all be millionaires investors Cheesy  Which price is expensive, which coin does not know how much to win Smiley
This is 100% right answer and that's why there are a lot of HODLers (these are people who bought coin on its peak).

removebeforeflight

Activity: 696
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:16:13 AM

A coin would be expensive when Bitcoin price is high. Normally all the altcoins would follow the path of Bitcoin whether it is low or high. Some coins reflect the price drop or high instantly and some may have impact bit late like two to three days or a weeks time to reflect in it.

To answer your question asked in the topic, December mid week is the season where all the coins would be in peak price.
kopijos

Activity: 523
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:18:51 AM

A coin would be expensive when Bitcoin price is high. Normally all the altcoins would follow the path of Bitcoin whether it is low or high. Some coins reflect the price drop or high instantly and some may have impact bit late like two to three days or a weeks time to reflect in it.

To answer your question asked in the topic, December mid week is the season where all the coins would be in peak price.
I also believe that mid-December is the best time for high return coins. so I think coins will be expensive and the benchmark coin can be expensive is to follow the bitcoin groove.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
Xanotick

Activity: 68

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:37:43 AM

I also believe that mid-December is the best time for high return coins. so I think coins will be expensive and the benchmark coin can be expensive is to follow the bitcoin groove.

In the next few days, there will be a Satoshi's Vision Conference. There could be a pump of Bitcoin Cash or Bitcoin or others.
vinarskeXxe

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:05:53 AM

I would say they are too expensive right after ico when pumped and dumped.  That is why I look for ico’s with anti pump and dump mechanisms.  Marinecoin ico has many built in features to stop a pump and dump type strategy.  I would much rather have one that is designed to grow slow and steady over time.  MTC is using time dilution technology to fairly distribute 9 billion MTC to those who help promote it.  Or you can buy it at the exchange at market opening low prices.  iot - proof of promotion - zero fees - dev-less -  See here  marineco/in
Hehalye

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:27:48 AM

Altcoin becomes very expensive when no one wants to buy it, and the number of sellers is greater than the number of customers.
Kulllianll

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:58:39 PM

Simple advice: Do not ever buy a coin at the all time high, Most important thing in trading is to be patient, thats how you make the money.
Absolutely agree. Whenever he started trading, I constantly made this mistake. Now this almost does not happen.
xuv500

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:29:59 PM

Your post itself has an answer "No one knows how much high a coin can reach". Crypto currency market is always volatile and their is not perfect or 100% correct prediction can be given on a specific coin. To be honest, I will say that x10 times of a coin is safe to sell to avoid loss expecting to grow more than that price.
Redhead5

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:59:31 AM

Simple advice: Do not ever buy a coin at the all time high, Most important thing in trading is to be patient, thats how you make the money.

That's it. If you noticed that market it's at peak period then simply dont buy anymore. Just wait for exact time when to invest for profitable returns. Crypto currencies are getting expensive when there are some big whales manipulated it for huge investment. Just make an analysis always that when buying it, it will always generate profit from it.
KalaiBTC

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:59:00 AM

That's it. If you noticed that market it's at peak period then simply dont buy anymore. Just wait for exact time when to invest for profitable returns. Crypto currencies are getting expensive when there are some big whales manipulated it for huge investment. Just make an analysis always that when buying it, it will always generate profit from it.

It is not easy to stop oneself from investing into an asset that is making too much [progress. Many people have bought bitcoin even at a high value of 15k to 20k dollars. All because of sudden excitement. It really drove people crazy back then because not even crypto experts were expecting it to go that high. Patience and a good knowledge are must for everyone who is dealing in crypto currencies.
profit-shooter

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:30:22 AM

You must try to look at the technical indicators and general market sentiment. Technical indicators will give you an idea of when the coin is overbought. Of course, it does not prove that it is too expensive but at least you will be able to forecast the upcoming dips so that to accumulate the coin. And, actually, no one will be able to tell you when the coin reached its maximum price because we can make conclusions only on the chart that already exist and on on the future behavior of the market. So the best thing is to study technical analysis!
vastmast

Activity: 378

ARIZN - Tokenised Crowdfunding Platform

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 07:44:16 AM

It is very difficult to understand which price is the highest or which price is the lowest. For this reason we can never do the right timing Cheesy
Nobody wants to invest with the price they will hurt, but we do not know whether a coin is expensive or cheap

______________▂   arizn  ▂______________       ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                             A TOKENISED CROWD FUNDING PLATFORM                                     ◄ ICO: 30% BONUS  ►
Facebook Twitter Youtube Instagram Website Wallet Telegram Whitepaper     ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
bittraffic

Activity: 2996
Merit: 614

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 07:53:31 AM

When its price is more than you can afford, its already expensive to me. I always though NEO is expensive already back when the price was just $7 but I bought some of it as investment to hold. Since I still can afford it during that time and am sure the price will grow, I did buy and the GAS I get is also invested to NEO after and so my NEO is increasing every time. If NEo will soon turned $200, I might not be able to buy it and will consider it expensive just as bitcoin is.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

ahoenk

Activity: 1246
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:32:34 AM

For the coin with its new features like neo and ethereum the over priced will be above 1/10 bitcoin below that price is under valued coin. For token i am ussually using coinmarketcap and looking to whole marketcap and top 100 coin market cap. Divide potential marketcap by total coin in circullation.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄