Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:24:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When is a coin too expensive?  (Read 982 times)
bittraffic

Activity: 2940
Merit: 612

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 06:42:52 PM

I can already consider $1 an expensive token. I would somehow pass to buy a token of such price unless the token really has great future and offers good benefits in just holding it. I bought a token that is worth $6 last year and it was worth the money even today I'm still holding it so I guess I wouldn't consider a coin expensive if there is a high chance of profit.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:00:02 PM

I can already consider $1 an expensive token. I would somehow pass to buy a token of such price unless the token really has great future and offers good benefits in just holding it. I bought a token that is worth $6 last year and it was worth the money even today I'm still holding it so I guess I wouldn't consider a coin expensive if there is a high chance of profit.
Do not look at the price of bitcoin look at its market cap, a coin may be trading at one dollar and still be very cheap because they are very few coins in circulation, so take that into account before you invest in any other coin, this is why most the time when you see most coins are not sorted out due to their price but their market cap, just look at coinmarketcap.com it's called like that for a reason.
arjuna BTC

Activity: 994
Merit: 250

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:44:39 PM

no body knows
because, sometimes in cryptocurrency the price is unpredictable
and can hit more than our predictions if the pump is coming

USD Stablecoin Aggregator
                                              ▄███████
                                            ▄█▀▄█████▀
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █▀▄███████
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄▀▀██████▄   ▄█ ███████
  ▄     ▄██▀▀▀▀█████████▄▀██████▄▄▀▀████  █████████▀
▄███▄ ▄███ █▀▀█ █████████▄█▀████████▄▄▀▀███████████
██ ▀███▀ █▄▀▀▀▀▄███ ██▀████▄▀████████▀███████████▀▀
██  ███████████████ ██ █████ ███▀▀▄▄▄██████████████
██▄██▀█████████████ ███ ███  ▄▄▄█████▀██▀▀█████████
 ▀█▀   ▀████████▀▀▄██▀ ▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██    ████████▄
         ▀█████▄█▀▀▀▄█████████▀▄▄▄███▀      ▀███████
               ▀▀▀███████████▄▄████▀          ██████▄
                                               ▀▀█████
BabelFish███████▄
▀█████▄▀█▄
 ███████▄▀█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ███████ █▄   ▄██████▀▀▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▀█████████  ████▀▀▄▄██████▀▄█████████▀▀▀▀██▄     ▄
   ███████████▀▀▄▄████████▀█▄█████████ █▀▀█ ███▄ ▄███▄
   ▀▀███████████▀████████▀▄████▀██ ███▄▀▀▀▀▄█ ▀███▀ ██
   ██████████████▄▄▄▀▀███ █████ ██ ███████████████  ██
   █████████▀▀██▀█████▄▄▄  ███ ███ █████████████▀██▄██
  ▄████████    ██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀ ▀██▄▀▀████████▀   ▀█▀
  ███████▀      ▀███▄▄▄▀█████████▄▀▀▀█▄█████▀
 ▄██████          ▀████▄▄████████████▀▀
█████▀▀
FISH token sale at Sovryn
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
bvar69

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:49:52 AM

If the team is continually researching and developing its never a bad time to get in. The moment you see a pull back or lack of updates is when you should start taking profits (or cutting losses).
Congyang

Activity: 882
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:53:33 AM

token worth $ 1 I think it's not too expensive because I once had a coin that cost $ 15 and it could make it as a higher coin. coins have an expensive price because usually the total supply of coins is very low and the price offered from scratch is very low. so it could be one of those nice and potentially expensive coins.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 02:58:18 AM

Do not look at the price of bitcoin look at its market cap, a coin may be trading at one dollar and still be very cheap because they are very few coins in circulation, so take that into account before you invest in any other coin, this is why most the time when you see most coins are not sorted out due to their price but their market cap, just look at coinmarketcap.com it's called like that for a reason.
I am looking at the market capitalization of a coin too which would be the total supply multiplied by the price because you cannot immediately say that a $1 coin is more expensive than a $0.10 if the total supply of the first one is only one million while the second one is 1 billion. Nevertheless, you cannot just immediately conclude if a coin is cheap or expensive because there might be the chance that it is the value that the market is comfortable trading with.

During the times though when a coin is having a parabolic move just like what happen with bitcoin last December then expect for a correction or crash that would follow because people would be taking profits otherwise if the coin is having an organic growth wherein there is a regular profit taking then there wouldn't be drastic moves and even if its price is already high, you cannot say it is already expensive because there are still people willing to buy it.

Expensive is a relative term. And this is because our pockets are different, they come in different shapes and sizes. Howvever, a coin might be not worth purchasing depending on the life cycle of the project. If it gets closer towards the end of the cycle, chances are that, the returns would very minimal, or there could be none at all. Now investing in a coin/project at that point could be an expensive thing to do.
This is the reason why it is important to research about the coin you bought first and see its roadmap if they were able to follow it and in my opinion, if the project is at the end of the cycle or they were able to achieve their goals then that would be the time we would see the true value of the coin since we will know if people will be interested to use it for its actual use or it was just all speculation.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
francedeni

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 02:59:55 AM

If the team is continually researching and developing its never a bad time to get in. The moment you see a pull back or lack of updates is when you should start taking profits (or cutting losses).
That's true it is okay to buy a coin even you late to invest if you already know and confident that project could develop more. But we dont know when a coins would be expensive because the trend is unstable, so invest only that were sure we can earn.
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:10:06 AM

That's true it is okay to buy a coin even you late to invest if you already know and confident that project could develop more. But we dont know when a coins would be expensive because the trend is unstable, so invest only that were sure we can earn.
The timing of the increase and decrease of a coin can not be accounted for. The price of a coin is always changing, but when we try to make a good decision then we will also be able to get the best results as well. Investing has risks, but it does not become a problem when we have done the best. By looking at various circumstances and situations then we can get something satisfactory in investing.
bittraffic

Activity: 2940
Merit: 612

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 06:29:49 AM

You still can afford a lot of tokens in the market but when you see you can't afford it anymore that's when you consider a token to be expensive Smiley
I consider ETH to expensive already which is why I bought a cheaper coin like XRP which less than a dollar. With just $500 I could have a lot of coin already while I could only have less than 1 ETH if I buy an ETH.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

mastadonballs

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 07:08:41 AM

A cryptcurrency price is too expensive only when it reach to too high price while it don't have good potential like that Smiley.
For example, BCC is the most expensive lending cryptocurrency ever, it price was more than $300 before BCC lending close but for now I believe that so many people lost their house or maybe everything just because of this fucking ponzi crypto Smiley)
morgan4140

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:05:38 AM

I would buy a refereum. I think this is a very promising token that has now fallen very much in price.
jackflag

Activity: 630

Glad to see you

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:51:50 PM

Just to let this off my chest because of posts chastising people who bought coins at x5 or x10 their ICO.

Honestly, no one knows how much is too much.

BTC for example.  Someone paid 10,000 BTC for 2 pizza in 2010...say those 2 pizza was worth $10, that makes BTC at that point worth $0.001

Using this value, is BTC expensive at;

x10 or   $0.01?
     x100 or   $0.10?
  x1,000 or   $1.00?
x10,000 or $10.00?

We all know the answer now but not when people were buying them at that price (ATH).

Who knows how high; ICX, VEN, NEO, XMR will go?  Are people who buy them at ATH stupid?  I don't think so.

If I believe on a coin, I don't care if it just pumped x10, if I think (and yes I could be mistaken) it will go up more I will buy it.  For me, it happened with XMR, NEO, EMC2, VEN, ICX, PRL, WTC etc.  Not all are success stories, I have my fails but all in all...I am way ahead and who knows, one of them might follow the path of BTC or ETH. Wink

RANT over.

i think that all depends from you deposit, faith in the coin, the team and cryptomarket generally. Now is not very good time for cryptotrading and investing.  Market is falling down . So we can buy some cheap coins and wait a green market
acorcos

Activity: 453

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:59:45 PM

You should always try to compare marketcaps of coins, not the price. Because when there are more coins in circulations price will be lower compared to coins with small supply.
Brivwe

Activity: 182
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 12:25:15 PM

I do not know when the coins will be too expensive because what I see today coins have decreased and not yet returned to normal prices because the market also has not been well let alone bear market is still not stable because I know the price of coins is very low and many people who want to buy the coin

saqwe

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 12:36:52 PM

No one really knows when it a coin is too expensive to buy because crypto is unpredictable and buying at high price sometime may not be too expensive if the price continues to rise you only know when the price falls to a low price like it is now. Another thing is when the volume is low and the market price is high, I think it is expensive to buy then because this will affect the price.
koloNikolo

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 01:03:21 PM

Nowadays coins is not like stock market. I mean that all the coin's price depends on hype and attention to the coin and the other factor is price for 1btc. That's why the best way is trading and get the daily/weekly profit from the coin than wait half a year, had a great profit and in one day lost all this profit. Buy cheap - sell expensive.

fulmetal08larz

Activity: 476
Merit: 124

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:38:09 PM

The exponential growth we're witnessing for the crypto currency universe is truly impressive. The revolutionary uniqueness of each and every coin which can be utilized in many aspects will transcend the way we transact in the near future to become a cashless society. I am looking forward when the price of 1 sat will be equivalent to a dollar.
CLywaTeLb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

send and receive money instantly, no hidden costs

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:51:36 PM

However much we believe in the project, if we see + x10 for a few days, we need to stop and wait. The recession will be, since exponential growth is constantly impossible. The most reliable and promising projects can be overbought. We do not want to buy an overbought asset, whatever it is, right?

sedihnya8

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:03:15 PM

your question is why the price of coins becomes very expensive when compared to the price of ICO. the answer is because the company or the product of their company goes well so that the more expensive the price of the coin because the investment value of shares of investors also continue to rise in line with the advancement of the company or product token
apur688

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:19:10 PM

I think there is rarely an altcoin at too high a price. In recent years, only 2 of the most expensive and most popular altcoins, namely bitcoin and Ethereum. Both of these coins have reached their peak prices, when it was early 2018. Moreover, bitcoin, the price has reached 3x the current price. Of course it's very expensive. Indeed for now the price of altcoin is falling, even more than 50% of the peak price. Even so, this is not a problem, in getting large profits, it is not only based on the increase and decrease in altcoin prices, but your trading skills. But I'm sure the altcoin will become very expensive early next year, as it has been before.

✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣ Seasonal Tokens ✣ ▌✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣
█ ✣ ▌PROTECT YOUR FUNDS AND GROW YOUR WEALTH OVER TIME ▌✣ █
www.seasonaltokens.org
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: