Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:49:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone interested in shopping Taobao (Chinese Ebay)  (Read 993 times)
Bigpiggy01 (OP)

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2011, 03:15:35 PM

Over the last few weeks of being on the forum here I've been considering setting up a small business that allows Taobao shopping using BTC. Dealing with Taobao vendors can be a PAIN and I was thinking of offering this service as a middle man using a standard service fee around 1-1.5BTC based on current prices for ordering checking and forward shipping goods from there. Rmb to BTC conversion to be done using the price of the day on https://btcchina.com/ or at Mt Gox avg for the day + official forex at time of order placement or something like that.

This would not be an express service as most Taobao vendors are incredibly slow I'd assume an average turnaround time of a week on a fairly standard order.

There are MASSIVE savings to be made on quite a few items from here particularly on less common hardware items such as PCIE extenders http://s.taobao.com/search?q=PCI-e&filterFineness=2&isrse=yes&bcoffset=2&start_price=&end_price=30&loc= (You need to scroll around a bit to find them)  5850 cards http://s.taobao.com/search?q=HD+5850&commend=all&ssid=s5-e&atype=b&filterFineness=2&isrse=yes&bcoffset=2&style=grid&s=0  just to mention a few plus there are items available here that aren't readily available on the US and EU markets for example MSI cases some of which ROCK for building well cooled rigs another example could be 1300W PSUs at less than 100USD DDP (delivered to your door).

I am aware that there are one or two Taobao vendors that currently accept BTC but that's exclusively for their own products the point of this would be to allow full access to the site.

So if there is interest in this please post here or shoot me a Pm and if I see something that looks like it could be worthwhile I'll start the process of getting white-listed etc.... Grin

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aandreas

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 07:52:49 PM

hm. i can´t read chinese. do they sell medications, legal of course, like nutrupics, etc? if so, pl pm me
static

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 10:22:20 PM

lol @ chinese auction site.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: