Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:53:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet Vs Exchange  (Read 285 times)
moparmiami (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:17:59 PM

Guys, I am new here and have a general question. I currently have 100,000 TRX tokens in binance. They change value every day as we know its fluctuating between .059 to .090 My question is that should I leave my TRX tokens in the binance exchange and watch there value go up and down or move them to a wallet (hardware wallet).  Lets say if i move them to my wallet and a few months late TRX goes up to 0.90 cents. Would I be able to transfer them back to a exchange and cash them?

If some one can clear it for me in easy words i would greatly appreciate it. I invested $5900 in TRX so far and been reading about it.

Thanks guys !

jmlona

Activity: 279
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:21:12 PM

Guys, I am new here and have a general question. I currently have 100,000 TRX tokens in binance. They change value every day as we know its fluctuating between .059 to .090 My question is that should I leave my TRX tokens in the binance exchange and watch there value go up and down or move them to a wallet (hardware wallet).  Lets say if i move them to my wallet and a few months late TRX goes up to 0.90 cents. Would I be able to transfer them back to a exchange and cash them?

If some one can clear it for me in easy words i would greatly appreciate it. I invested $5900 in TRX so far and been reading about it.

Thanks guys !

To answer your question, you can easily move them in and out of a wallet it will just take a little bit of time and a small fee to transfer your tokens. The decision then between where to hold them comes down to a balance between security and easy access. A hardware wallet is much more secure but you cannot access your tokens immediately, therefore if you want to be able to buy and sell in an instance then you should leave them in an exchange.

CRYPTFUNDER.IO ▼ Disruptive Funding for Startup ICOs
Join Our ICO Now!  ≡  Whitepaper | One Pager
Twitter   Facebook    Youtube    Medium    Telegram    ANN Thread
jazzzbe

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:24:46 PM

It depends what you want)
If you want to hold your TRX and you believe that it can rise in 1 year for example, so move ones to hardware wallet. It's more safe. You can transfer them back any time.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
woolm110

Activity: 82

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 09:25:26 PM

Unless you plan on selling fairly soon then you need to move them to a wallet as its much safer. When you want to sell them you can easily move them back to the exchange however you will pay a small fee for doing so.
cryptbit.man

Activity: 103

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:27:32 PM

Offline wallets are the most safe and reliable way to store your token (also known as cold storage). At the same time also the more uncomfortable as it takes time and effort to get the tokens from the offline storage to your exchange. On the other hand exchange wallets are very unsafe and risky, however if you want to trade quicker it's definitely easier.
Ultimately it depends on which strategy you're going for: trading or holding.
Regardless it's always safer to keep the tokens in a wallet if you can.
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:27:50 PM

You shouldn't leave any coin on an exchange that you're not planning to trade anytime 'soon.'  Defining soon is completely up to you... is it a few hours, days, or months?  For me, I don't leave anything on an exchange that I'll likely hold for more than 2-months.  It's also a function of how much this TRX is of your complete portfolio.  If it's a 100% then you should take it off of Binance; if it's only 5%... then let it ride.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
walterw
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 258

Do you need a campaign manager? PM me.

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:53:03 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2018, 10:26:46 PM by walterw

I have also stored TRX at Binance right now. Unfortunately, the fees for a transaction in my opinion are too high. I think at the moment the fees are about 150 TRX.
That means I pay 150 coins for a single transaction. I find that very shabby of Binance. I'm waiting for the fees to fall back to 30 coins and will then transfer my coins back to my wallet.
Fees will drop once the price of TRX rises again. Actually, I do not want to store my coins on an exchange because it is too uncertain for me.
But Binance forces me unfortunately by the clearly too high fees. If the exchange is hacked, I could lose all of my coins without being compensated.
I can only advise everyone against storing coins at a third party (e.g. exchange). The most important thing is that you own the private key.
You do not get a private key from an exchange, which is why I see it as a security risk.  Undecided

I invested $5900 in TRX so far and been reading about it.

But with your invested sum ($5,900), I can only advise you to immediately transfer your coins to your wallet so that they are safe there. 150 Coins more or less currently do not make a big difference with 100,000 Coins. It is also important that you HODL your coins and do not panic sells them. If your coins are on your wallet, it can save you from panic sales.

For me, I don't leave anything on an exchange that I'll likely hold for more than 2-months.

I agree with you 100%, but as I wrote Binance demands too high transaction fees (about 150 TRX).

otandelapaz

Activity: 518
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:00:00 PM

Thanks guys !

If your planning to trade them soon, it's okay to leave them in the exchange. You just have to log in then trade, less hassle. A piece of advise is try to read reviews about your chosen exchange. Make sure that there's no bad reviews about it. There are reports that some people loose some of their coins in an exchange.
go4crypto

Activity: 798
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:05:01 PM

There are trade-offs with either approach. Keeping coins in your own wallet keeps your risk
low but then there is the price to pay for transfer to and from fees while selling. I think keeping
coins for long-term hold is better in your own wallet while keeping trading positions on exchanges.

In future, wallets will come that will support direct selling or swapping of coins from wallets
that will make it real simple.
vincentong17

Activity: 266
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:09:46 PM

Thanks guys !

Good question. Did you know that Exchange are risky to save your tokens/coins? I recommend you to keep your coins in your wallet, transfer it from exchanges to their web wallet so what happened to Binance exchange you can easily access your wallet.
xsaints128

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:10:19 PM

Thanks guys !

You can transfer your TRX from binance to any of your wallet be it MEW or any hardware wallet. Then when you want to transfer it back to exchange you can transfer it very easily but you must have some ethereum in your wallet to cover the gas price(fees).

joeydangerous

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:18:40 PM

Thanks guys !

Tron made a bunch of people angry since the dump on Bitcoin. You have to watch out for that stuff when investing in the newer altcoins.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Torps1

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:23:02 PM

Moving your tokens to an offline wallet is more safe especially when it comes to the issue of security, so if you wish to hold your tokens, this will be better alternative unless you intend selling your tokens now.
anilffff

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:27:14 PM

i always choose wallet instead of exchange becouse i heard many exchange close thats why all my coins if possible hold your coins on your wallet or there is lots of coins has special wallet like deeponion if not use usb wallet
KryptoKai

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:37:42 PM

Leave the coins on the exchange if you want to trade them in the near future, otherwise withdraw them in case the exchange gets hacked and you lose all you coins! It does happen, even to the big ones so be prepared. However, lots of malware now will target desktop wallets so in any case you should split your coins into different areas.

Davinus

Activity: 258
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:38:29 PM

Unless you plan on selling fairly soon then you need to move them to a wallet as its much safer. When you want to sell them you can easily move them back to the exchange however you will pay a small fee for doing so.

Yeah anyways i prefer to hold them all on my wallet.
It is not because i have paranoia about that.. it is just that for me, it is much more risky to have all your coins on an exchange, what if it disappears?
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:49:12 AM

Thanks guys !

If your intentions are of holding your coins for a long time then there is no point to leave your coins in an exchange, an exchange as the name implies is a place where users can trade their currencies for others and try to make money that way, since you do not have a desire to do that then the choice is obvious withdraw your coins and store them in an address of which you are the only owner of the private key.
kevinzxz

Activity: 1470
Merit: 105

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh |🔥Launchpad on TON

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:18:36 AM

Guys, I am new here and have a general question. I currently have 100,000 TRX tokens in binance. They change value every day as we know its fluctuating between .059 to .090 My question is that should I leave my TRX tokens in the binance exchange and watch there value go up and down or move them to a wallet (hardware wallet).  Lets say if i move them to my wallet and a few months late TRX goes up to 0.90 cents. Would I be able to transfer them back to a exchange and cash them?

Thanks guys !

wallet and exchange is something different but has an equation, which is the wallet is where to store altcoin (like TRX you have), whereas exchange is a place to exchange coins you have like TRX you have to ETH, so if you save in wallet or exchange your coin value (TRX) is the same value (the price). my suggestion is better is your TRX keep in binance, because if you move to wallet and when the price goes up you move again to exchange (binance), you will loss because you pay 2x fee, which is where you first transfer your TRX from exchange (binance) to wallet, and the second when the price rises you transfer your TRX from wallet to exchange (binance).

asepsetiawan1990

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:22:46 AM

there is no harm in storing your trx in the wallet hardware. But you first research about the coin. whether there is a good chance for the future. but you should often update information about the coin. so you can make a good decision.
rollingstorm45

Activity: 448
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:26:11 AM

Thanks guys !

yes you can, and it will not change your TRON number for a long time
but keep in mind that up and down in the crypto is hard to beat,
I took the example of BCC, a few months ago BCC always occupy the top position in coinmarketcap, but since the announcement that the platform will immediately stop its service, the investors lose confidence, so investors sell all BCC coins that cause the price dropped dramatically to 300% 1 hour only

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: