Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:59:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Exchanges do you suggest for a USA resident?  (Read 142 times)
Fearless13 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:21:12 PM

Personally I have only GDAX set up to buy LTC/ETH/BTC and move some to Binance for ALT trades.
Extremely happy with Binance, looking for another ALT site to store liquid trading pairs.

I can't get on Bittrex and that's looking to be a good thing. Not sure they are in for long haul.
And I checked an Exchange review site but sadly not one Exchange earned 4-stars.
All were rated 3-stars and below.

Also, I see BitFlyer, Japan's largest exchange, has landed in USA but not in my state yet.

Which ones are you happy with and what do you use them for?
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:50:37 PM

Personally I have only GDAX set up to buy LTC/ETH/BTC and move some to Binance for ALT trades.
Extremely happy with Binance, looking for another ALT site to store liquid trading pairs.

I can't get on Bittrex and that's looking to be a good thing. Not sure they are in for long haul.
And I checked an Exchange review site but sadly not one Exchange earned 4-stars.

Robinhood is launching Bitcoin/Ethereum trading with no fees next month. I'm moving some of my GDAX volume there to spread around the third party risk, and also because of GDAX's performance/downtime issues. Robinhood is my go-to for for stocks/fund trading, so it's awesome to see them entering the space. Great interface and good management. It's rumored that they'll be adding more coins as well.

Binance and Bittrex are your best bets as a USA resident. I also love Cryptopia, but not for liquid trading pairs. Wink Rather, it's good for buying cheap micro cap coins and speculating on them being added to larger exchanges. Sometimes, the payoff is huge.

All of the exchanges have their drawbacks....... shitty support, downtime, you name it. And every one of them will also have people claiming to have been scammed. Caveat emptor. I would say don't trust any altcoin exchange with more money than you are prepared to lose.

777asianinvasian

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

🌟 MIRA ICO 🌟

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:22:57 PM

I use a number of exchanges but that is because I have had to pick up some smaller coins which were only available there. I prefer out of all these exchanges Bittrex, Cryptopia, and Binance. Since you can't get on one and already trade on one I would therefore recommend Crytopia  Smiley. However, a close second for me is now Kucoin I enjoy trading there very much at the moment!

herecomesjohnny

Activity: 156
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:42:45 PM

I would recommend you the Bitstamp, Kraken, Coinbase, and Cancoin. I will try to elaborate my recommendations.

Bitstamp has proven its reputation because it is one of the oldest exchanges that can be found in the wastes of the internet. Also, the very low fee and variety of the procurable altcoins is very attracting.

Kraken, even if it is Euro based, supports the transactions made by the USA. It is on my list because high-security control that is providing you the desired safety for your portfolio on the exchange.

I don't have to say a lot about the Coinbase because it is widely known in the USA and it is known for the fast realization of the transactions.

Finally, there is a Cancoin which is known for zero fees. I am still evaluating that last exchange for a time being but for P2P Bitcoin exchange and multi-sig wallet it is reliable.
shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 10:48:07 PM

Binace is not encouraging USA traders in there anymore, just make your own research and you will see that i am right with this.

I like GDAX too, i have a friend of mine who is located on the United States and he is using his GDAX account, only that he is only using it in order to withdraw to his bank account everytime that he wants.

So all his taxes are reduced from each one of it's withdrawals.

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
CoinCollector006

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:02:46 PM

My suggested exchanges for Americans are Bittrex, Cryptopia, Coinexchange.io, Gemini and Gdax. I feel its obligatory to diversify your crypto capital across multiple exchanges and keep some of your crypto wealth in software and hardware wallets. Its too easy for an exchange to go bust or for it to get hacked and for you to be left holding the bag.

Cryptopia has lots of micro cap coins you will not find anywhere else. 

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                         
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                         
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
exchange.blue

Activity: 420
Merit: 40

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:33:26 AM

Bitfinex is the way to go Smiley
Fearless13 (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:56:41 PM

Robinhood is launching Bitcoin/Ethereum trading with no fees next month. I'm moving some of my GDAX volume there to spread around the third party risk, and also because of GDAX's performance/downtime issues. Robinhood is my go-to for for stocks/fund trading, so it's awesome to see them entering the space. Great interface and good management. It's rumored that they'll be adding more coins as well.

Binance and Bittrex are your best bets as a USA resident. I also love Cryptopia, but not for liquid trading pairs. Wink Rather, it's good for buying cheap micro cap coins and speculating on them being added to larger exchanges. Sometimes, the payoff is huge.
Awesome advice thank you ! I looked at Robinhood; "We’re planning to operate this business on a break-even basis and we don’t plan to profit from it for the foreseeable future” says Robinhood co-founder Vlad Tenev. “The value of Robinhood Crypto is in growing our customer base and better serving our existing customers.” ~ Looks great to me !

And your Cryptopia advice opened up a new avenue I hadn't thought about  Cool
Bittrex apparently does not need me and I'm fine with that  Cheesy

So I still need another ALT site...looking.....still looking..... Undecided
GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:59:11 PM

Bitfinex is the way to go Smiley

Nope, no if you are an US resident, and he is saying that he is looking for exchanges who allow US residents.. Can you at least, check the post instead of just posting?

Binance is the only "Major" exchange who will allow you to signup without any issues at all . Do not use VPN or proxies because you will get banned, and if you had funds in there, you are fucked.
Fearless13 (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:09:44 PM

I use a number of exchanges but that is because I have had to pick up some smaller coins which were only available there. I prefer out of all these exchanges Bittrex, Cryptopia, and Binance. Since you can't get on one and already trade on one I would therefore recommend Crytopia  Smiley. However, a close second for me is now Kucoin I enjoy trading there very much at the moment!

Thank you very much, looking in to Kucoin and Cryptopia now.
akamit

Activity: 1484
Merit: 596

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:11:33 PM

Currently, Binance is on top of all altcoin exchanges in my opinion.
Beside Binance you can try Kucoin, it is also earned some good reputation. Though I have not used Kucoin yet, so don't have any practical experience.

Another one is Cryptopia where I'm trading, and I like the user interface very much, it's easy to use. But if you would like to see volume then Binance can be the best one currently.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: