Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:38:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is happiness so ephemeral?  (Read 608 times)
Vocalwalls

Activity: 113
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 05:02:05 PM

Its not really about getting the things we want, its also about the guarantee that we can achieve more if we desire it.

That assurance is what I see as happiness
criza

Activity: 574
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:59:19 PM

I think and I believe that happiness is not ephemeral. Happiness lasts long and have an long term effect to all of us. Yes it is true that the happiness of a person can change in just the blink of an eye but that does not mean the he or she forget about the previous cause of his or her happiness. And I think the reason why they think that happiness is so emhemeral is because, of their own definition of happiness; how they perceived it, and how they see and feel it. For me, happiness not only the result of getting the things that we want, it is the way of getting the things that we want. Happiness is way beyond the emotions of a person that he or she feels. Because happiness is different from what we are thinking to what is really true.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
tzipora234

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:20:32 PM

i recommend reading aristotle nichomechian ethics. it will give you a different perspective on happiness
SkyFlakes

Activity: 307
Merit: 101

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 12:09:50 AM

I think that happiness is ephemeral. Recently, I experienced the happiest day of my life as I passed my exam in one of the prestigious school in our country. I'm so happy but a day after it, sadness taken all of me. My love one broke up with me. It is the most painful part of my life. That's why I believe in the saying that don't be so happy, you might end up so sad. That's why I believe that happiness doesn't last longer as it deserves to be balanced with sadness. Answers may vary with this question and that's my answer based on what I had experience about happiness.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
cavs23

Activity: 78

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 12:33:44 AM

It is never be ephemeral because you always have the choice. Do what you love and everything will be right, be optimistic because happiness is a choice that no one else can give it but only you. Cheer Up! Smiley Smiley Smiley
rvlrshr

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:22:24 AM

It depends on what kind of happiness it is, sometimes we experience a ephemeral happiness but when we remember those memories if it would still makes us happy then it isn't ephemeral, that's pure joy.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:20:35 PM

It depends on what kind of happiness it is, sometimes we experience a ephemeral happiness but when we remember those memories if it would still makes us happy then it isn't ephemeral, that's pure joy.
It's actually very true, nothing they say lasts forever and that includes happiness, People can be happy one minute and then be sad the very next.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Funmmi2

Activity: 44

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 02:19:58 PM

Happiness is ephemeral Yes. Happiness is a mental or emotional state of well-being which can be defined by, among others, positive or pleasant emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy.In my own view happiness is derived from news of joy feelings,of accomplishments that may lead to shedding tears of joy,however because its closely linked with emotions it is usually short lived as the human nature is constantly yearning for needs that are insatiable. Unless a man chooses in himself to always remain happy 80% of the time despite and inspite unpleasant  experiences ,happiness will continue to be short lived
qwirtiii

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:18:51 AM

This video left me thinking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?=247&v=e9dZQelULDk

Why we care so much about getting the things we want if in a blink of the eye we just desire something else? Is this the human nature or is this an impulse created by the world we are living now, exactly the same that happens with flying insects at night who keep going around our lightbulbs until they burn?

I don't want to sound dramatic though, just sharing something interesting.

That video is very interesting. Some people they value all the things and become happy what they got.But some of us want more than they got right now. And this video that some of the mouses killed and hurt each other just to get them the item they want it really sink to my mind that most of the people can hurt others just to follow they want ,Just to get what they want. They dont respect each other.

This actually happen to my country and that flying money, It says that you need to work hard for you to get that money , most of the people work hard for them to get money and to sustain they family needs.
Nagyyssa

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:48:58 PM

Happiness is the dopamine that is produced in the brain. This hormone quickly ends and happiness quickly passes
akishang

Activity: 434
Merit: 18

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:13:34 AM

I don't think so. Happiness should be the opposite of ephemeral. For those who doesn't know ephemeral means lasting for a very short time. From what I saw on the video, almost everyone wants to buy happiness only to realize that is not the answer. It is a path for wanting to have more and this can make you feel empty and lonely in the long run. Enjoy life and just accept whats coming and don't force your self into living a life that others want to live in. People wants to be rich but they will soon realize that its not the answer.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
kikuka

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:21:06 PM

Happiness is impermanent, this is the moment and just a short moment! I will say this: "life consists of 2 -3 days, and the rest is so ... Just in case! That these most important 2 - 3 days in other days again to survive!" If you want to be happy, then bring people joy . I sometimes just buy flowers and give them to some grandmother on the street. A smile of happiness appears on the faces of these grandmothers, but this is only a moment, alas ...
IndigoRed

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:50:01 AM

Happiness is a choice, really. Happiness hugely depends on us and the life we create for ourselves. Happiness is subjective and what makes you happy may be different from mine. Does money make you happy? Love? Success? A fit and healthy body? Then by constantly working on those things, you can work towards being eternally happy.
igration

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:15:45 PM

Can’t help believing that money is indispensable for attaining happiness. But, no sooner do people make large amounts of money by any means than they are shocked to learn that the contrary is rather true; money has kept at bay the happiness they have always looked forward to and that it has made them more worried about their lives than happy about what money has brought them.
rprimism

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:34:41 PM

People with so much money continuously worry about losing it. Just fear of loss itself is sufficient in that it can make man lead a worried life. They worry about how to make it abundant. They worry about how to invest it. They worry about how to store it and how to economize it so that it will never disappear overnight. They worry about what to do with it as they are getting richer and richer. They worry about the fact that health is better than wealth. In other words, they are not happy in their lives even if money is present.
Cofuchu

Activity: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 03:14:10 PM

happyness is possible only if you choose the right way! a man was asked to choose between money and happyness... of couse he choosed money! and that is the reason why a lot of people are so unhappy.. of cause we all need money., but that is money without happness!? 
tinent5

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:00:32 AM

Nowadays, people all over the world go on to believe that once they realize the dream of financial security, they will settle down and no longer think about the burdens and concerns of everyday life. To their utter astonishment, they find out that the contrary holds true, particularly if the position that they have always dreamed to hold has offered them nothing but more worry about the best use of it.
umiliate

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:29:44 PM

As far as I am concerned, as a university student, I used to think that procuring the position of teacher would immediately help me get rid of all the financial troubles I had been in, and would make me happier than previously for the remainder of my life. However, slowly but surely, since I became a teacher, I must admit that I have begun to worry more than before. I worry about when and how to buy a flat to live in. I worry about when to find a girl and settle down. I also worry about whether I have fully helped my family that once stood by me as a pupil and a student.
nacharlene

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:29:27 PM

It is a truism that life would be meaningless, tedious and monotonous without every day’s troubles, worries, concerns, etc. being part of it. Quite the contrary, it is the latter that endow it with a sense and a value. Problems give it a meaning, and try imagining a life without problems. I do not think this sort of life will make man happy, either. Happiness is ephemeral. Despite this, all humans are running after it. Some find this transient happiness in children; some find it in fame; some find it in money; some find it in love; some others find it in poverty; some others find it in buying a new car or a villa; some find it in nothing. Yet, the happiness these people claim to find is ephemeral. It doesn’t last long no matter what or what the secret to it is.
GlumMasterpiece

Activity: 21
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 02:45:23 PM

Happiness is something that should be studied. I believe Jim Rohn said, "If you want to be rich, study wealth. If you want to be happy, study happiness." I'm paraphrasing, but I think it's an important idea. Sometimes we may see a doctor that seems happy and automatically assume that, if I become a doctor, I'll be happy too. If you don't really want to be a doctor and you're just doing it because you think it may make you happy, that could be a big problem. We need to make a conscious effort every day to recognize all the things that are good in our lives. We often take too many things for granted. Quick fixes don't last.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: