Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:13:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hodl bitcoin or split it in many altcoins ???  (Read 728 times)
Lordshiva (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 126

Welcome back 🙏

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:44:40 AM

Hello there right now I am holding exactly 1 bitcoin....what should i do with that... should I hold only in bitcoin or should I split some of it into other coins... if yes then which ones and how much

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GabrielKiara

Activity: 273
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:00:29 AM

I think it's better to hold bitcoin for now, or maybe you can buy ethereum since yesterday eth can penetrate up to 1300$, maybe you can get quick profit from it (about 50 $ -100 $). Stellar and monero may be an alternative, but it would be nice to do your own research for better results. Good luck!
MasNizzer

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:04:47 AM

Hello there right now I am holding exactly 1 bitcoin....what should i do with that... should I hold only in bitcoin or should I split some of it into other coins... if yes then which ones and how much
I think if you still feel the loss should hold the bitcoin one of the things reasonable,
see bitcoin prices are still stable at $10000- $ 11000,
keep patience and hodl.
bbcolex

Activity: 672

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:05:29 AM

Don't put your eggs in one basket, if you want to maximize your earnings you can simply divide your money with different promising ALTS, example to that is ethereum. Just take every risk as an opportunity , Though I don't see bitcoin as a useless investment but at the moment bitcoin is very bearish, this is just an opinion. Still, your decision matters and don't let anyone opinion affects your investment strategy.

qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 07:07:04 AM

I am an altcoin holder predominantly as I look for the multipliers. In the last 3 months bitcoin has retraced by nearly 50% but 3 coins I am holding have gone on to do at least a x 10 multiplier. I personally would split say 0.1 into ETH and 0.1 into Bitcoin and then the rest put in some good coinslike VEN, ICON, NEO, EOS, COSS, PPT and then keep some to get into some ICOS really early like getting the bonuses in pre icos where you could potentially make very good gains in three to six months with many coins.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
kevinzxz

Activity: 1470
Merit: 105

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh |🔥Launchpad on TON

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:07:23 AM

I think if I personally prefer to hold my bitcoin instead of selling my bitcoin and buy altcoin many types, because investing in bitcoin has a small risk compared to investing in altcoin, because bitcoin prices always increase every year while altcoin is just a few which increases its price.

jouns

Activity: 812
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:08:02 AM

Personally, I do not hold bitcoin at all and I keep everything in altcoins, and I got much more profits than I would have received from the growth of bitcoin. But if you are very lazy and do not want to follow the life cycle of the token, then it's better to throw everything into bitcoin and forget it for several years.
Batus

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:08:43 AM

Really, no one is foreseener here and no one can tell you what to do exactly. You must listen yourown.
zachwgtv

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:29:21 AM

It will be wiser to split some of it to altcoins that u think have high returns
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 07:31:01 AM

I don't think you should be selling your Bitcoin for ALtcoins now, I think BTC s going to test $20K again and even surpass, I don't see it going lower than $8k for short time and when you look at the risk to reward, there is no need to rush to sell for now

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:34:04 AM

Holding is the best thing you can do if you wanted to take profit in fiat currency for short period.if you looking for long term gold then split into altcoins like ethereum , dash , neo kind of coin split some into projects like power ledger , electroneum , centra , coss .
Meepospammer

Activity: 406
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:34:19 AM

Really, no one is foreseener here and no one can tell you what to do exactly. You must listen yourown.

He's also not one. That's why he is asking for an advise in what is the most logical thing he needs to do.
Considering other people's advise lessen the chance of failing

As for the topic, I think a diversified portfolio is better than having all your money in a single entity.
If bitcoin's value drop by a large margin, you won't be able to do something about it unlike allocating your money to several coins. If one failed, and others profitted, it's still a win for you. And besides, I think you can more by investing into other altcoin compared to bitcoin.
nitrousteam

Activity: 154
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:35:45 AM

I think if I personally prefer to hold my bitcoin instead of selling my bitcoin and buy altcoin many types, because investing in bitcoin has a small risk compared to investing in altcoin, because bitcoin prices always increase every year while altcoin is just a few which increases its price.

Growth that is connected to the top 10 coins is inevitable. Bitcoin is getting back to the rising curve this year but that doesn't mean that the other altcoins won't do the same moves. Crypto market is fluctuating a lot and when the pump happens the Bitcoin isn't the only one that can pump its value. Actually, Bitcoin has risen so much in the value that it cannot bring you much profit right now if you have invested poorly.

I would personally split my portfolio, but still, leave some portion of my money invested in Bitcoin. Try some altcoin that is below the 1$ and has the high probability of success. Don't invest much of your money because only the small percentage of your investment can also get you a nice amount of the gain.                                                                                                  

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:39:17 AM

if the choice is between holding bitcoin and splitting it among many altcoins then the choice is clear: hold bitcoin.

you can however buy some altcoins, while keeping the number of them to a small amount so that you can handle their ups and downs better. unless you have a fully automated super bot that can does that for you!

i personally prefer only trading altcoins for short term and never holding them for longer than their pumping period. that way i reduce the risks i am taking while making the most profit i am capable of. and i don't believe in the future of 90% of the altcoins anyways, specially the top 10.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Chanock

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:49:04 AM

In my opinion, I think the better way to do is split your bitcoin into two, the one half of your bitcoin invest into other coin and i would suggest to choose altcoin that below in 1$ this is to ensure that you will earn profit nor not to lose to much money once the value of it is dump.Then the other half of your bitcoin is hold until the price of it is rise again.
rhyajelle

Activity: 532

https://www.empirehotels.io/

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 08:03:05 AM

my advice, better divide it in some altcoin. because if just storing in the form of bitcoin in my opinion it is less profitable.

EMPC  Token
EMPIREHOTELS (EMPC) used for business, hotel ,Room booking
--------  WhitepaperTwitter Telegram ? face Book  Instagram ?  [DO NOT POST SESC LINKS]Bitcointalk Thread [/url]    -------  Join our ICO :  feb. 10.2019- March.31.2019
traged

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:05:07 AM

I would do both. Bitcoin will go up, its too low now I think - but altoins can go up much faster and much much more!
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:08:41 AM

It is upon the requirement of the user. If the user is with plans of holding for a long term then it is good to keep hold of it as bitcoin. When the plan is to random buying and selling for profiting same as trading the it is good to split into different altcoins. One thing need to be considered is that each and every altcoin has dependence on bitcoin, so majority of the large volume altcoins grow only when bitcoin is on uptrend.
xzone
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1482

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:13:27 AM

Obviously both options can make nice money. On the contrary, if there is a collapse in the stock markets this year, no exit plan will work.
You can increase your chances if you invest your money in the form of bitcoins, well known altcoins and little known altcoins Smiley

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
grigorev1981

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:19:21 AM
Merited by dimkainvest (1)

I think it is better to divide your money and invest in some altcoins. Now a good time to buy while the altcoins have not been recovered and have not become even more expensive. I think you can invest in ETH, NEO, WAVES, STRAT, LUN. I think it is undervalued with great potential. This is just my opinion.

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ARAW ▬▬▬▬▬▬
The Decentralised Payment
for E-Commerce Ecosystem
(http://arawtoken.io)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: