Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:58:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If the BTC crash, will it take every other coin with it?  (Read 1726 times)
naftaman (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:39:09 AM

Hi guys, BTC is going down again today.
I don´t hold any BTC because I don´t see future in this coin, but...
Always when BTC is going down so everyone else, do you think that in case of dramatic fall will every other crypto go down too?
And it brings me another question, when people sel their BTC, where the money goes? Do they make instant withdraws in USD and get out of the trade completely? Cos if BTC is going down some else should rise but whole market is on decrease.
Theoneo8

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:49:04 AM

We have seen some really big crashes back in the day. It didn't stop anything.
If Bitcoin crashes today it will pull down other ones. But everything will recover.
He did his purpose. Bitcoin made a path for all future crypocurrencies.
vijendra singh

Activity: 148

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 10:53:08 AM

BTC is already down.  And if BTC crashes and stabilizes at low for long time,  all the altcoins may crash.  Coin is only BTC others are altcoins and no altcoin can survive without BTC
nunzio2012

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

The Future of Crypto Trading | Apollo

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:59:13 AM

Always when BTC is going down so everyone else, do you think that in case of dramatic fall will every other crypto go down too?
And it brings me another question, when people sel their BTC, where the money goes? Do they make instant withdraws in USD and get out of the trade completely? Cos if BTC is going down some else should rise but whole market is on decrease.

I think it will take down every other alt.
Because people are associating Bitcoin with crypto currencies. They will not give their money for alts if there isn't bitcoin.

▄▄▓▓
                                                                          ░▄▓▓▓▓▓
                                                                          ░▓▓▓▓▓▓
                                                                          ░▓▓▓▓▓▓
                                                               ▄▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▒▒▒░         ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░            ░▒▓▓▓▒░           ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓            ░▒▓▓▓▒░
     ▓▓▓▓▓░        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓░   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░       ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒       ▒▓▓▓▓    ░▓▓▓▓░ ░▓▓▓▓▓░    ░▓▓▓▓▓░      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ░▓▓▓▓▓░    ░▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓░▓▓▓▓░      ▒▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓░ ░▓▓▓▓░       ▓▓▓▓▓      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▒▓▓▓▓       ░▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓░ ░▓▓▓▓      ▒▓▓▓▓    ░▓▓▓▓░ ▒▓▓▓▓        ▓▓▓▓▓      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▓▒        ▓▓▓▓
 ░▓▓▓▓░░░▒▓▓▓▒     ▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓░  ░▓▓▓▓░       ▓▓▓▓▓      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▄▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▒▓▓▓▓░      ░▓▓▓▓
░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░    ▓▓▓▓▓░    ░▓▓▓▓▓░      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▄▄▓▓▓▓▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ░▓▓▓▓▓░    ░▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ▒▓▓▓▓░░░░░       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░       ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
▓▓▓▓░     ░▓▓▓▓▓   ▒▓▓▓▓              ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
░░░░       ░░░░░   ░░░░░                 ░▒▓▓▒░░          ▄▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                   ░▒▒▓▓▒░
                                                       ░▒▀▀        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒

█           █
   █       █   █
  ███      █  ███
  ███    ███ ███
  ███    ███ ███
   █  ███ ███  █
   █  ███  █   █
      ███  █
      ███
      ███
       █
       █
sunX3

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 11:00:25 AM

I think it will take down every other alt.
Because people are associating Bitcoin with crypto currencies. They will not give their money for alts if there isn't bitcoin.

I think you'd be able to feels its effects on other alts but with that being said, I think some other coin will eventually replace it. Sooner or later.
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:07:52 AM

I don't think this is really a crash, the reason the price is low is because most people talk profit on friday for weekend, I don't see it talking the market down if it crash but note that when the rally starts you want to be holding BTC,
VenturaBro

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:09:17 AM

I don't think this is really a crash, the reason the price is low is because most people talk profit on friday for weekend, I don't see it talking the market down if it crash but note that when the rally starts you want to be holding BTC,

Well, maybe not a crash but you have to admit that around early January, btc and a lot of coins fell drastically.
KevenDabid

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:15:27 AM

Maybe you should know why bitcoin is falling.
Bitcoin is moving too fast from $10, 000 to $20, 000, because many people in South Korea and Japan only know that cryptocurrencies can make money and get involved.
In January, South Korea intends to close exchange (false), Japanese exchange stolen token, shielding exchange sites in China, India restricted cryptocurrency market, these countries just limit the cryptocurrency market, the market began to panic, led to the sharp drop in BTC, but it is also a process to remove bubbles.

Babayan

Activity: 546
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:16:47 AM

Of course, first it will affect the whole crypto market, the quotes of all the cryptocurrencies will go down. However, promising coins, which have a real use, such as Ether or Neo, will be restored, and perhaps they will get the first place, and bitcoin will be forgotten. But it is unlikeky happen soon Wink

I AM ALIVE AND AMPLIFIED
Xioma

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:19:13 AM

Of course, first it will affect the market as a whole, the quotes of all the criptocurrencies will go down. However, promising coins, such as the ether or neo, will be restored, and perhaps they will get the first place, and bitcoin will be forgotten. But it is unlikeky happen soon Wink

Agreed. Grin I don't think bitcoin will be forgotten for a long time for now at least. Even if it crashes pretty badly again.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:20:54 AM

It would bring down other coins because they are traded against each other, unless you trade in fiat / altcoin pairings if bitcoin goes down it will affect the value of the other coins traded against it.
alexwolf011

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

Miner, Trader

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:25:00 AM

Many coins are investigated by BTC holders.

Thus, it is reasonable that "BTC down" causes alt down.

USD enters crypto market through BTC because BTC is the most reliable coin.

QUANTUM 1NET • QUANTUM HACKING IS COMING. ARE YOU READY? • QUANTUM 1NET  (https://quantum1net.com/)
Altcoindealer

Activity: 699
Merit: 135

XAYA - THE ULTIMATE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:27:38 AM

Thats a good question. I really hope not. But every altcoin price is measured in bitcoin. So you see all altcoinds dumping when bitcoins dump. There are some exchanges which you can trade in eth or even ltc, but thats a very small part. I hope in future they find a new ways to measure the value of the coins who not depends on the bitcoin price. So altcoins were safe when bitcoin dumps oder crash.
adamlillian

Activity: 459

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:30:58 AM

In my opinion, when bitcoin is crashed, all other altcoins will be greatly affected, there may be some altcoins that will disappear in the electronic money market.
It can be said Bitcoin has created itself a strong electronic money market. So when Bitcoin crashed, all the altcoins would fall down because the king had collapsed. When bitcoin crashed, imagine it was like a country without a president or king. That country will become panic and will soon be lost.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:37:21 AM

so far each time bitcoin crashes, altcoins crash with it and most of them crash even harder because the panic in altcoins have always been more severe and there is no future for them so everyone panic sells not just newbies who didn't understand what was going on.

people trade altcoins to make profit on the bitcoin they already have. when bitcoin drops they remove their buy orders to take that bitcoin to bitcoin/usd market so they can sell and buy back at the bottom.

or they sell their altcoins because they know they are falling and they don't want to lose money. and also to have money ready to buy bitcoin with it at the bottom.

this made my day, thank you Cheesy

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
dsaijz03

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 11:39:11 AM

Maybe because they think that if BTC drop the whole crypto will fall that is why some altcoin holder are selling there coin and exchange to fiat or selling it to buy Bitcoin that might cause of pulling down altcoins prices.
Ai7xpressTV

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:40:21 AM

Maybe the most coins are schocked when BTC is going down a little bit but this is okey for me, because the most stuff will start to go up when Bitcoi makes some strong moves again. It could take some time but it will be worth it to hold!
rolloutdude

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:45:40 AM

Actually the crypto market does not only involve BTC-USD and BTC-ALTS, trading platforms also included other currency. There's even a cryptocurrency called "Tether" which is meant to safe keep your money when the market is down so this does not really mean they are "withdrawing their funds" rather safekeeping it.
jagu359

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:49:00 AM

Yes , Because the Most of the Exchange websites Provides the Pair with BTC only , Initial when Bitcoin falls, the value of the other coins drops by the dollar value immediately . then other coin slowly Increases. So don't get panic when bitcoin drops , just hold ......
hiddenmist

Activity: 199

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:51:39 AM

If bitcoin crash, altcoins will also affected because bitcoin rely in its value in dollars and not in altcoin. If the seller convert it to fiat, altcoin will crash unless they buy it with altcoin.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: