Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:08:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If the BTC crash, will it take every other coin with it?  (Read 1726 times)
shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 07:39:43 PM

I am holding only a few bitcoins at the moment.
Hi guys, BTC is going down again today.
I don´t hold any BTC because I don´t see future in this coin, but...

For me, if bitcoin dies, another altcoin which is going to be 100% regulated will take it's place, and with this, i mean that another altcoin coming from a government, instution or just from the major banks are going to replace it.

But yeah, we do not know if that is going to happen or when.

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
luongdk

Activity: 686
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:44:31 PM

According to history, every fall leads to growing something another stronger and something that is more adopted to modern life. I think, that the same thing with cryptocurrencies. While BTC falls modern and actual tokens are rising, replacing him. But it wouldn't be now, in my opinion.
rumexx

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:47:01 PM

Bitcoin going down is normal after this southward movement, it will re bounce and go up north.The bitcoin owners selling off are those in profit already, The owners who are not in profit are still holding their coin because it will surely go up. You know bitcoin is the father of all altcoins and they will always be affected either way once Bitcoin shakes. So love bitcoin and have faith in blockchain technology because it is the future.
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:51:43 PM

BTC is the king of crypto, so yes, if btc crashes it does effect all the market, basically people start selling all there holdings in panic and cashout there investment in loss resulting in overall reduction in the market cap.

OziTuSan

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 07:53:11 PM

I did not understand why the BTC price did not go up. There's always a price close to $ 10,000. I have an investment in Bitcoin. If the Bitcoin price goes down, the price goes down in other digital currencies. Everyone's investment is lost.
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:55:00 PM

Why would Bitcoin crash and die in the first place? There are many interesting projects out there but it is really difficult to guess which one would take most of the Bitcoin users. Ethereum was not designed for handling daily transactions which we could see when the cryptokitties were released. Usually, every Bitcoin correction leads to temporary crash of alts which recover pretty quickly so it is easy to profit if you choose a proper altcoin.
svobodnyi

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:56:54 PM

Bitcoin is the most important crypto currency, if it goes down - everything goes down. This is due to the fact that at a certain time, many traders withdraw money. Recently there was a new year, everyone needed money to celebrate, make presents to family and friends. In this regard, there was a large volume of sales, which significantly reduced the cost of bitcoins.
But when there will be money - traders will start buying bitcoins, because it is now cheap, the demand for it will be and the price will increase.
This is the psychology of cryptoexchange))

richan

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:59:53 PM

Other coins are base on value of a product or service been offered, so if BTC is going down it won't have any effect on other coins. Even if Bitcoins is found down, other coins will have to go up because traders will be withdrawing for a safe haven to put their money
Akash1243

Merit: 257

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:00:22 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 04:25:51 AM by Akash1243

When bitcoins crashes it affects the crypto currencies a lot but they recover fast.This drop was caused by recent correction of bitcoins as they increased very fast in small period of time.And as bitcoins drops it creates opportunity to buy bitcoins in cheaper rates so I think people might sell their other coins to invest in bitcoins.Altcoins also crashes as many people panic sell due to bitcoin drop.
ramgonzales

Activity: 162
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:21:22 PM

Considering that most, if not all, alt coins were derived from BTC, it would probably follow that it takes down the value of other coins if it crashes. It's all a balancing act if you ask me. It would also be best to check trends/charts to see what happens to alt coins if BTC experiences a dip or surge.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
Payne976

Activity: 112
Merit: 72

"ETHERJACK.io - Blockchain Jackpot game! ICO LIVE!

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:32:13 PM

I'm a true believer in the big coins, and soon they will provide many of the functions that altcoins provide. If btc crashes it won't die, I can't say the same for the majority of altcoins. Personally I think we have two years before the cull starts.

Lerikaweb

Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:33:55 PM

the whole story around cryptocurrency began with Bitcoin. So it is strange of the author to say he does't see any future of the coin. BTC is the God in this world, and the author is an atheist who goes to church just not to stand out of the crowd. Pretty a bad comparison, i never meant to hurt anyones'feelings, but the idea stays clear.

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:48:03 PM

Hi guys, BTC is going down again today.
I don´t hold any BTC because I don´t see future in this coin, but...
Always when BTC is going down so everyone else, do you think that in case of dramatic fall will every other crypto go down too?
And it brings me another question, when people sel their BTC, where the money goes? Do they make instant withdraws in USD and get out of the trade completely? Cos if BTC is going down some else should rise but whole market is on decrease.

The only reason the cryptocurrency market has been popular in the last few months is due to how huge bitcoin became and how its price skyrocketed over the last year, before that there was not as many people involved in this market like today, first the chances of bitcoin falling are low, because its price is way higher than any other cryptocurrency there is, so there will always be people investing in it, and if it does than it will defentily have a huge impact on the market, and we will defenitly see the prices of the other cryptocurrencies gow down as well, but sooner or later another one will start going up again and take the place of bitcoin.
Goldberg007

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:19:37 PM

Yes I think if bitcoin crash than it will take other with it, because bitcoin is the only coin in the cryptocurrency and other are only altcoin,without bitcoin other altcoin will not survive.
jim_crypto

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:26:21 PM

Im afraid the fact that BTC going down as you put it  - & takeing all the ALTS with it - does mean it has a future. I dont personally have a huge investment in BTC but it certainly has value... maybe not utiltity - however with the number of DEVs they have I would give it the respect it should deserve.

Hopefully February brings us all some upwards progress !!  Grin
Sircheat

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 06:51:57 AM

I just hope someday, that altcoins will stop being pegged to btc. Cos as long as it is so, most altcoins will really find it hard if btc ever crashes... 😎
cryptomema

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:59:09 AM

Btc is the foundation of all the cryptocurrencies the first of its kind,alts were based in its alogarithm but if the BTC has crashed morelikely most of the alts are going to follow its footstep especially the ones that has no working product/servives in real life.So i suggest stick with some solid alts you are believe BTC will decline in the future,but with the development of these new alts some will survive from the BTC's crash.

DontPlayWithMe

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:03:14 AM

Not all altcoins will dump also, those altcoins with strong fundamentals will still go up. That's why it is suggestible you have always bitcoin on your portfolio atleast 20% - 50% so when the times right now comes almost of the coin are going down you can go shopping and it will give an easy profit.
SenSeiSoKo

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:03:50 AM

yes maybe it will but that is not safe. there are different reasons why the market can fall or rise but at the moment there won't be a crash soon but nobody knows for sure, if a crash is a correction or otherwise... good night or day
sean.maley

Activity: 85

Machine Learning & AI - Trustless Ledger System

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:28:39 AM

BTC is the king of crypto, so yes, if btc crashes it does effect all the market, basically people start selling all there holdings in panic and cashout there investment in loss resulting in overall reduction in the market cap.

I was also thinking same up till last month but somehow I have changed my point of view. Because even when btc was falling, there were some altcoins going higher. That made me think that even if btc crashes, there is still chance that solid coins can survive.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: