Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:55:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [KRYPTOTRADER] Live Exchange Feeds and Other Tools  (Read 3797 times)
blackswan (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 01:27:48 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2013, 08:12:11 PM by blackswan

SITE STATUS: Open Beta.

Hey there folks.

I've been working on a personal project of mine, which is this live-streaming web application for monitoring the securities on BTCT and Litecoin Global.

Check it out at http://kryptotrader.com

A little background
I'm currently a student in university studying design, but I've got a bit of a technical background either working freelance or doing short term contracts for startups.  I've built a whole variety of web applications, and my expertise is in Javascript, PHP, jQuery, CSS, and user interface design (basically, I love building interfaces).

A couple weeks ago, I realized I wanted an easy way to keep updated on the realtime trades going on at these exchanges, so I built a quick feed that checked the API that burnside set up on his exchanges.  After a little tinkering, I started to add more and more features of what I wanted.  Soon enough, it got to the point where I threw it all together into one platform for you guys.

The Design
I went with a Flat style design for this application, something a bit experimental for me since I usually make more refined and pixel perfect designs.  But I chose to go this route because of the nature of the application.  In a data heavy site, users should be able to focus solely on what's important.  The information.  Colors help accent and visually divide the data, but again, the attention is on the live streaming data.

Features
  • Live streaming trade feeds from BTCT and Litecoin Global
  • Feed items grouped by security for easy reading
  • Live trade charts
  • Live bid and ask orderbooks for each security
  • Relative Strength Index (RSI) charts generated for each security
  • Alerts!  Get an email whenever a price hits a certain point, and etc
  • Cool charts and whatnot
  • Trollbox  Grin

Coming soon
  • Watchlist (specifically follow certain securities, may allow login to load your portfolio's securities)
  • More technical indicators (suggestions, and assistance would be appreciated)
  • You tell me!  I'd love to hear what you all would like to see added, and I'll do my best

Pro Version?
I'm in the works of expanding on the platform and building a pro version.  This is basically a subscription based addition to access the super awesome features (which I'm building).  I'd love to gauge interest for something like this, since it will be quite of bit of extra work to build.  I'd charge something like 0.1 BTC per month (maybe?).
Stuff like:
  • Stealth bids and asks
  • Incorporating SMS alerts using http://www.twilio.com/sms (a paid service)
  • Getting a faster server
  • Dashboard with portfolio analysis (see which of your holdings are doing the best and why)
  • Earning projections
  • Graphs, graphs everywhere
  • List to be expanded on as I think of more stuff

Final thoughts
So... this was basically a two week project of mine (that I kinda obsessed over).  I'd love to hear what you all think.  I'm still actively developing this whenever I get free time, so if you have any suggestions for additional features, let me know.

Once again, Kryptotrader is available at http://kryptotrader.com.

Live trade feeds and tools Kryptotrader.
Creative Director at Pixelmess.  Personal work:  Behance
Keninishna

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 01:58:18 AM

Nice, but its not loading for me but it could be because I'm on a work computer.
deltanine

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 04:00:27 AM

I like it a lot.

I'm on a Mac and it does not load on Safari or Chrome.  Works great on firefox though.

Freedom is a state of mind, and then Bitcoin comes along.....
-S4VV4S
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 04:14:58 AM

Does not load on Safari in iOS.
blackswan (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 04:41:40 AM

My bad!  I had a debugger logging events that was tripping up Chrome and Safari.
I've disabled it and it should work fine in those browsers now.

Duffer1

Activity: 227

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 04:43:18 AM

It's great.  Bookmarked.  

blackswan (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 04:45:50 AM

It's great.  Bookmarked.  

Thanks!  And I know the BTC value is laggy sometimes, but I believe it's because I'm using socket.io to get the price.  I'm actually about to switch to a different method that shouldn't have those issues.

stslimited

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 04:46:33 AM

looking good on chrome

I ****realllyyyy**** would prefer candlestick charts at different time intervals
blackswan (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 04:50:31 AM

looking good on chrome

I ****realllyyyy**** would prefer candlestick charts at different time intervals
You're referring to the history chart?
That can be done fairly easily.  What would be a suggested time interval?

For a reference as to which charts I can generate, I'm using Highcharts.js
They have demos here.

medicine

Activity: 697
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 05:11:24 AM

Cool project, nice work.
I'm viewing it with internet explorer and the scrolling function with the wheel mouse is only moving charts mm per scroll.  I can scroll down all other pages quickly.
Don't know if anyone else found this, or if it's a quick fix or not.

Very cool though.
Peace.
FloatesMcgoates

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 05:13:32 AM

I would pay over 1 BTC/month for the ability to place "stealth bids/asks" in a sort of dark-pool esque fashion. Unfortunately I do not see how you would be able to implement such a feature.
blackswan (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 05:19:45 AM

I would pay over 1 BTC/month for the ability to place "stealth bids/asks" in a sort of dark-pool esque fashion. Unfortunately I do not see how you would be able to implement such a feature.
I would implement the oauth authentication method documented by Burnside on his API.  When you sign up for membership, I would prompt you to login and BTCT will authorize Kryptotrader to make trades on your behalf.  When you place a stealth order, I store the order on my database and when it gets triggered the application will place the order.  All without adding to the orderbook (other than the split second when the trade gets executed) Wink

blackswan (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 05:20:58 AM

Cool project, nice work.
I'm viewing it with internet explorer and the scrolling function with the wheel mouse is only moving charts mm per scroll.  I can scroll down all other pages quickly.
Don't know if anyone else found this, or if it's a quick fix or not.

Very cool though.
Peace.
Unfortunately I'm on a mac and haven't debugged for IE yet.  It's on the todo though.

001sonkit

Activity: 784

Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 05:33:52 AM

love it,
minor things and suggestion:
1: color of username and seconds ago
2: place new orders to orderbook with BTCT acc API key
3: also a tipping address to you if above were done Smiley
4: overlay box shrink content with -transition instead of just scale

GEMINI ACCOUNT REVIEW - Source of Funds Request
FloatesMcgoates

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 05:44:12 AM

I would implement the oauth authentication method documented by Burnside on his API.  When you sign up for membership, I would prompt you to login and BTCT will authorize Kryptotrader to make trades on your behalf.  When you place a stealth order, I store the order on my database and when it gets triggered the application will place the order.  All without adding to the orderbook (other than the split second when the trade gets executed) Wink

I'm not sure I understand whats going on

Lets say a bid is at 1.00 and ask is at 2.00.

- I place a dark pool bid at 1.2
- Some guy decides to fill the bid at 1.00 that he sees

Does my order get filled?

From what I read, it seems like you are just going to fill asks when they reach a certain point, for example

-Bid is at 1.00, ask is at 2.00
-I place a dark pool bid at 1.2
-Guy fills bid at 1.00
     - My dark pool bid is not filled

-New ask is at .8
-Guy places ask at 1.2
      - Now my dark pool bid is filled

Is what I am understanding correct? Because this setup is not exactly 100% stealth bid/ask.
blackswan (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 05:48:09 AM

love it,
minor things and suggestion:
1: color of username and seconds ago
2: place new orders to orderbook with BTCT acc API key
3: also a tipping address to you if above were done Smiley
4: overlay box shrink content with -transition instead of just scale
1. Just addressed!  Better?
2. Coming to Pro version.  You'll be able to login to your BTCT acc in that version and do all the things you'd be able to on BTCT.
3. Haha you can tip to my BTCT wallet so I can buy more shares: 15QmNkoes1UyhKcsCpVrG3k8gVaiNkfBbF
4. Using the http://lab.hakim.se/avgrund/ plugin right now, but I'll look into making modifications.

blackswan (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 05:51:18 AM

From what I read, it seems like you are just going to fill asks when they reach a certain point, for example

-Guy fills bid at 1.00

-New ask is at .8
-Guy places ask at 1.2

Is what I am understanding correct? Because this setup is not exactly 100% stealth bid/ask.
Ah a tiny miscommunication.  You're right, I'd only be able to place orders when they reach a certain point.  Or when price spikes/dips by more than [insert percentage here].

It's more like, place an order when price reaches a certain point.
Useful when a large selloff or buy is happening you want in without adding to the orderbook.

In another scenario.  Let's say you put in a "stealth" ask at 6.0.  The current ask is at 7.0.  But you want to dump your shares quietly.
Whenever someone puts in a bid for more than 6.0, Kryptotrader will execute that ask and sell off x shares at that person's bid.  It will continue doing so until your stealth order is filled.

BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 06:02:33 AM

Great. It works on Chrome now. But still does not work well on smartphone. A mobile version will be great. But thanks a lot for what you have done.
FloatesMcgoates

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 06:02:54 AM

-Guy fills bid at 1.00

-New ask is at .8
-Guy places ask at 1.2

Ah a tiny miscommunication.  You're right, I'd only be able to place orders when they reach a certain point.  Or when price spikes/dips by more than [insert percentage here].

Useful when a large selloff or buy is happening you want in without adding to the orderbook.

In another scenario.  Let's say you put in a "stealth" ask at 6.0.  The current ask is at 7.0.  But you want to dump your shares quietly.
Whenever someone puts in a bid for more than 6.0, Kryptotrader will execute that ask and sell off x shares at that person's bid.  It will continue doing so until your stealth order is filled.

Yeah that's disappointing, if I wanted to just fill asks I can do that without any sort of third party program. Also, during panic sells only bids are being filled while asks lag behind significantly, so your pseudo stealth order would actually lose money in this instance. Anyway, I wish you luck.
blackswan (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 06:10:25 AM

-Guy fills bid at 1.00

-New ask is at .8
-Guy places ask at 1.2

Yeah that's disappointing, if I wanted to just fill asks I can do that without any sort of third party program. Also, during panic sells only bids are being filled while asks lag behind significantly, so your pseudo stealth order would actually lose money in this instance. Anyway, I wish you luck.
Yes, of course you can constantly look at a securities page and fill any bid orders to your liking.  But that requires constant attention and checking.  If you decided to simply place your ask order below everyone else, then you run the risk of dropping the price because people might lower their bids.  That's the use of these stealth orders.

Another case is if you have a large wall you wanna put up without influencing the price.  Think of it as a semi invisible wall.

BitThink:  Ah, I haven't done any of the mobile conversion yet.  But that will come in due time.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: