Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:50:19 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi or FIAT when selling?  (Read 56 times)
Levieth02ng (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:39:59 PM

Actually I own a big bag of a certain crypto, that I bought at 0.0005 satoshi and it was worth like 8,18$ at that time.
Now its value is less than 8$ but the satoshi price has increased to 0.0007.

I'm in for the long run, so I wouldn't cash out these on FIAT, but I'd rather re-invest those money on another coin.
My question is if it's profitable to sell now when the satoshi price is higher, or I would go in a loss anyway even if the price is higher in btc price just because the FIAT price is down?
francojon

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:49:03 PM

Actually I own a big bag of a certain crypto, that I bought at 0.0005 satoshi and it was worth like 8,18$ at that time.

I'm in for the long run, so I wouldn't cash out these on FIAT, but I'd rather re-invest those money on another coin.
My question is if it's profitable to sell now when the satoshi price is higher, or I would go in a loss anyway even if the price is higher in btc price just because the FIAT price is down?

A million dollar question. Most people in the forum would tell you "sell for bitcoin and hodl". My recipe in this case is the same, sell now unless you have a very clear expectation of the coin going up or unless it has given you proof of being able to go up fast.
jbautistangina

Activity: 258
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:49:27 PM

If and if your goal is to have more BTC you should calculate your gains in satoshis,for me if a coin's value has increased in USD but the the satoshis have decreased from my buying point i wont be called it as gain.But if you are into USD value that would be your gain we should know that BTC's value fluctuates while the USD value will remain fixed and it depends on your intention of trading personally i believe in BTC's future that is why my goal is to have more BTCs.

Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:52:34 PM

That depends if you're trading to gain more satoshi's or gain more fiat.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2898
Merit: 773

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:58:06 PM

This is entirely depending on which you are up to. If you are basing or targeting on having more satoshis then you would always look out for satoshi price and dont minding on its equivalent to fiat.They are correlated to each other which means decision would vary on whats your target.In most cases i do always love to look on satoshi price which i can able to accumulate on those kind of movement.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bubbagump

Activity: 104
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:02:45 PM

A million dollar question. Most people in the forum would tell you "sell for bitcoin and hodl". My recipe in this case is the same, sell now unless you have a very clear expectation of the coin going up or unless it has given you proof of being able to go up fast.

I generally agree with what Levieth02ng said, but there's also the greater than usual volatility happening in BTC and the market as a whole right now to worry about.  Nobody other than the megawhales seems to know which way the market is going to move these days so hedging into fiat might not be as bad a call as it normally would be.  There's also the potential tax implications depending on what your country's rules are.  I know that some jurisdictions have different rules for trades involving fiat than pure crypto to crypto trades, so that's something else to think about.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: