Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:23:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why are there so many scammers when it comes to bitcoins and paypal  (Read 1316 times)
bitcoins4sale (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 02:44:57 AM

why are there so many scammers when it comes to bitcoins and paypal, I am a legitimate seller but i have been ripped off by paypal users claiming chargebacks anyway to win a case with this

anyone ??
Keyser Soze

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 02:47:08 AM

It is way too easy to reverse the transaction with PayPal while impossible with bitcoin. Doing these kind of trades is just asking to be scammed.
Kyle91

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 02:57:03 AM

I feel sorry for the people who aren't scammers that use this method.
bitcoins4sale (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 02:58:57 AM

I no same here as i had a legit person i dealt with before. But i dont want to use this method again so i lost a customer  Embarrassed
bitcoins4sale (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 03:12:21 AM

I just have charge backs on my account and funds are held in like 3 different transactions. So its messed up one of my methods, plus i sent the coins already so am totally screwed  Cry
LovingDomains

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 03:29:19 AM

Paypal always protect the buyer in chargeback case especially for intangible goods. It is quite unfair for the merchants.
fildza

Activity: 322

Ask me anything if you have any problem

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 04:02:16 AM

Why not use escrow service for trade ?

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Keyser Soze

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 04:13:18 AM

Escrow doesn't really help as the person sending the PayPal can file a claim long after the transaction took place. It just wouldn't be practical.
bitcoins4sale (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 04:19:35 AM

Escrow doesn't really help as the person sending the PayPal can file a claim long after the transaction took place. It just wouldn't be practical.

he's right
LovingDomains

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 04:59:24 AM

Anyway, I think paypal does not allow for such bitcoin exchange transactions as per their terms?
pokergodjjj

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 05:07:34 AM

How can I buy with paypal? I Would like to buy with Paypal.
Keyser Soze

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 05:13:01 AM

Anyway, I think paypal does not allow for such bitcoin exchange transactions as per their terms?

This is correct.

Good luck finding anyone. If you do they will probably have high fees to recoup chargebacks.
xpoint

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 05:44:20 AM

everyone who was selling and accepting paypal was scamed, so there is none left i guess
Jetstreamz

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 05:46:52 AM

What ever happened to Paypal's 'Buyer Protection Service'?
MrW00f

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 06:00:21 AM

I thought that the buyer protection didn't cover intangible goods & services???
acis4283

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 06:32:31 AM

Unfortunately paypay has always been against anything which makes it worth using.  I remember that currency exchange was always against their ToS and if a buyer initiated a chargeback, there's nothing you can do as a seller.  I'm happy bitcoin exists and that these problems will fade out over time.  I mean it all comes down to trust in the end, and you might still have to use escrow, but it's still better in the end
crazynoggin

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 10:03:16 AM

Is there a time limit on how long you have before a chargeback could not be done? If so, you should specifically state that you will not send the coins until that time has passed and do just that.

Use my referral link if you want: https://primedice.com/?ref=Crazynoggin
Advocado

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 12:12:20 PM

Why are there scammers?

1. Free money
2. see 1.
murraypaul

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 12:14:29 PM

Is there a time limit on how long you have before a chargeback could not be done? If so, you should specifically state that you will not send the coins until that time has passed and do just that.

As a buyer, why should I trust any seller who does that?

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
Buster

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 01:11:38 PM

Chargebacks can occur months after a transaction. So if someone pays by Paypal, they haven't really 'paid' anything until months have passed and the chance of a chargeback lessens over time.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: