Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:01:36 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why are there so many scammers when it comes to bitcoins and paypal  (Read 1316 times)
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 01:12:10 PM

why are there so many scammers when it comes to bitcoins and paypal, I am a legitimate seller but i have been ripped off by paypal users claiming chargebacks anyway to win a case with this

anyone ??

bitcoin - non-reversible
paypal - reversible

Do you see the problem?
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 01:21:05 PM

why are there so many scammers when it comes to bitcoins and paypal, I am a legitimate seller but i have been ripped off by paypal users claiming chargebacks anyway to win a case with this

anyone ??

im in the same boat but lucky for me paypal cant get fuck all out of my bank accounts XD they want to go to court over it i will and ill hammer the shit out of them with 100s of people in the same boat... ill make banks paying back ppi look like loose change.. iv sold for years on ebay and thought id give selling bitcoins a go, regretted it a month later when i lost my first battle... since then iv stopped using paypal and ebay for almost anything theres 1 company i use paypal for and thats it everything else goes through bank transfers now

if Anonymous ever attack paypal again im going to be there with them..

in the mean time thanks to paypal my accounts £121 in the red and there not getting a fucking penny back XD

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 01:22:04 PM

anyone ??

im in the same boat but lucky for me paypal cant get fuck all out of my bank accounts XD they want to go to court over it i will and ill hammer the shit out of them with 100s of people in the same boat... ill make banks paying back ppi look like loose change.. iv sold for years on ebay and thought id give selling bitcoins a go, regretted it a month later when i lost my fist battle... since then iv stopped using paypal and ebay for almost anything theres 1 company i use paypal for and thats it everything else goes through bank transfers now

in the mean time thanks to paypal my accounts £121 in the red and there not getting a fucking penny back XD

lesson learned: bitcoin and paypal don't mix well.
vm1990
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 01:23:45 PM

anyone ??

im in the same boat but lucky for me paypal cant get fuck all out of my bank accounts XD they want to go to court over it i will and ill hammer the shit out of them with 100s of people in the same boat... ill make banks paying back ppi look like loose change.. iv sold for years on ebay and thought id give selling bitcoins a go, regretted it a month later when i lost my fist battle... since then iv stopped using paypal and ebay for almost anything theres 1 company i use paypal for and thats it everything else goes through bank transfers now

lesson learned: bitcoin and paypal don't mix well.

they say banks are the worst people on earth but i disagree its paypal and anyone working for paypal should be shot... i hate paypal i hate anything to do with paypal and if i ever find a scammer in person they will be buried alive...

murraypaul

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 01:37:13 PM

anyone ??

im in the same boat but lucky for me paypal cant get fuck all out of my bank accounts XD they want to go to court over it i will and ill hammer the shit out of them with 100s of people in the same boat... ill make banks paying back ppi look like loose change..

You'd lose.
What you did was against Paypal's terms and conditions, which you agreed to.
What they did was allowed by Paypal's terms and conditions, which you agreed to.

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
vm1990
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 01:42:20 PM

anyone ??

im in the same boat but lucky for me paypal cant get fuck all out of my bank accounts XD they want to go to court over it i will and ill hammer the shit out of them with 100s of people in the same boat... ill make banks paying back ppi look like loose change..

You'd lose.
What you did was against Paypal's terms and conditions, which you agreed to.
What they did was allowed by Paypal's terms and conditions, which you agreed to.

selling of digital products is allowed on ebay and not against there rules... but its only recently America has admitted bitcoin is a digital currency.. the way i see bitcoin is like Microsoft points for the xbox, which would comply with there rules or other digital product codes.

cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 01:57:52 PM

Paypal sent debt collectors after me just for being £25 in the red.

Also lost money thanks to payment reversals from hacked ebay accounts buying my LTC/Steam codes. All in all had a pretty shitty experience with Fleabay, hope sites like Bitmit/Coingig become more popular.
marcovaldo

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 01:59:45 PM

That costs them nothing.
They sell your debt to an other company for 50% of the price if  the other company can get the money from you

BITEX
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                              ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███

The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank
TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE

███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
               ███     ███     ███
                 ███     ███     ███

WHITEPAPER | ANN
JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
vm1990
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 02:00:12 PM

Also lost money thanks to payment reversals from hacked ebay accounts buying my LTC/Steam codes. All in all had a pretty shitty experience with Fleabay, hope sites like Bitmit/Coingig become more popular.

theyll have a hell of a fight if they want any money back after all how the hell is it the sellers faulty if people are to stupid to use secure passwords...

murraypaul

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 03:04:21 PM

selling of digital products is allowed on ebay and not against there rules...

Selling of Bitcoin or Bitcoin related items is not allowed using Paypal.

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
LovingDomains

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 11:27:34 AM

Is there a time limit on how long you have before a chargeback could not be done? If so, you should specifically state that you will not send the coins until that time has passed and do just that.

It should be about 60 or 90 days if I remember correctly.
marcovaldo

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 11:28:23 AM

Is there a time limit on how long you have before a chargeback could not be done? If so, you should specifically state that you will not send the coins until that time has passed and do just that.

180 days actually

BITEX
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                              ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███

The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank
TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE

███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
               ███     ███     ███
                 ███     ███     ███

WHITEPAPER | ANN
JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 11:43:40 AM

180 days actually

This is why most people when dealing with paypal for Bitcoin will request a escrow which would contain the money in there for 180 days. However, most people tend not to go for this because it's a very long wait. Therefore, many people tend to deal with reputable members or exchanges. Even then there is a chance that you could get scammed. Don't trust someone because of past experience & rating. Just take that has a indicate and judge for yourself.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 11:46:17 AM

the answer is really easy: greed.

WuLabsWuTecH

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 01:40:47 PM

anyone ??

im in the same boat but lucky for me paypal cant get fuck all out of my bank accounts XD they want to go to court over it i will and ill hammer the shit out of them with 100s of people in the same boat... ill make banks paying back ppi look like loose change.. iv sold for years on ebay and thought id give selling bitcoins a go, regretted it a month later when i lost my first battle... since then iv stopped using paypal and ebay for almost anything theres 1 company i use paypal for and thats it everything else goes through bank transfers now

You'd very quickly lose because you were using the service for something they do not allow.  PP is a risk, some people use it, but you have to do so very cautiously...  For most, the rewards is not worth the hassle of selling on PP.
WuLabsWuTecH

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 01:44:18 PM

That costs them nothing.
They sell your debt to an other company for 50% of the price if  the other company can get the money from you

If you happen to have a lawyer on retainer or an annual account (I do, where I pay a flat fee regardless of how much I use the legal firm), just have them send a letter.  It's not worth most debt collections agencies' time to go after 25 bucks.  half.com (a part of ebay) came after me for about $150 USD that they claim I owed them.  It was a glitch in their system, but after my lawyer sent them a request for proof of debt and notice of representation, they immediately dropped it.  The risk of them screwing up (for example, if they contacted me through email and not through my lawyer, it could cost them $1000 per email since that's harassment when I've obtained legal representation), and the cost it would take to research and produce the documents and then later fight my lawyer on it is just not worth it to them.
bitcoins4sale (OP)

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 01:40:21 AM

anyone ??

Well i don't think they can get anything from my bank. I will make sure its empty lol. £121 in the red mine £467 lol stupid scammers and paypal are flippin nobs. :@ i have had that account for like 8 years aswell pretty pissed of actually but am not paying that. The scammers or who ever got there coins happily and left me fucked over with charge backs
vm1990
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 05:01:56 PM

anyone ??

Well i don't think they can get anything from my bank. I will make sure its empty lol. £121 in the red mine £467 lol stupid scammers and paypal are flippin nobs. :@ i have had that account for like 8 years aswell pretty pissed of actually but am not paying that. The scammers or who ever got there coins happily and left me fucked over with charge backs

iv just stopped all DD to Paypal and got a new card... i also know people who work in the HMRC who are going to cause Paypal and ebay trouble.. They dont pay as much Tax as they should so they want to play hard ball ill drop them in it they can get £121 off me but ill happily make sure someone takes Millions off them..

i also sent an email to them requesting them to contact me on the issue of the over drawn funds and iv heard nothing back, so the balls in there park they come after me i have proof i have asked them to help resolve the problem.. and as i keep saying how the hell is it the sellers responsibility to keep buyers account safe?? most banks know this and have 2 step authentication if paypal want to risk peoples money by having an obsolete system then thats there fault.

but after all this its American so you really cant expect much...
also im not racist (well unless your American)

IvanGor

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 09:16:46 PM

The answer is simple. Hacked Paypal accounts. There is whole world of hackers waiting to buy btc with stolen paypal passwords. Finally the original owner of Paypal account knows about being hacked and asking for a chargeback while the hacker gets bitcoins which is not reversible transaction. This is why you loose.
pamontg

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 04:13:26 AM

the answer is very simple : do not accept paypal when you sell bitcoins... it is too risky
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: