Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:34:01 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL or SELL during dip???  (Read 775 times)
EHT7500

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:33:40 PM

You can just either create a stop loss mechanism depending on your risk appetite. if you think 1-5% is okay then just hodl, greater than 5% then get out before it slips further. I am just new into trading and i hope i am correct. hope we all make more this year!

Of course, stop-loss is the first thing you need to learn how to set. My mistake - ignored. The result - often did not have time and losses were.
EHT7500

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:39:21 PM

It is always good to hold your coins while there is a bloodbath out there. It is the wrong time to sell right now, even if you wanna leave the some coins or projects you should wait for a exit spike. I never sell any coins with a loss, I always sit it out.

Sitting can be very long. During this time, there is an opportunity to come out at a loss and for this money to make a lot more losses on a good coin
ezbreezy08

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:22:35 PM

If you're a long term investor sell it when the price is right and if dips then stay or hold it. Whatever the price will be i will focus on the increase of price of the coin.
rey.fudz15

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:27:04 PM

Usually I start buying more when price goes down if I have possibility to do so. And than deeper the price goes, more I am trying to buy. If project is good analysed and I am confident about it for sure.
That is applicable if the coin will give you better value ( more than ico price is considered as good price) in the future if the period of dip is uncertain when to stop but if the contrary happens i suggest you do reinvesting on other coin which has a better potential just like what OP said.

Holy Dank

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:29:13 PM

I say buy during the dip, and sell when it hits new all time highs
mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:56:18 PM

If you're a long term investor sell it when the price is right and if dips then stay or hold it. Whatever the price will be i will focus on the increase of price of the coin.
We always tend to focus on the increase of the price for us to gained profit. If holding for a long term we have to make sure that a certain coin is worth it and will grow in the market. Holding is good once you ensure that the project will develop and buy when you catch its dips of price.
Rodimill8

Activity: 238

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:10:04 PM

This is a regular question I see and 99.9% of the answer I see is HODL.

I agree generally but there are exceptions.  Here are a few and I hope others add what I missed.

1.  Coin is really bad you have to abandon it ASAP (see #2 also)
2.  There are better coins and you plan to re-invest (sell then buy another).
3.  If you foresee further dip (alt vs BTC or USD)
4.  If you flip and day trade (risky)

Hope this helps.  Good luck!!!

There are several variants of answers to your advices
1.Depends on where the coin was bought at the bottom or at the top.
2.quality of the coin
3.I agree with you that sometimes you need to keep coins for 2-3 months to get out in profit
4.If you working daily trading you must first learn the coin before buying and don`t  afraid a minimal drawdown.
5.It`s a fresh head and cold mind(means without emotion)
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:05:33 PM

When I entered the cryptocurrency market, I determined from the start that I was a Holder, my job was to pick a few potential coins, buy a low price and forget about them. Of course, I also have to read and study a lot of the crypto that I invest in, and invest in value so I do not care about price fluctuations in the market. However, after a recent crash just before Christmas, I have a question: "If you are a long-term investor, stop loss before the crash is necessary?"
There are two types of holders, those that do not make any adjustments to their strategies and those that do, if you want to take advantage of some obvious opportunities that is fine, just remember to not do that too often, I'm sure we are going to get heavy regulation in the future and any adjustment like the ones you are proposing will mean you will need to pay taxes on your earnings.
seo-maestro

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:08:14 PM

Not to sell - buy more to reduce average price of bought earlier altcoins, when price will go up  - get more profit
2stout

Activity: 2394
Merit: 595

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:16:45 PM

HODL and BUY during dip.
Sturdy

Activity: 58

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:06:20 PM

I think it's better to choose to sell and buy another coin that has good potential for investment, or wait for the new pump to sell the coin
uniqueheart

Activity: 27

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 08:31:18 PM

This depends on the project, what dips today could give x5 tomorrow
Xxxurrrad

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:49:18 AM

When I had few funds on the accounts I was selling. Now I always keep part of the portfolio in bitcoin and when I am dipping, I buy some interesting coins. Plus, I stopped buying coins for the whole portfolio and this also helps.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
OuterTech

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:31:54 PM

During the period the exchange rate of cryptos decreases, if you are investing in Bitcoin and ETH then hold and wait until the exchange rate increases again. If you hold the other altcoins, then the advice is to exchange from altcoins to USDT and keep until the market rebounds back in March. At these dip times, you need to calm and resolve.

RoooooR
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

GigTricks.io | A CRYPTO ECOSYSTEM FOR ON-DEMAND EC

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:46:55 PM

of course hodl!, who else here want to see his/her money go for nothing. But it's case to case if the coin you've buy has no update and no active devs then i believe it's time for you to cutloss. I mean it's an every traders taboo to do such kind of things, what can i leave you is a piece of advice. Please do take careful research when you are selecting at coin to invest with.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
Pesovanid

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:52:34 PM

During the period the exchange rate of cryptos decreases, if you are investing in Bitcoin and ETH then hold and wait until the exchange rate increases again. If you hold the other altcoins, then the advice is to exchange from altcoins to USDT and keep until the market rebounds back in March. At these dip times, you need to calm and resolve.

That is what I am doing. I hold all the coins I mined at present. I think the price could double or triple in 12 months.
Blue_oxen

Activity: 515
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:05:46 PM

I just hold my coins. because before investing in any coins, I have researched carefully. I believe in my coins and I do not sell in panic

xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:12:21 PM

If a coin is still dropping, you can sell and rebuy lower. But there is also a risk that you don't succeed to buy it at a lower price. You can also HODL. Sometimes it is good to sell if the price it went won't be reached after a lot of days/months. There is also the risk that a coin die.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:41:37 PM

Why sell when it is in dip? Clearly, the answer is HODL but if you miss the chance to sell your coins everything has it's turning back point. So it is up to you on when to let go your coins but the risk here is you might miss the chance if you miscalculated it. Anyway there's no perfect time for everything and it is up to you to take that risk to sell or to hold. Be sure you don't regret your decision in the end because it's no use.

fourpiece

Activity: 821
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:43:58 PM

Hodl and buy is the right thing to do while the market is down.  Go and buy your favorite coins while they are cheap ,fill your bags and wait till the market bounce back. Easy profit

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: