Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 09:03:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Dinero DIN Masternode/POW NeoScrypt Coin  (Read 41699 times)
newmz

Activity: 372
Merit: 250

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:55:54 AM

WTF is up with the mining of this coin?

A few calculators show it in the top 3 profitability for Nvidia 1060s & 1070s (I have 4 of each plus 2 1080s) but if I look at the coin's history on BSOD.pw pool, last 50 blocks... most of them are orphans! For the last 2 hours... pretty much all orphans. Is this a problem with the pool's wallet? Or the network?

I am currently mining BWK and I was looking around for an alternative - I don't like auto switching, I'd rather  do some research if I have time. Apart from the glaringly obvious point that this is another one of the MANY MANY neoscrypt/ skein / NIST5 / {insert algo here} DASH clones that have emerged (which is obviously great for developers and early adopters who get cheap masternodes and then leech off miners) - this does seem like an interesting coin with reasonable activity here and the dev's comments seem reasonable, etc.

BUT

If one of the biggest pools mining this coin can have 2 hour runs of 40+ orphans there is a problem. Other people recently have posted that on various pools they have mined for long periods with little or no reward - perhaps they too were the victims of long stretches of orphan blocks.

I don't remember exactly how/why orphan blocks occur, but when I started mining ETH 2 years ago, they were just something that happened occasionally and seemingly randomly, and there were maybe 1 in 20 or less orphan blocks on a medium sized pool.

I have never seen anything like consecutive runs of many 10s of orphans in a row.

Anyway, the point is - I am not willing to mine this coin until this issue is addressed by either the dev or a representative of one or more of the pools, and I suggest anyone else considering mining this coin does the same. Yes I am a small time hobbyist miner with only 2 rigs and maybe 10mh/s in neoscrypt - but I have been mining for over 2 years and tried probably 50 different coins. I have never seen anything like this before.

Crypto currency enthusiast and miner since 2015. Mined approx 200 ETH during 2016 and 2017 and sold it at approximately $US40 each. Then I watched it reach $1000+ each. If anyone bothers to read this stuff pay attention to this: HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL

I started mining with 1 AMD 7950 and 1 R9-280X. Then I gradually built my AMD operation into 12 R9-290s. Awesome ETH hash but ridiculous power consumption and heat. Over the last year I defected to the Nvidia team. I now use GTX 1070s. They were expensive to buy (probably a bargain now) but awesome hash rate vs. power consumption. blah blah blah blah
hoangkieu

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:01:18 AM

A few calculators show it in the top 3 profitability for Nvidia 1060s & 1070s (I have 4 of each plus 2 1080s) but if I look at the coin's history on BSOD.pw pool, last 50 blocks... most of them are orphans! For the last 2 hours... pretty much all orphans. Is this a problem with the pool's wallet? Or the network?

I am currently mining BWK and I was looking around for an alternative - I don't like auto switching, I'd rather  do some research if I have time. Apart from the glaringly obvious point that this is another one of the MANY MANY neoscrypt/ skein / NIST5 / {insert algo here} DASH clones that have emerged (which is obviously great for developers and early adopters who get cheap masternodes and then leech off miners) - this does seem like an interesting coin with reasonable activity here and the dev's comments seem reasonable, etc.

BUT

If one of the biggest pools mining this coin can have 2 hour runs of 40+ orphans there is a problem. Other people recently have posted that on various pools they have mined for long periods with little or no reward - perhaps they too were the victims of long stretches of orphan blocks.

I don't remember exactly how/why orphan blocks occur, but when I started mining ETH 2 years ago, they were just something that happened occasionally and seemingly randomly, and there were maybe 1 in 20 or less orphan blocks on a medium sized pool.

I have never seen anything like consecutive runs of many 10s of orphans in a row.

Anyway, the point is - I am not willing to mine this coin until this issue is addressed by either the dev or a representative of one or more of the pools, and I suggest anyone else considering mining this coin does the same. Yes I am a small time hobbyist miner with only 2 rigs and maybe 10mh/s in neoscrypt - but I have been mining for over 2 years and tried probably 50 different coins. I have never seen anything like this before.
Which pools did you mine? Your pool might be on a forked chain, so led to orphan blocks.

newmz

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:28:33 AM

BUT

Which pools did you mine? Your pool might be on a forked chain, so led to orphan blocks.

I didn't mine on any yet, I was looking at the stats for BSOD.pw pool, and checked it's data for the last 50 blocks. I'm looking at BSOD because I already mine other coins there and it seems to accurately count my hash-rates compared to what my mining rigs report. I have also been reading previous posts and noticed quite a few people complaining that their payouts were very low and did not match what calculators say.

I know calculators often overstate what is true or calculate as if you were solo mining - but this coin looks like it has a deeper problem because the payout reward seems to be a much smaller fraction of what is calculated than the usual. It's much worse than just stale shares or occasional pool servers dropping out.

If I believed the calculators I use, Dinero would be a good coin to mine right now - but the actual stats for what is being mined don't get anywhere near what the calculators suggest.

Crypto currency enthusiast and miner since 2015. Mined approx 200 ETH during 2016 and 2017 and sold it at approximately $US40 each. Then I watched it reach $1000+ each. If anyone bothers to read this stuff pay attention to this: HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL

I started mining with 1 AMD 7950 and 1 R9-280X. Then I gradually built my AMD operation into 12 R9-290s. Awesome ETH hash but ridiculous power consumption and heat. Over the last year I defected to the Nvidia team. I now use GTX 1070s. They were expensive to buy (probably a bargain now) but awesome hash rate vs. power consumption. blah blah blah blah
newmz

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:27:25 AM

Looks like this coin is about to fall off a cliff to me.

Sorry to fart out the FUD but that's honestly how it looks.

lutuy

Activity: 128
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:55:05 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 12:03:06 PM by lutuy

NeoPool

Code:
-o stratum+tcp://neopool.net:4233 -u <WALLET_ADDRESS> -p c=DIN

Attention: Distribute power between pools, that would not be orphans...
Mallinea
Copper Member

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:30:29 PM

I would very much like to reserve Danish/Scandinavian translation
DineroCoin (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 86

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:40:27 PM

There has been a lot going in the past few weeks. I have prepared an update for anyone who wants  to take a look.

http://www.dinerocoin.org/Dinero-Update-13-Feb.pdf

Tarantulo

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

Go Blockchain!

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 08:21:47 AM

Looks like this coin is about to fall off a cliff to me.

Sorry to fart out the FUD but that's honestly how it looks.

Yeah I also panicked. And sold all my coins I had Sad

I had really high hopes for this project...

Elrond

- The Internet Scale Blockchain -  (https://Elrond.com)
Tarantulo

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

Go Blockchain!

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 08:33:31 AM

There has been a lot going in the past few weeks. I have prepared an update for anyone who wants  to take a look.

http://www.dinerocoin.org/Dinero-Update-13-Feb.pdf

Wow a nice update. Lol I might start mining again the coin. Some good points in there. I am so inconsistent... Smiley

Elrond

- The Internet Scale Blockchain -  (https://Elrond.com)
googee

Activity: 354
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:17:45 PM

this horse will soon soar high
Manur_0223

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:48:46 PM

There are so many possibilities for this coin. I always laugh when people demand to know "whats the plan?". It is soooo early on in crypto. No one knows whats going to happen.
Digital Drug Lord

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:05:48 PM

BUT

Coin is fucked. It's been like this since the beginning. Every now and then I check to see if it's fixed because it looks profitable. Still not.

Did this wallet come up with a virus? Could all be a front to steal wallet files
eviltuna

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:25:36 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2018, 05:23:19 AM by eviltuna

NEW Dinero DIN Pool - neoscrypt Pool 0% FEES

http://korepool.com

Miner Settings:
blake2s -o stratum+tcp://korepool.com:4233 -u WALLET_ADDRESS -p c=DIN

Claymore Settings:
-dpool stratum+tcp://korepool.com:4233 -dwal WALLET_ADDREXX -dcoin blake2s -dpsw c=DIN

Claymore Dpools.txt
POOL: stratum+tcp://korepool.com:4233, WALLET: %DWAL%, PSW: c=DIN

Incoming coins (ZEC, MAX)

Happy Mining Everyone.
castrudre

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:37:11 AM

@everyone Please be advised. The following website is not an official Shared MN Service provider for Dinero coin https://p2p-coins.pro/user/login. The only official and authorized Shared MN service are being offered through the Dinero Discord Chat (https://discord.gg/btDg5E) with the following authorized people: Tim.#6197  FalloWingS#3773  CryptoAddiction#2693  (Please take note of the ID # after their usernames). Joining any unofficial Shared MN Services  is not recommended. Kindly be cautious to whom you transact with. Dinero team will not be liable for any lost or stolen coins should you proceed with transacting with the said provider/s.
DineroCoin (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 86

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:25:15 PM

Did this wallet come up with a virus? Could all be a front to steal wallet files
Its like playing Whack a mole with you digital drug lord. Every time one of your objections is answered you pop up with something else.

There is no virus, go inspect the code it is open and available on Github here https://github.com/dinerocoin/dinero
Build it yourself if you prefer.

This is not some elaborate scheme to steal your wallet.

The coin is not fucked. We are a young coin, working hard to do the right thing, we have many exciting things underway. Please either join us, or dont but I dont understand why you spend all your time trying to take us down - such negativity.......

Anyway, you are welcome to join us help us on our journey.
Oleg__M85

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:23:15 PM

Is coin dead?
No pools, no volumes on exchanges, and price lower and lower...
Gelik

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:39:27 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 07:12:14 PM by Gelik

Mine last 2 hour on neopool (advert here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2828122.msg30181852#msg30181852])
17 blocks orphaned 5 mins before payment.
https://image.prntscr.com/image/zqZXloFwROidX3dfjTX6yQ.png

Dinero founders!!!
WHERE TO FARM YOUR **** COINZZZ Huh!!!!!
lutuy

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:13:19 PM

Mine last 2 hour on neopool (advert here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2828122.msg30181852#msg30181852])

Dinero founders!!!

Was a forked chain, it's nobody's fault, it happens. 2 pools were in the new chain, 2 pools in the old one. Now all is well.
Gelik

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:37:34 PM

Dinero founders!!!

Was a forked chain, it's nobody's fault, it happens. 2 pools were in the new chain, 2 pools in the old one. Now all is well.

wallet for compensation (DIN):  DHbjB3APRQfBCTvAYphuLRMgNoEZyFskfJ
lutuy

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:08:22 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 11:13:10 PM by lutuy

Sorry, but the chain split wasn't my fault.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: