Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:30:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Relationship between Bitcoin and Altcoin Prices  (Read 113 times)
halferemite (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:35:04 PM

hey guys i'm new to the crypto biz and wanted u to help me with a specific question to feel certain.

its about the USD and BTC prices of altcoins connected with the USD price of the alpha leader coin BTC.

Unconsidered the fact that if money goes out of BTC into altcoins , BTC price drops and Altcoin price goes up and vice versa.
But how is the relationship exactly if just BTC price goes up and vice versa?
BTC price goes up -> Altcoin prices in USD / BTC goes up.
BTC price goes down -> Altcoin prices in USD / BTC go down.

but why exactly? cant make the right connection in my head..

thx guys!
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tora

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:43:31 PM

There are two issues here. The price of altcoins against bitcoin and the price of all coins against dollars. The prices of all can change throughout the day but not all the same eg ethereum may gain against bitcoin but litecoin may fall., If there is bad news about cryptocurrencies eg a country banning an exchange then the whole crypto market will fall against the dollar.
halferemite (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:00:33 PM

thanks mate

but the 1. case that altcoins are falling against the dollar is because of bitcoin is linked to the dollar and if there are bad news eg for just bitcoin , bitcoin drops and then everything drops even in dollar as they are linked to btc right?
halferemite (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:38:15 PM

nobody?
Martinkuhn

Activity: 161
Merit: 1

0xf54CA5618b90810722B0e833DC150a97743A40B4

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:03:08 PM

hey guys i'm new to the crypto biz and wanted u to help me with a specific question to feel certain.

its about the USD and BTC prices of altcoins connected with the USD price of the alpha leader coin BTC.

Unconsidered the fact that if money goes out of BTC into altcoins , BTC price drops and Altcoin price goes up and vice versa.
But how is the relationship exactly if just BTC price goes up and vice versa?
BTC price goes up -> Altcoin prices in USD / BTC goes up.
BTC price goes down -> Altcoin prices in USD / BTC go down.

but why exactly? cant make the right connection in my head..

thx guys!

This is not exactly true. There are times that BTC goes up and Altcoin goes down. This happened most part of Nov and Dec 2017 when BTC was going thru some hardforks. Money flow from altcoin to BTC.

Then when BTC goes down, altcoins went up. Money flow from BTC to altcoin.

And when BTC and altcoin goes up together. This is due to the influx of new money from investors who are buying into crypto for the first time of their life. Money goes into BTC and then from BTC to altcoins. The entire market goes up together.

We must understand what are the mechanics happening behind the scene so that we can maximize our chances of making profits.

M E D I C H A I N ¦ The Medical Big - Data Platform ¦ M E D I C H A I N (https://medichain.online/)
 SAVING LIVES WITH BLOCKCHAIN
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: