Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:55:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the best segwit wallet for android?  (Read 174 times)
jrrsparkles (OP)

Activity: 2408
Merit: 265

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:06:27 PM

I am looking for the best Segwit wallet to use on android.Recently I found that a wallet greenaddress which supports segwit on android.

And I am currently using coinbase on my android,Is there any cahnce coinbase will support segwit in near future?
Or which is the best wallet,looking for some good suggestions.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Xavieroz

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:10:02 PM

Hello! There are many wallets that can help you, I would recommend something like Trezor, it is one of the first physical wallets that appeared and has great support and development behind it. But if you want a wallet where you can control the most famous coins Exodus offers you an application with the possibility of having wallets of different currencies.
nitrousteam

Activity: 154
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:28:27 PM

Samourai, Coinbase, Bitcoin wallet! These android wallets are planning to implement segwit into their system. Right now the Electrum with the Trezor can do the things for you ( only intended for desktop). After the successful transaction transfer funds to the mobile Electrum.
Smartphones are not intended to be the wallets but as the technology progresses it is inevitable to make them functional with the technology the crypto market is bringing( in this case fast segwit)!

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:32:02 PM

I am looking for the best Segwit wallet to use on android.Recently I found that a wallet greenaddress which supports segwit on android.

And I am currently using coinbase on my android,Is there any cahnce coinbase will support segwit in near future?
I think coinbase and blockchain.info wallets are the best bitcoin wallets for Android but none of them are supporting segwit yet.I heard that blockchain wallet will provide segwit address soon but I am not sure when it will happen.So it is better to use electrum wallet which is the best segwit wallets and it also available in android but I have no idea about electrum in android.
Davinus

Activity: 258
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:37:08 PM

Samourai, Coinbase, Bitcoin wallet! These android wallets are planning to implement segwit into their system. Right now the Electrum with the Trezor can do the things for you ( only intended for desktop).

Bitcoin wallet? i have never heard of that one before.
Please, stop spreading false information, coinbase will NEVER implement segwit addreses on their platform, so stop spreading bullshit in here.
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:21:39 PM

As far as I know coinbase already announced before the year 2017 ends that they have plans to implement segwit on their service this year, this is a big update for them so I think it will not be able any time soon, maybe mid or late this year. I don't know that much about android Bitcoin wallets that have segwit features/support, but I am currently using electrum wallet for storing my Bitcoins (both desktop and android version) and it supports segwit addresses. I also heard that samourai wallet also have segwit but I never tried using it.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3234

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:43:13 PM
Merited by bitart (1)

I use Samurai. I have done some transactions and it seems to work well and it has a lot of features. Andreas Antonopoulos likes it. My major complaint is that it crashes occasionally.

BTW, the coinbase app is not a wallet. It is an interface to your coinbase account (which is also not a wallet).

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: